Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I like our chances a lot better this time. Last game we were missing Ed Oliver, Poyer and Morse. Three huge losses. Obviously we may be missing Oliver, but the other two are more important IMO. I think if we have Poyer, we don’t lose last game

Hill is also injured for them. That ankle looked like it was bothering him vs the Chargers. If he plays Saturday, he probably won't be 100%

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Very much in the minority but I like the all reds.   Given the potential for snow, I think the Reds may help.

Wish they'd stick to the white/white, blue/blue, and red/red.  I absolutely hate the white/blues.

Miss the throwbacks a lot as well.  

I'm not a fan of the all reds, but those jerseys will be a beacon to Josh when he throws downfield.

17 hours ago, zow2 said:

Browsed the Miami board and i’ve never seen a fanbase dreading a game more than this one. The weather, Tua nursing an ankle and playing poorly the last couple weeks, fans fear for his health since Buffalo demolishes QBs and Tua. Bills revenge, etcx

They are resigned to a beat down.  Hope it turns out that way but i’m sure Miami will show up and play for their lives…like the Jets did.

Watching a QB get collapsed like a lawn chair might give you some pause.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

2fer

One of my favorite Bills games of all time.  It was my wife's (then GF) first Bills game and first time attending anything in the snow, having been born and raised in San Diego.  Think Ricky Williams ran for like 230 yards and we were getting our azzes completely handed to us in the first half.  Then the snow started falling, Jim Kelly started pumping up the crowd on the sidelines, the Fish wilted and Bledsoe, Moulds and Price went absolutely crazy over a 10 minute stretch.  My wife was just going nuts cheering for the Bills and enjoying the snow - absolutely quintessential Buffalo experience for her.   By the time we got to our car it was full on blizzard conditions.  Love it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To further this...the Bills have damn good defensive coaches.  If they feel Elam isn't playing well, or there is a reason he isn't playing,  then I trust their judgement.  They regularly give the NFL the blueprints on how to stop offenses

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just looked back at who was out there for our secondary in week 3… Jaquan/Hamlin and Elam/Jamarcus Ingram. Dane and poyer were both out. Obviously no Tre. Benford I believe started the game but got hurt. Also no Ed Oliver. We did have both LBs. 

Also Phillips was out with a hamstring.  

Benford broke his hand during the game.

Morse was out with his elbow problem.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, hemma said:

Also Phillips was out with a hamstring.  

Benford broke his hand during the game.

Morse was out with his elbow problem.

Some critical pieces were missing that week. We were really hurting. Plus that was the first week without Hyde

I had to check Tua's game logs for how many games he played in "cold" weather.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TagoTu00.htm

He has played in 3.  

1st- 35 degrees in 2020 season in Buffalo.  Defense subbed 2nd string later in game.  56-26.  We all remember that beat down.

2nd- 43 degrees in last year's Titans game.  Dolphins lost 34-3.  Tua had a horrible game.

3rd- 45 degrees in 2020 against Denver.  Dolphins lost 20-13.

Had a 58-degree game against the CHI this year.  Dolphins won 35-32.

What's that forecast again?

FWIW.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

He has played in 3.  

1st- 35 degrees in 2020 season in Buffalo.  Defense subbed 2nd string later in game.  56-26.  We all remember that beat down.

2nd- 43 degrees in last year's Titans game.  Dolphins lost 34-3.  Tua had a horrible game.

FWIW.

Mid 20's and Snow looks good 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I would love an uncharacteristic epic beatdown of the fins this Saturday. I only say uncharacteristic because it's been a minute since we had a bigtime blowout victory.  I think I resigned to us winning hard fought battles every week back a couple months ago, simply because our injuries were preventing it from happening, much more so than any other factors.  My how I would love one this weekend, and dare I say, it's more than possible. 

Obviously the weather and conditions Saturday night will have alot to say for how both teams perform.  I wonder just how much Beasley will see the field.  Seeing as though we've only signed him to the practice squad, we still have to activate him/sign him to the 53.  But that's a foregone conclusion right?  I HIGHLY doubt he doesn't get activated by game time.  Plus, can you imagine the reception he's gonna get, how pumped up the crowd is gonna be?  This is the kind of signing a team AND a city can get behind and really make some noise....I bet Highmark Stadium will be absolutely ROCKIN come Saturday night...

