Motor and Cook NFL Best RB tandem?

RenoNVBillsfan

I’ve been impressed with Motor the past 2 seasons and feel a long term contract is warranted. Yes, I know RBs are a dime a dozen and it’s wrong to overpay. However this guy not only runs with authority, elusiveness and toughness but also capable as a receiver and above average in pass protection. Plus, has the utmost respect of JA. I’d lock him up at least for a 4 yr deal this off-season. 

Watching Cook surge in both the running and receiving game, is there a better tandem of RBs than Motor and Cook right now? Motor averaging 4.6 ypr, Cook 5.8 ypr. 

6E6384FC-F326-4A7A-BA7E-15615AE66084.jpeg

77FC5DDA-8322-460B-83A8-16DC4B94D8A8.jpeg

• Eyeroll 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 14

If they show up every week and play like they did last week this team will be very hard to stop & if consistent with their out put they will become on the top duo RB's in the league .

I woulds love to see them lock motor up for a while pay him decent but not A money he's a perfect fit here in the Bills running game willing to do what ever is asked to get the win a true Bills type !! 

8 minutes ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

I’ve been impressed with Motor the past 2 seasons and feel a long term contract is warranted. Yes, I know RBs are a dime a dozen and it’s wrong to overpay. However this guy not only runs with authority, elusiveness and toughness but also capable as a receiver and above average in pass protection. Plus, has the utmost respect of JA. I’d lock him up at least for a 4 yr deal this off-season. 

Watching Cook surge in both the running and receiving game, is there a better tandem of RBs than Motor and Cook right now? Motor averaging 4.6 ypr, Cook 5.8 ypr. 

He will have a chance to show what he can do in the playoffs,  if the results don't improve from previous playoffs years they will just draft another RB

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

Obviously not the best tandem - Chubb/Hunt, Elliot/Pollard, etc.

J Cook is going to take on a larger role in the future- that's what good team management does for its higher draft picks.  Develop and use the cheap talent you drafted.  

There is a need next year for a Thunder RB to complement Cook.  That RB should be 95% good on 3rd and 1s and good in pass protection.  IMO AJ Dillon would be a better fit if the price is right.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He will have a chance to show what he can do in the playoffs,  if the results don't improve from previous playoffs years they will just draft another RB

If Singletary continues his good play into the playoffs, then his stock is going to rise and he will not be affordable by the Bills.  

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

no lol. also no to 4 year deal.

0 points.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I like Singletary. He is good in pass pro, is a good receiver and rarely gets tackled for a loss, nearly always getting past the first tackler. He is not great at anything, but is good at most. He is durable, dependable, liked and respected on the team and is a team first player. He does have is limitations and Cook is a great compliment. 

I would try to resign him to a fair but team friendly deal. If he would take it, great. If not, look for a bigger, AJ Dillon type back in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

Personally, I'm not a huge Singletary fan.  He has some good games, and games where he spends a lot of plays running into a pile.  A good share of that may be due to the O-line though.  I'm not saying the Bills should get rid of him.  I'm just not ready to give him a big money long term commitment.  I like what I'm seeing from Cook, but he's a rookie in his first season, and it's taken a while to see him get untracked.  I'll feel more confident about him if he comes out of the gate next season running with the same confidence and catching passes.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Personally, I'm not a huge Singletary fan.  He has some good games, and games where he spends a lot of plays running into a pile.  A good share of that may be due to the O-line though.  I'm not saying the Bills should get rid of him.  I'm just not ready to give him a big money long term commitment.  I like what I'm seeing from Cook, but he's a rookie in his first season, and it's taken a while to see him get untracked.  I'll feel more confident about him if he comes out of the gate next season running with the same confidence and catching passes.

I’m getting to the point with cooki where whenever he gets the ball I get excited whenever I see him get to the second level because I know it’s going to be a good play. The only problem is I’m reserved because of the way he was used in college he has always been that add to back he has never been the guy you take motor for instants motor had a ton of carries in college and was productive cook is not. I honestly hope the cook just proves me wrong on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I can't stand Elliot, but I believe that goes to Elliot & Pollard. A combined 1,817 rushing yards and 20 tds. Add another 463 yards and 3 tds receiving.

Hiw about we start with they are a developing tandem that provides more options for this team?  Dallas right now is on top, and I don’t necessarily want to be the top rushing team, but want to be an effective running team.  In the same vein, I want to acquire another WR and an effective TE so we can run 10, 11, 12, and 21 personnel interchangeably.  That makes for an impossible offense to defend as you can be fluid based on you’re opponent.

Dont mistake, I’m very happy we are growing as a team especially with the showdown in Cincy next Monday night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.