Josh Allen - Nicknames?

MJS

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's nothing short of the franchise savior. Without him McD and Beane would be out of jobs. If Jets take Allen, Bills take Rosen or Darnold and neither Beane nor McD last long enough to find another QB. 

I don't really feel that's true considering he got us to the playoffs with tyrod. Josh is def the savior though 

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Pro Football Reference is a great website for looking up stats on players and teams. They also keep track of nicknames for the players, which they list in parentheses right after their real name (I have no idea what sources they use).

For instance, Patrick Mahomes has the following nicknames associated with him: Grim Reaper, Showtime, Magic Man, The Musician, Fatrick, The Gunslinger, or Mahomeboy.

For Ryan Fitzpatrick they list "Amish Rifle" and "Fitzmagic".

Here is Tom Brady's nicknames: TB12, Tom Terrific, Touchdown Tom, GOAT, The Pharaoh, Comeback Kid, or Sir.

For Josh Allen they only list one, and it's not one I even see being used anywhere: "General"

I see people use others like The Unicorn, JA17, and even The Winter Soldier has been thrown around a few times. Where did they get "General" from? Does that stem from college or something?

I found this reddit poll, which was interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/buffalobills/comments/scf6j0/josh_allens_nickname/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

When you're as good as Josh Allen, the only nickname you need is "Josh Allen."

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

There is only one Tom Terrific and that is Mr. Tom Seaver, goddammit!!!

The only other name I've heard Josh called besides General is Alien.  But I think that's more of a description than a nickname.

He'll always be Josh or Joshy to me.

My 7 year old daughter calls him Joshy.  Are you a 7 year old girl gug?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I always liked the Winter soldier

Born and bred from the Wintory hell hole that is Wyoming

Take it easy.... Josh loves Wyoming and so do quite a few die-hard Bills fans now. Sounds like hotter than hell Riverside may have made you soft haha!

Anyway -- "General" has nothing to do with any time in college at Wyo. We never called him anything other than simply Josh or sometimes JA.

Edited by PokeForLife
Typo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.