How do the Bills win the Super Bowl next year?

QB Bills

Continue putting the best team that they can on the field and with some luck they could win (same for all teams.

I think it would be crazy to fire the GM or Head Coach.  I don’t necessarily believe that replacing the coordinators is necessary (or wise).

See if the draft can help the OL and fill what holes you can with limited FA $.

The Bills need to take it one game at a time.  You know, give it 110% and leave it all on the field.  Allen needs all day to throw it, and our runningbacks need to run downhill.  The defense needs to bend but not break and our pass rushers need a quick first step and have a motor that just won't quit.  Take care of the football and play the full 60 minutes.  Seeing more circus catches would be a plus.  ;)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/44470-the-20-worst-football-clichs

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Invest in the offense and surround Allen with the best talent possible.  And by "invest" I mean:

*  To the extent the CAP allows we favor the offense in who we sign as FA's

*  The bulk of our draft picks for the next two seasons go to the offense.

*  We change our defensive tactics to recognize that we're an offensive team.  I would copy KC where their philosophy is more compatible with having a high energy O with a big play QB at the helm.  This means the LAST thing we want to do is allow teams to nickle & dime us to death on D.  Long, time consuming scoring drives are worse then giving up the occasional big play score.  After a big play score our O is right back on the field.

I agree with everything you proposed.  Getting McB to agree will be a completely different challenge altogether. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Defensive line is healthy heading into the playoffs. Allen gets hot again.

Allen needs a better offense around him though Dorsey has no rhythm, he is erratic & he has to get better. Defense scheme has to evolve and play to its strengths instead of letting an offense play it it’s. 

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

Allen needs a better offense around him though Dorsey has no rhythm, he is erratic & he has to get better. Defense scheme has to evolve and play to its strengths instead of letting an offense play it it’s. 

Ok but we’re still one the best offenses in the league. We should only get better with better pieces around Allen and Dorsey having more experience.

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Defensive line is healthy heading into the playoffs. Allen gets hot again.

All teams have depth issues because of the salary cap. DLine had tons of injuries this year. Even most of the guys playing weren't 100%. Look at the Rams go from winning a SB to being a loser team. Lost their QB, top receivers and on and on to injury. 49ers were stacked with having 3 good QBs... and it wasn't enough in the end as they went all the way to the 4th in the conference finals... who got injured too!

Josh can never get injured for more than 2-3 games, and certainly not in the playoffs.

Add a dynamic WR, Davis plays better, Knox gets more touches, upgrade the LG spot, Miller stays healthy, Hyde comes back and plays well, Elam settles in at CB#2, and they find a decent replacement for Edmunds.

Or

Get rid of McDermott and bring in Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh and Allen would win multiple Lombardi's

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Add a dynamic WR, Davis plays better, Knox gets more touches, upgrade the LG spot, Miller stays healthy, Hyde comes back and plays well, Elam settles in at CB#2, and they find a decent replacement for Edmunds.

Or

Get rid of McDermott and bring in Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh and Allen would win multiple Lombardi's

I thought Harbaugh said he was staying at Michigan. 

33 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I thought Harbaugh said he was staying at Michigan. 

He did but that was to leave for Denver and Wilson. It won't happen but if the Bills decided to move on from McDermott I'm guessing Harbaugh would leave to coach with Allen. I'd prefer Lincoln Riley at USC to be honest but he just got there. 

• Like (+1) 1

mahomes gets hit by a pepsi truck forcing state farm to pay over 500m in insurance claim damage. 

trevor lawrence cuts his hair revelaing massive scar tissue from traumatic encounter with Urban Meyer which causes his leadership ability to come into question and the team quits on him. 

jalen hurts suddenly turns into cam newton, with a geneder identity crisis and a new found urge to walk the run way "football be dammed, im a queen"

brock purdys elbow is not repairable and he dives into a spiral of self destruction with hookers and cocaine. 

tua tagovailoa is still in concussion protocol well into the 2023 season "eating my foods out of a blender isnt bad" "put me in coach"

The dolphins organization realizes mike mcdaniel really is a dork when he tries to wall paper stephen rosses bathroom in pokemon theme vinyl. ross fires him on the spot and gives him a lifetime membership to equinox gym. 

the jets stick with the all time bill killer zach wilson, mosley gets shot in the off season, sauce gardner gives up his dream of a lombardi cause he hates the color green, garrett wilson takes the karlos williams route and gains 300 lbs eating oreo cookies and annies mac n cheese while claiming hes trying to bulk up to be like DK metcalf. 

