Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yup and as soon as the CB throws off the timing, Tua is lost. I still think Tua is bad post snap at reading coverages and leverage. He throws the ball quick where McDaniel tells him too. 

Quite so, he's One Read Tua. It this offense he doesn't do NFL progressions nor read leverages for route trees. The play is designed to get the receiver to a spot at a certain time and the ball is expected to be there. Tua's job is to throw to that spot, his first read, no matter what the coverage dictates, or even if the receiver is there or not. I'm surprised he wasn't solved sooner, because he really looks like a raw rookie if he doesn't make that One Read throw in rhythm. Maybe they're just saving the Second Read for key games, like the Bills.

That said, the Dolphins adjustment in the 2nd half against the Chargers was, if they're going to play man, then if the first read isn't there pull it down and run, since most of the DB's will have their back to you. It was somewhat effective but not like Josh Allen with his "if they run it back with straight-up man cover again I'm running for a 40-yard touchdown" stuff vs Denver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, play zone.  

i guess getting RG the playbook on draft day didn’t help with his technique

I’m curious if he’s going off script a bit to make up for his deficiencies in zone and the staff doesn’t like it. It’s certainly not a discipline issue, but they might also be saying “you have to be better at what we’re doing, and if you aren’t going to do what we’re doing with playing time, we’ll play somebody who does”

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That said, the Dolphins adjustment in the 2nd half against the Chargers was, if they're going to play man, then if the first read isn't there pull it down and run, since most of the DB's will have their back to you. It was somewhat effective but not like Josh Allen with his "if they run it back with straight-up man cover again I'm running for a 40-yard touchdown" stuff vs Denver.

He does that and Milano might actually shatter the glass he's made out of.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will question McDermott on some things but the development of CBs isn’t one of them. Trusting the process on this. 

Seems like they took a similar approach with Espinosa.  He didn't get a lot of playing time his rookie year but has quietly emerged as one of the Bills better D-linemen.

1 hour ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

On the subject of CB, the one that came to mind was Tre White, and I was curious as to what others thought.  I noticed him getting beat a lot yesterday, looked slower and did not look to be back to his previous version. Defense done a great job either way

They said it was his first game playing 100% of snaps so it was a mixed bag but they believe he will continue to improve down the stretch  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Aren't the Bills like 2nd worst in the league with regard to dropped passes?

There is a thread here somewhere- Bills are now #1 in dropped passes.  Green Bay was number one, but they had a bye.  They had 2 more dropped passes.  But Bills had 5 or 7 dropped passes Sunday, and blew by GB to #1

#fortheloveofgodcatchtheFingball

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

There is a thread here somewhere- Bills are now #1 in dropped passes.  Green Bay was number one, but they had a bye.  They had 2 more dropped passes.  But Bills had 5 or 7 dropped passes Sunday, and blew by GB to #1

#fortheloveofgodcatchtheFingball

I thought I saw that yesterday, maybe in the GDT?

34 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Seems like they took a similar approach with Espinosa.  He didn't get a lot of playing time his rookie year but has quietly emerged as one of the Bills better D-linemen.

Uh no he hasn't. He got beat out by Lawson for a starting job (which is fine by me because I think Lawson is a good player).  He played a decent game yesterday but he has been invisible most of the year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Browsed the Miami board and i’ve never seen a fanbase dreading a game more than this one. The weather, Tua nursing an ankle and playing poorly the last couple weeks, fans fear for his health since Buffalo demolishes QBs and Tua. Bills revenge, etcx

They are resigned to a beat down.  Hope it turns out that way but i’m sure Miami will show up and play for their lives…like the Jets did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Browsed the Miami board and i’ve never seen a fanbase dreading a game more than this one. The weather, Tua nursing an ankle and playing poorly the last couple weeks, fans fear for his health since Buffalo demolishes QBs and Tua. Bills revenge, etcx

They are resigned to a beat down.  Hope it turns out that way but i’m sure Miami will show up and play for their lives…like the Jets did.

I was going to post the same thing!   Funny to see.. especially compared to the bravado that the Jets boards exhibited last week.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Tua doesn’t have nearly the leadership and toughness of Mike White. If he gets hit early, this could be a laugher 

• Like (+1) 1

I posted this in the Miami/LAC game thread, but has anyone noticed how Tua is on the sidelines during the game when the offense is off the field? 

He just sits there by himself and stares off into space. He never is talking to anyone or looking at the iPad or film, like it seems every other QB in the league does. It is very odd.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’d love to know the specifics of this.

What are they referencing? Alignments, footwork, zone awareness, hand combat, etc.

it is such an intricate position with many nuances and in very curious what Dane seems to be able to have picked up that Elam has now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Banged up Bills explains the variety of things "chest injury" could mean

Meanwhile, Tre Day isn't back to his all-pro form:

Wow.  I had no idea Tre played 100% of the defensive snaps yesterday.  I think this is a good thing as well as bad....good to see that Tre is finally getting closer back to 100% health, also good that the coaches felt comfortable enough to let him play the whole game, that they mutually (Tre and the coaches) felt like him playing the whole game was okay on him physically and didn't risk any additional setbacks. 

You know, one thing I personally have truly taken for granted, and have missed with Tre, is him being so darn good out there, being that lockdown CB we needed, and that when he was out there, we could just forget about him, and know he was gonna do his job and take the other team's #1 guy out of the equation.  To me, he was just THAT good, that dependable.  I pray he's one day able to be that guy again.  Saturday would be a beautiful night to start to show that old Tre off, with arguably the top WR in the game coming in, AND playing on a bum ankle.  

The only bad from yesterday, the other side, was that at times yesterday I did notice he seeming to have lost a step/got beat more than once. I totally acknowledge he's still slowly working his way back, but it was still a painful observation.  I have much faith that he'll return to the Tre of old eventually.

• Simon pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I was going to post the same thing!   Funny to see.. especially compared to the bravado that the Jets boards exhibited last week.

The Jets win vs us was legit. Makes sense they were more confident. Fish fans know their first win vs us was a fluke. They knew it when it happened but are now willing to admit it. We dominated them with our practice squad and it took a million unforced errors by us for them to win by 2 points. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I posted this in the Miami/LAC game thread, but has anyone noticed how Tua is on the sidelines during the game when the offense is off the field? 

He just sits there by himself and stares off into space. He never is talking to anyone or looking at the iPad or film, like it seems every other QB in the league does. It is very odd.

And also those NFL Films pieces where he is standing next to his head coach and they are yucking it up about nonsense, nothing to do with the actual game.  Tua is chill.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.