A picture of Von Miller and D Henry

Warriorspikes51

7 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

yeah anyone who doesn't see how adding Henry would make the Bills better should probably stop pretending to know anything about football

he wouldnt have to carry the load here but it sure would be nice to have a guy that could grind it out in the 4th quarter and that had to be accounted for

you can certainly decrease his load from what Tennessee asked of him, given that he’s getting older and you have Josh Allen. Of course that then makes it harder to justify his $$$. 

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

you can certainly decrease his load from what Tennessee asked of him, given that he’s getting older and you have Josh Allen. Of course that then makes it harder to justify his $$$. 

It would force teams to pick their poison. Right now teams plays 2 high safety / drop everyone into coverage against us virtually all game. 

With Henry, teams would do that far less.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

$10m for 1 year isn’t exorbitant.  I’d love to get a power back with the ability to take it to the house.  

• Agree 1

• Warriorspikes51 changed the title to Von Recruiting Derrick Henry to Bills?

He has a $16M cap hit this year, and he'd probably cost at least a 3rd round pick, it's highly doubtful. Plus he's been overused for years dating back to high school. I doubt he'll play another full season in his career.

Take a look at Henry's Senior season in HS absurd stats:

in 13 games:

462 carries

4,251 yards

55 TDs

He averaged more than 35 carries, 327 yards, & 4 TDs... PER GAME.

Edited by 947

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

$10m for 1 year isn’t exorbitant.  I’d love to get a power back with the ability to take it to the house.  

Plus thats just his base salary, which could be adjusted - if it were me id add a year, move some bonus money around and get the cap hit lower for this year so you can address the offensive line more effectively.  

Just now, 947 said:

He has a $16M cap hit this year, and he'd probably cost at least a 3rd round pick, it's highly doubtful. Plus he's been overused for years dating back to high school. I doubt he'll play another full season in his career.

Take a look at Henry's Senior season in HS absurd stats:

in 13 games:

462 carries

4,251 yards

55 TDs

He averaged more than 35 carries & 4 TDs... PER GAME.

10.5.  Tennessee eats signing and restructure bonuses.  They already paid him the signing and restructure bonuses, so it jumps up into this year of the cap giving them a ~10M dead money hit.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

Henry isn’t a quick back and looks painfully slow if there’s no hole. He doesn’t “create from nothing,” so to speak, so if he were running behind the current Bills OL we’d all be complaining how he looks shot. If the OL can open some holes, then yes, he’s a runaway freight train, but we’ve had issues with run blocking for awhile now. 

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Plus thats just his base salary, which could be adjusted - if it were me id add a year, move some bonus money around and get the cap hit lower for this year so you can address the offensive line more effectively.  

If he's traded or cut, re-do his deal  2 years with a void year

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Henry isn’t a quick back and looks painfully slow if there’s no hole. He doesn’t “create from nothing,” so to speak, so if he were running behind the current Bills OL we’d all be complaining how he looks shot. If the OL can open some holes, then yes, he’s a runaway freight train, but we’ve had issues with run blocking for awhile now. 

You do know he ran behind Saffold, Quessenberry and a broken Lewan right? 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Once again, what, we need the top skill position players in the game to "allow McD to succeed?"  

How about drafting our own RB, ... oh wait, we did that, got Singletary, Moss, and Cook, ... my bad.  

Seriously tho, do we really need to buy the top players to make our team work?  

Just put together a solid draft for once Beane, and save your job and make us happy too!  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If he's traded or cut, re-do his deal  2 years with a void year

You do know he ran behind Saffold, Quessenberry and a broken Lewan right? 

I do, but all 3 players were markedly better there than they were here. I don’t have the PFF numbers but I’m willing to bet they support that observation. Whether that’s due to the run scheme, or something else, Henry wouldn’t have the same success behind this Buffalo OL in this system.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.