How do the Bills win the Super Bowl next year?

QB Bills

You have to put yourself in a position to have a chance to win it

And then it comes down to a number of factors

Injuries to our team

Injuries to the other teams

Also matchups with other teams

Let’s keep in mind that the Chiefs almost didn’t even make it to the Super Bowl. They came very close to losing in one of the playoff games.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills are the 3rd best team in the AFC now. The division is no longer a lock. They are still a playoff team so they have a chance technically. So what does it take to win the super bowl? You are going to have to beat KC in KC and Cinci in Cinci in the playoffs. Mahomes and Burrow back to back most likely. Regular season is less important now. They don't have much of a shot at home field imo. Everyone has to be healthy and you have to play your best ball in January 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Step 1:  Purchase Madden 24;

Step 2: Set sliders on Madden 24 to "Rookie";

Step 3: Win Super Bowl in in Madden 24 with 500 yards passing by Josh Allen, and a score of 63-7 over [ insert NFC fodder team here].

I love my Bills.  I don't think it is a Super Bowl year.  

Rebuild?  No...I prefer the term "Reload."

However, I think 24 will set up very nicely for a run in 25.

Buffalo Bills...prove me wrong and win it all in 24.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

They need to do these three things, in my view:

1.  The Bills get a much better right tackle and hopefully one more starting caliber guard to at least challenge for the spot.

2.  An offensive play caller who sees and understands the entire field, who uses his running backs dramatically more and more effectively, and who uses the short passing game in the same way.  (If not, Allen will take another step back this year, playing Hero Ball to an even greater degree--not because he wants that, not because he doesn't know better, but because he has to.)

3.  A starting caliber inside linebacker (likely not on the roster now) and a starting caliber wide receiver and to use the receivers better, in  a more diverse, dynamic, creative way.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Genuinely chuckled at this.

Leaning on the backs more to take pressure off of Josh having to do everything.  Runs, screens, wheel routes(Cook), etc.  James Cook should be used like the Payton coached Saints did with Kamara.  

Expecting Josh to gunsling us to the promise land is a longshot, in my opinion.  I think McDermott knows this.  The onus is on Dorsey.  

• Agree 1

Win the Super bowl?  If you can avoid KC or Cincy that'd be cool.  2008 Steelers won a super bowl by beating San Diego, Baltimore, and Arizona (Brady was injured, and Manning's colts lost to the chargers).  

Get hot in January not in September is the big one.  Home field is important, but we can't make it our identity for an entire season.  

Going to likely need to beat KC in their building, so figure out how you are going to do that.  Allen seems to play well there, so just let it rip.  I'd also like Dorsey to save some of his better looks for the playoffs.  I think we need to get stouter against the run, since the super bowl opponent from the NFC will likely be a stronger running team like philly, SF, Dallas.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

Score more points that our opponents in the post season games.

oh, and adjust our play designs and scheming as needed to accommodate the above, 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills winning the Super Bowl this season would be unprecedented. Hell, the Bills even making the Super Bowl this season would be something that has only happened once in the Super Bowl era...

No Head Coach/Starting QB combo has ever won their first Super Bowl together after their 5th season together. McDermott and Allen are entering year 6 together. Only one Head Coach/Starting QB combo has ever advanced to their first Super Bowl in their 6th season together: the 2004 Eagles. 

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen this year, but given historical data and cap limitations, my expectations are tempered. 

For the record, I am not in the fire McDermott camp. I like McDermott a whole lot. I think he's a good enough coach to win a Super Bowl. But, history suggests that McDermott and Allen won't get over the hump together. But I hope they do. 

Edited by MPL

Win the Super bowl?  If you can avoid KC or Cincy that'd be cool.  2008 Steelers won a super bowl by beating San Diego, Baltimore, and Arizona (Brady was injured, and Manning's colts lost to the chargers).  

Get hot in January not in September is the big one.  Home field is important, but we can't make it our identity for an entire season.  

Going to likely need to beat KC in their building, so figure out how you are going to do that.  

High octane offense.  At least three WR who are threats to the defense and are match up problems.  Solid O line that gives Allen a chance to throw.   Defense that is more aggressive.  Frazier’s passive defense was aggravating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Yes, Josh needs to go off, but for that to happen against top teams we need: (1) develop a threatening running game; (2) improve the OL; (3) improve WR beyond Diggs; (4) make passing game more unpredictable, involving TE’s, RB and WR in it.  This can actually be accomplished next year with individual player improvement, OC improvement, and good drafting.

On D we need to stay healthy, including Von getting back to health.  Having another DT or backup safety would be nice, but not necessary.  Also, perhaps Oliver goes nuts in a contract year.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If the Bills can lift the offensive lines performance from bad (bottom 8 in the NFL) to average they will have as good a chance as any of the other leading contenders to win the Super Bowl.

Completely agree. Too bad this wasn't the strategy 4 years ago. We don't need a top 5 OL, just top 15. You do this and you can ween Josh a little off of scrambles that might lead to injury or fumbles.  Give him more than 2 seconds in the pocket and he will carve you up.  Still hoping we draft 2 olineman to supplement McGovern & Edwards. Continue searching for wr2 and expand the run game.  Have an offensive identity. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.