Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

He was hurt last year. Let him get in game shape. Play him week 18 and God willing we have a bye, that'd be 6 weeks til the playoffs

THIS.  But frankly I think he can and should be I the lineup earlier than that. Same playback, it's Josh, he could play this week and be fine. But I expect he will play next week.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They can take the flier. I am not saying they absolutely shouldn't do it. I'm saying it won't succeed. I don't think there is anything left beyond a bloke who can catch 3-5 yard passes and fall over on the spot. 

I think you are right, but there is no amount of evidence that will convince his fans of that.  It stinks of desperation to me, as did the Brown signing. I hope I am wrong.   

• Like (+1) 1

Didn't care for him last year because he would make the catch and immediately fall, but to be honest, we could use that now. At least move the ball 5 - 6 yards a pop. Slot has been really bad this year. A move necessitated by McKittrick's inability to hold onto the ball.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

YES YES YESS!!!

It's crazy to me that people don't believe that Beasley's play when he was last in a Bills uniform isn't miles ahead of Mckenzie's.

It's not even up for rational debate.

The question is - Did he lose a lot more over the past year?  That's a reasonable question.

As it stands right now, we are suffering not having a reliable target and hands in clutch times and Beasley could very well be the answer.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They can take the flier. I am not saying they absolutely shouldn't do it. I'm saying it won't succeed. I don't think there is anything left beyond a bloke who can catch 3-5 yard passes and fall over on the spot. 

Isn’t that really all we need him to do? It’s clear McKenzie ain’t that guy. It’s clear the Bills don’t think Shakir is ready to be that guy. 

No one is expecting Beasley to run seam routes, if the expectation is for Beasley to be a zone beater who can find soft spots and keep us ahead of the chains by catching 6 yard passes and falling down then so be it. 

Shpuld I expect more out of a slot than that? Absolutely but it’s week 15, the Bills know they need help, he’s familiar with the QB and team. There aren’t better options. Even a guy like stay Hilton doesn’t fit what the Bills needed 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Beasley feels like a patch on a larger problem which is that our QB isn't seeing the field at the moment. 2 of our first 3 stalled drives were because of actual throw-aways rather than taking Cook and Knox underneath. Beasley doesn't help that.

If Josh feels more comfortable throwing to Beasley, that is great in the short term. But at some point he is going to have to start throwing to guys not named Diggs. I get Josh is hyper gifted. It must make decision making really difficult because he can make throws with some regularity that others can't. But if we aren't hitting those throws regularly, they stall drives. That isn't a get out of jail free card for the OL, McKenzie, Davis, or Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the talent is done. It looked done down the stretch last year. More done in Tampa. Maybe sitting on the couch has revived him. I very much doubt it. And I am no Tavon Austin fan btw. I just think Beasley is a waste of time at this point. He is washed. 

that is a strong possibility.  we can still get talent from him with a short, sit in the flat and find the open area to catch the ball. a 3 or 4 yard catch is as good as a 3 or 4 yard run. it drawsdefenders in closer to the LOS, and changes the dynamic of schemes defenses must respect.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bills Mafia

Justin Romano  · Just now  · 

Cole Beasley is signing with the Bills. He flew into buffalo this morning. Not sure if he will play this week. Source: I know a family member of his. Id prefer not to say who.

Bills will be signing Cole Beasley to practice squad.

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He looked much slower and his yards after catch plummeted.  However, he still had the best hands on the team.  What we need right now is a dependable target and someone who can supplement the short passing game to help on 1st and 3rd down.  Even a bit slower, I think he can do that.

Considering the ridiculous amount of drops this season, the point should be catching the ball. YAC would be nice but catch the damn ball first! and as you say Beasley is a sure thing on that short yardage and might boost our offense in the red zone and 3rd down. 

• Agree 1

This is a great proactive move. If he's got nothing left he stays on the practice squad and we "lose" nothing. 

I think there was something about the timing routes and work over the middle for high completion attempts that got Josh in rythm and sparked the offense. 

If he's 75% of what he was in his last year this was still worth a shot imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Beasley feels like a patch on a larger problem which is that our QB isn't seeing the field at the moment. 2 of our first 3 stalled drives were because of actual throw-aways rather than taking Cook and Knox underneath. Beasley doesn't help that.

If Josh feels more comfortable throwing to Beasley, that is great in the short term. But at some point he is going to have to start throwing to guys not named Diggs. I get Josh is hyper gifted. It must make decision making really difficult because he can make throws with some regularity that others can't. But if we aren't hitting those throws regularly, they stall drives. That isn't a get out of jail free card for the OL, McKenzie, Davis, or Dorsey.

Exactly Josh is always looking down field looking for the hero shots versus taking the dump offs for 5 yards

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

There you go. Gotta love this. This guy should get a warm welcome Saturday night. The Beasley haters should just let it go and just watch this 1st down machine do his thing. No more drops on crucial 3rd down throws. Welcome back Cole.

No one hates the guy. But he's convinced they do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.