A picture of Von Miller and D Henry

Warriorspikes51

33 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So, let's just take the ball out of Josh's hands and give to Henry 350 times a season.

Fix the OL and let Josh throw the ball.

That's the thing about trading for a back like Henry or drafting a player like Bijan. If you are going to do them justice you build your offense around them. If you do that you're taking the ball out of Allen's hands to a significant extent. I thought the idea was to improve the O-line to give Allen more opportunity to work his magic with better weapons in the passing game.

You need a credible running game and a more balanced attack but there are some very promising RBs in this draft who should be available in the fourth or fifth rounds who can serve as excellent complements to Cook and NH (if he sticks around). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It would certainly make sense for both sides. The Titans need to be in rebuild mode. A RB approaching 30 doesn't help them. They need draft picks to help them move on from Tannehill, they've hit their ceiling with him.

If we do all available restructures and let Edmunds walk we have enough money to afford Henry, OBJ, a low end MLB, and a decent interior OL. Go into the draft with no pressing needs. I like it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Once again, what, we need the top skill position players in the game to "allow McD to succeed?"  

How about drafting our own RB, ... oh wait, we did that, got Singletary, Moss, and Cook, ... my bad.  

Seriously tho, do we really need to buy the top players to make our team work?  

Just put together a solid draft for once Beane, and save your job and make us happy too!  

we bought Von and that was working until he got hurt.

• Agree 1

So Von can't take a pic with someone without it being "this guy is coming to the Bills"? Big money spent on a RB (not that we have any money) would be less touches for Josh and Diggs. Money would be much better spent on a 2nd good WR. Hopkins or someone of that caliber. Any RB is fine, that's really the least of our worries. We need someone else to throw to and a better OL so we have time to throw it 

• Disagree 1

54 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So, let's just take the ball out of Josh's hands and give to Henry 350 times a season.

Fix the OL and let Josh throw the ball.

While I certainly don't want to take the ball out of Josh's hands, we do need to find a way to take some of the pressure off Josh. While Henry may be out of our range a strong free agent running back could definitely help with that, allowing us to focus on the OL in the draft.

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

we bought Von and that was working until he got hurt.

We can't buy everyone was the point.  How about drafting well.  And when you have to buy all your key players what does it say about your team management.  Not much.  Beane really needs to hit a home-run draft for a change.  No role players, no drafting guys to change what they do once they get here, no being cute to try to show everyone how bright you are, just draft a player and put him in the spot he played in college and hope that we get top play from him.  ... for once.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am probably one of his biggest fans as a player and even as a person. That said, we need BLOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blocking and better receivers.

If we could get the above then great, sign Henry. If not, he will just get destroyed just like any other RB with bad blocking.

Quesenberry, Safford, Taylor Lewan all blocked for the MVP of the league. 

Bud Dupree may be a cap casualty too

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

Henry is bigger than Von. Sign him up to rush the QB.

30 years ago when RB's went in round 1 and 240# pass rushing OLB's went in rounds 2-5............Von Miller would have been a RB in college.

It's almost inexplicable how Henry ended up at RB........he was big and athletic enough that he was the type who might have been a #1 overall draft pick as a DE...........but instead ended up going round 2 as a RB and TN got one last great season out of him before he got his "big for a RB" deal.

He's still super productive as a high volume carry guy.......just not so much on a per carry basis anymore.......but if he were a pass rusher he might still have a new $100M contract in him at this age rather than being seen as nearing the end. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. I'm not advocating for becoming a run first team. Look at KC. They are multi-dimensional. Their run game was critical in the playoffs to them winning the SB

In fairness to Von....he did everything he could. No team wanted to sign OBJ because he wasn't fully healthy

It's hard to repeat the old adage. Defense wins championships. 

Defense wins the big game. 

But running and balance win in the playoffs.

And offense gets you to the playoffs.

In other words you need a well rounded talented team to win.

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We can't buy everyone was the point.  How about drafting well.  And when you have to buy all your key players what does it say about your team management.  Not much.  Beane really needs to hit a home-run draft for a change.  No role players, no drafting guys to change what they do once they get here, no being cute to try to show everyone how bright you are, just draft a player and put him in the spot he played in college and hope that we get top play from him.  ... for once.  

no argument here. Beane certainly needs to draft better than recent seasons. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tennessee has basically built their entire team around henry. 
I think many can agree it’s about time to blow it up as tannehill is an overpaid mess, they whiffed replacing brown with woods. 
But they’re not gonna let Henry out the door unless there’s outrageous compensation. It’s fun to think about though. I still would have concerns, Henry is most effective at 25+ carries a game beating down a defense and that’s not exactly Buffalos philosophy to keep pounding when it’s not working. No point adding Henry if he starts out 6 carries for 16 yards and they abandon the run the rest of the game. 

28 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I like Henry on the Bills for 2 seasons over drafting Robinson, who won’t fix OL or lack of slot WR. 

If the OL is not getting fixed by spending 12M/ yr on Henry. Would the OL be any less fixed spending 2M on Bijan?  I personally don't want either but at least with Robinson he cost controlled for 5 years. Eventually Beane's gotta run into some good drafted olineman?  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occassionally.  

32 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

While I certainly don't want to take the ball out of Josh's hands, we do need to find a way to take some of the pressure off Josh. While Henry may be out of our range a strong free agent running back could definitely help with that, allowing us to focus on the OL in the draft.

Lots of UFA RBs this year in all price ranges and running styles.  I've been waiting patiently for a bigger bodied back.

This regime has not tried one yet and I think this is the year to do it.  

I don't see the need to trade for a guy like Henry.  Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If the OL is not getting fixed by spending 12M/ yr on Henry. Would the OL be any less fixed spending 2M on Bijan?  I personally don't want either but at least with Robinson he cost controlled for 5 years. Eventually Beane's gotta run into some good drafted olineman?  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occassionally.  

You would think, but honestly, other than Allen you'd think that after 38 other draft picks we'd have found a nut by now too.  No such luck.  

Pretty bad "luck" for a GM that's considered to be so good.  

If you were to ask me who I would rather have next year, Henry or Oliver?  I would take Henry over Oliver in a heartbeat.  They both will have roughly the same cap hit, Henry I believe is on his last year and it could be possible that Titans will look to trade him.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Guys work out together all the time on other teams. Doesn’t mean anyone is recruiting anyone 

The eyes emoji and the Buffalo image in the picture are causing the speculation, not just that they're working out. Of course it's possible and even likely that Von is just creating rampant speculation on purpose for fun.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Henry is bigger than Von. Sign him up to rush the QB.

They're listed at almost the exact same size but Henry looks much bigger.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

is he really that much bigger than Von 😯 

They're listed at pretty much the same size. 6'3" 247 for Henry and 6'3" 249 for Vonnie 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sure, who wants a 1500 yard 13 TD Power + Speed back to make our offense much harder to defend.

You get Henry, draft a few OL early and toss in a dynamic WR and now your offense can win it all 

I dont really care about RB but I have to admit Henry on this offense would be insane. The fact that we don’t run a lot would actually keep him fresh too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.