this sounds about right? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

mahomes gets hit by a pepsi truck forcing state farm to pay over 500m in insurance claim damage. 

trevor lawrence cuts his hair revelaing massive scar tissue from traumatic encounter with Urban Meyer which causes his leadership ability to come into question and the team quits on him. 

jalen hurts suddenly turns into cam newton, with a geneder identity crisis and a new found urge to walk the run way "football be dammed, im a queen"

brock purdys elbow is not repairable and he dives into a spiral of self destruction with hookers and cocaine. 

tua tagovailoa is still in concussion protocol well into the 2023 season "eating my foods out of a blender isnt bad" "put me in coach"

The dolphins organization realizes mike mcdaniel really is a dork when he tries to wall paper stephen rosses bathroom in pokemon theme vinyl. ross fires him on the spot and gives him a lifetime membership to equinox gym. 

the jets stick with the all time bill killer zach wilson, mosley gets shot in the off season, sauce gardner gives up his dream of a lombardi cause he hates the color green, garrett wilson takes the karlos williams route and gains 300 lbs eating oreo cookies and annies mac n cheese while claiming hes trying to bulk up to be like DK metcalf. 

this sounds about right? 

What year were you born?  Would you consider having a DNA test done?  Your 'theatre of the absurd' writing has me wondering...🤔

😁

• Thank you (+1) 1

-Healthy Von back at all pro play

-Tre back to his old self

-Elam lives up to his draft status 

-Benford steps in and turns out to be stud safety 

-Gabe moisturizes the stone putt his hands and gets to 70% catch rate 

-Allen learns to exploit the 7 yards in front of him too

- the bills upgrade the slot with a really RAC playmaker

- Cook becomes Chris Johnson 2.0

- they get better on the o line and d line

- resign or upgrade Tremaine 

Any 9 of these plus staying healthy should get the ring

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As the legend John Madden would occasionally say when discussing what a team needs to to win, "the object of the game is to score more points than the other team."

If the Bills do that for every playoff game in a particular season, then I guarantee they win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Wizard
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/10/2023 at 7:13 AM, QB Bills said:

Threads upon threads upon threads but this is really what it boils down to. We have (in my opinion) the most talented QB in the league. What needs to happen before next season for us to all die (eventually!) happy?

I'll throw it out there and say that we'll have to win big in spite of a coward as head coach. It can be done but we'll never have an advantage at the HC position in the playoffs. Barry Switzer did it so it's not impossible.

My wish would be to kick Clappy to the curb and hire Ben Johnson but that's not going to happen. As such I'm not too optimistic about 2023. Somebody talk me off the ledge.

Trade McD and our #1 for McV, fire both coordinators and let McV start fresh.  

• Eyeroll 1

On 2/10/2023 at 1:13 AM, QB Bills said:

Threads upon threads upon threads but this is really what it boils down to. We have (in my opinion) the most talented QB in the league. What needs to happen before next season for us to all die (eventually!) happy?

I'll throw it out there and say that we'll have to win big in spite of a coward as head coach. It can be done but we'll never have an advantage at the HC position in the playoffs. Barry Switzer did it so it's not impossible.

My wish would be to kick Clappy to the curb and hire Ben Johnson but that's not going to happen. As such I'm not too optimistic about 2023. Somebody talk me off the ledge.

Trust the Process!  

😂

Save lots of money and use bribery. Bribery is usually pretty effective, I think it’s our best chance of winning the 2024 Super Bowl.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, ProcessTruster said:

Get into the playoffs and above all, have a healthy roster for the playoffs.  

I'm still waiting to see Miller, Groot, Jones and Oliver on the field at the same time.   Happened once or twice last year and it was really strong.   Beane got it right last year, but the guys couldn't stay on the field. 

We do have to improve our OL.  If we can run the football and allow Allen to stay in the pocket  we will definitely score enough to win against good teams.  

• 2 months later...

Why would anyone talk a person with negativity such as yours off the ledge? Jump.

BTW... McDermott is the 13th winningest coach all time, and Josh Allen is an interception machine. That puts huge holes in your post.

• Vomit 1

In response to the original question.  There is a series of steps. 

1. Must make the playoffs
  2. Win in the wildcard round (or get a bye)
  3. Win the divisional round of the playoffs
  4. Win the conference championship game. 
  5. Win the super bowl game. 

Its the same formula for every team, every year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Get Allen and Diggs some help on offense.

Have an NFL level OL this year not the high school level OL they have been trotting out there lately.

Learn how to play in bad weather. Sad that a Bills team isn't built for this.

Have a defense that won't **** the bed against good teams every time.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.