RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

A TE that won't get any targets....

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

More than anything that’s my head scratcher. It’s not the kid himself. 

But Knox runs a lot of routes, we pay him a lot of money, but we don’t throw him the ball. 

I just don’t know how much production this team will ever get out of the TE to invest like we have?

• Like (+1) 2

One of my favorite players in all of college football. His game against USC might have been the best game of any player all year,

wish he was a better blocker but dude is an absolute stud receiver!!! The Bills took a guy I wanted!!!! And we finally took a TE. Love him and I’m so happy!!! (Would have love JSN but this is an awesome runner up prize). He can be a top 5 TE, which our franchise has never had. 

Allen and him are going to be best friends. So happy that I’m now scared haha!!!

• Like (+1) 16

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

We know Dorsey loves to run two TE sets Kincaid is perfect.

Elite upside and we wanted more help for Josh

I don't get why people are so down on this pick.  I'm stoked for our 2 TE sets this year.  I'm also told he's good after the catch for YAC which is the overrated stat of choice for many.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can he block?  That's all TE's do in this offense.

For the millionth time. Dawson Knox runs as many routes as any TE in the league not named Kelce. 

We keep grabbing receiving RB and TE’s and refuse to throw them the ball. They’re running routes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The moment we jumped in front of Dallas, I figured this was the pick. 

Yup I even posted that in the shout box.  I don’t hate adding talent and he’s a real talent, but pressure is now on Dorsey to better incorporate the TEs we have into the offense.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Governor said:

It takes years for TEs to develop and contribute in a meaningful way.

counter - he’s an oversized slot, instead of undersized slot like we’ve had 

Tight ends struggle to pick up the entirety of the pass game and blocking without live reps in practice but he can be WR3 day 1 and Knox as a traditional TE spot 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dorsey likes to run a heavy set, but think of a kick out audible to let Kincaid move into the slot and have a heavy LB try to handle him in coverage, with Cook coming out of the backfield.

dorseys challenge will be to not gimmick the offense too much.  But this team will have serious options game to game

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

This should be huge come red zone time where they’ve struggled. Weapons are weapons, coordinators need to figure out how to use them. 
At least this rookie will see the field. Knox hasn’t stayed consistently healthy and they don’t have to take him off the field to play Kincaid. 👍

He is a great tight end. He has good speed to get down the field and a very advanced ability to find a spot in the zone to get open and then turn upfield for yac.

He also has the best hands in the draft and can play in line, in the slot or even out wide. He is older and had some injury concerns, but if he is healthy he is ready to make an impact this year. Of the players left, this was the best player available imo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.