Diggs throwing his helmet and asking for the ball more

Einstein

It's called being a COMPETITOR! Not a diva.

I don't want guys that don't want the ball & don't care. 

He's not out putting Dorsey, McD, Allen or any teammates on blast after games. He wants the ball & wants to win. I'm screaming about those things right along with him during games, guess that makes me a couch diva. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

there is some truth to that but Dorsey is doing zero to help diggs and he's starting to become a decoy.  

Which is weird because early in the year Dorsey was being complimented for finding different ways to get him open. Around the Pittsburgh game iirc.

Last 3 games he's averaged 7.7 targets, about 2.5 targets below his average. But if you go the last 5 it increases to 8.7 and the last 6 increases to 9.9 which is about .3 under his season average. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

“*****, we won this week.  What can we complain about?”

- OP, Probably 

I didn’t complain about anything. In fact I specifically stated that I didn’t see either moments people are mentioning and asked if there was anything to this or if it’s nonsense. At least read the post before you make a wise crack about it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I heard a rumor that Allen and Davis didn’t invite Diggs to the Syracuse game.  But Diggs found out and drove to Allen’s house before they all left.

It’s true 

squirrel winter is my neighbor 

Edited by Buffalo716

9 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

He's frustrated because he knows what this offense should be.   A juggernaut that only punts when we're up 30.  What he failed to realize we're Gabe and McKenzie are incredibly inconsistent.   Oh throw Knox up there too.

In Knox's defense Dorsey has kept him in to help block a bunch this year because our OL sucks so bad. And he has had some drops, but he does have the highest catch rate of the guys who normally play at 74.7%.

• Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Trock said:

He knows this year is the year and doesn’t want our pee wee oc to ruin it. 

Yeah, I mean last season we averaged a whopping .9 points more a game than this season.

As in not even 1.

And that is with playing the toughest schedule in the NFL this season when last year we played almost the weakest schedule.

But, never mind me, carry on.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Josh is kind of a diva for not letting Keenum play. He won't even blow out teams so he can maybe get a little mop up duty.

Running the ball, throwing TD passes, he really won't let anyone else get involved. It's all about Josh, all the time.

I'm not saying it's a problem, but the facts are right in front of you, even choose to ignore them.

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

the dude is irritated that we sputter in games and he knows he is the best option for Josh.  

Isn’t it Josh’s job as the QB to read the defense and decide which route is the best option given how the defense reacts after the snap

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

I agree, get him the ball.  Design plays, rub routes, fades (where have they gone, back shoulder throws as well) to get him the ball.

You seem to be making an assumption that we don’t have play designs where Diggs is open, and that lack of play designs to get Diggs the ball is the reason he’s only getting 9-10 targets per game.

If you like to wander over to another thread, you can find play breakdowns where (for example) Diggs was arguably open and the best option.  Josh chose to hold the ball and manipulate the DB to close up on Diggs, and threw over his head to McKenzie deep.

• Like (+1) 1

• Einstein changed the title to Diggs throwing his helmet and asking for the ball more
16 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Cry baby's. A WR wants the ball. So here we go with the pitchforks running out of town one of the best athletes we've had on this team. We are so offended by everything these days. Eff

You might be the most dramatic one in the whole thread. Just something to reflect on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Isn’t it Josh’s job as the QB to read the defense and decide which route is the best option given how the defense reacts after the snap

You seem to be making an assumption that we don’t have play designs where Diggs is open, and that lack of play designs to get Diggs the ball is the reason he’s only getting 9-10 targets per game.

If you like to wander over to another thread, you can find play breakdowns where (for example) Diggs was arguably open and the best option.  Josh chose to hold the ball and manipulate the DB to close up on Diggs, and threw over his head to McKenzie deep.

You could be right.  But I am theorizing based off what I see and the difference between last year and this year.

But cool... 

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Which is weird because early in the year Dorsey was being complimented for finding different ways to get him open. Around the Pittsburgh game iirc.

Last 3 games he's averaged 7.7 targets, about 2.5 targets below his average. But if you go the last 5 it increases to 8.7 and the last 6 increases to 9.9 which is about .3 under his season average. 

I would guess that later in the year it becomes the easier it is for other teams to start to figure out what the bills are doing on offense.  I suppose it could be a possibility that between Josh's elbow and the weird schedule and bad weather that has made practicing for new plays hard, meaning things have been kept more vanilla.  I also wonder if first two or three games of the year werent just running off scripted plays from last year

Edited by Comebackkid

30 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You might be the most dramatic one in the whole thread. Just something to reflect on.

You're probably right haha. Not calling anyone in here a cry baby as much as people calling in the radio show for days about this. It was more than today. It'd be cool just to enjoy a competitive player. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

22 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I would guess the later in the year to becomes the easier it is for other teams to start to figure out what the bills are doing on offense.  I suppose it could be a possibility that between Josh Hill and zelbow and the weird schedule and bad weather that has made practicing for new plays hard, meaning things have been kept more vanilla.  I also wonder if first two or three games of the year werent just running off scripted plays from last year

One thing I did notice from looking at the game logs is in many of the games that are really tight and go right down to the end, he usually gets really high targets. Vikings, Lions & Chiegs come mind. His targets are usually about 50% higher than average(about 15).

On whether things have been kept vanilla or not, I would say 99.9% of our offense this year has been vanilla. Not many jet sweeps and literally no misdirection or trick plays. I like when Daboll would call a double reverse WR pass or the HB pass every once in a while and they almost always worked. Anyways back to the vanilla offense Josh and maybe Beane? stated that there were concepts they couldn't run because of the lack of experience at the slot position. We haven't been throwing deep lately and I'm wondering if that's because of Josh's elbow. Though the Miami was the first game that I thought maybe his arm is getting back to "normal". 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.