JJ Watt retiring

YoloinOhio

Ah yes, JJ Watt.

Fortunately for the Bills, JJ Watt help expose EJ Manuel for the inept  player he was.

I was in the stadium with a perfect angle when EJ lofted a ball to Watt who proceeded to run it 80 yards for a TD.  It was like watching a car wreck in slow motion, you could see it coming all the way.  

Imagine, a DT returning a interception 80 yards.  It was the second half when they finally benched EJ

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thank GOD!  So tired of hearing this guy’s knob get slobbered every time he’s televised. 

I’m always interested in seeing what these roid boys look like a few months to a year after retiring. 

He'll drop at least 50 pounds in a couple months.

4 minutes ago, babulator said:

IDK, I've just always found this guy extremely unlikeable. It's probably the blatant steroid abuse. To put him in the same breathe as LT, or Bruce, or Reggie is silly. Those guys are the cream of the crop. JJ put up stats, but he pales in comparison. Just my 2 cents.

Didn’t Bruce get suspended for roids?

He was a beast, but this announcement was expected two seasons ago when he signed with Zona. He’s declined due to age and wear and tear, his contact is up and he would not get paid well if he continued to play. Better to tip his cap now and walk away than have to do it in the off-season after seeing the modest one year contract offers. 

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Arizona was becoming irrelevant, needed to bring the spotlight back on him

Exactly.

Just like the JJ Watt deification on Hard Knocks.  It was nauseating, especially since I live in Houston.  They closed one segments with JJ Watt catching balls "for hours" after practice into the night with the lights on.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Why not just announce after the season like many fading HOFers do. He was an incredible player in his dpoy run but since then he’s always been too attention-seeking for his level of production imo. This press release is another example. 

There season was over, not really different than with Kyle Williams when he retired. He's just not a longtime franchise favorite getting a fan send off at the end of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.