The Bills beat down and comfortably won against the Pats was it a major blowout? No but it was a comfortable 3 possession lead until a field goal late in what amounted to garbage time. The Bills are going to likely not have any "beat down" games the rest of the way as they play tough teams in Cincy, New England and Miami and even the one game against a team with a losing record in Chicago is an away game that could have bad weather which always makes a blowout harder. 

But I think these tighter games make for a championship mentality for this team. This season the Bills have had to overcome a lot and are still overcoming a lot. The more and more they get comfortable in tight "ugly" games the more they are prepared for the tight games that will be in the playoffs. That being said I would prefer more games like the New England game where the game is a 2-3 possession lead late as my heart can only take so much. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He has played in 3.  

FWIW.

Sounds like 55 degrees is the sweet spot for making Tua uncomfortable. 
Joking, I’m sure he played in cold games while in college and did well. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Sounds like 55 degrees is the sweet spot for making Tua uncomfortable. 
Joking, I’m sure he played in cold games while in college and did well. 

Yeah those famous snow games in the SEC.

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills beat down and comfortably won against the Pats was it a major blowout? No but it was a comfortable 3 possession lead until a field goal late in what amounted to garbage time. The Bills are going to likely not have any "beat down" games the rest of the way as they play tough teams in Cincy, New England and Miami and even the one game against a team with a losing record in Chicago is an away game that could have bad weather which always makes a blowout harder. 

But I think these tighter games make for a championship mentality for this team. This season the Bills have had to overcome a lot and are still overcoming a lot. The more and more they get comfortable in tight "ugly" games the more they are prepared for the tight games that will be in the playoffs. That being said I would prefer more games like the New England game where the game is a 2-3 possession lead late as my heart can only take so much. 

Excellent post, all of it.  And yes, the Pats game, while it wasn't a blowout, was IMO a very comfortable, enjoyment to watch double digit win.  

Do I love me some blowouts?  You better believe it.  It's a great feeling to see Allen and co drop 40 and 50 burgers on our opponents, solid play from all three phases of the game, and the starters sitting/standing comfortably on the sidelines laughing and joking with one another, while listening to the commentators expertly and adeptly cleaning, rinsing and powdering our players bottom's.  But yes, winning these close one's, tough one's, hard fought victories absolutely does wonders for this teams morale.  I believe it only strengthens their bond as brothers, and like you said, also serves as a great tool for when those times arise again where it's a one possession game, we just got the ball at our own 4 yard line, and have to go the full 96 and score a touchdown.  They already know they've been in this situation multiple times(this year alone), and are well-prepared to go get that W.  I don't mean to sound cocky, but in situations like this, I have zero doubt in my mind that we are going to drive down and win.  As a matter of fact, I'll be totally shocked/let down if we don't.  That's just how good this team has become in my eyes.  Everyone talks about Buffalo's record this year in one possession games vs last year's record. (2021, 0-5.  2022, 5-3). I think this stat is understated by a lot.  The fact that Buffalo didn't win a single one score game last year, and has won 5 this year I fully believe has done wonders for this team's confidence/psyche.  Combine that with the fact that we have gone through an absolute BRUTAL stretch of injuries to key guys which seems like it's every week, this team, IMHO, is truly built to WIN IT ALL.  There's no situation we haven't faced, no key player on our roster that hasn't dealt with either an injury or some type of adversity.  At one point in this season, we were dealing with so many injuries, I was seriously ready to concede the season, and say, "These injuries are just too much for any team to overcome.  We'll be better for it next year." But yet week in, week out, this team battles, HARD.  They refuse to let injuries be an excuse, so why the heck should I?  10-3, first place in the AFC East, and first place in the whole conference.  In the driver's seat for the entire road to the super bowl to go through Buffalo, New York.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

An interesting discussion I found on Dolphins reddit:

He Is dropping back on his opposite foot because of an ankle injury he suffered against the Texans. His timing is completely screwed because of it. You notice how much longer he takes now before he sets to throw? And how all his passes are now behind the receiver, he’s no longer doing his normal drop back so his timing is completely gone. It’s like he’s starting from scratch mid season.

They say his footwork has been trash, likely due to an ankle injury and he is trying to drop back like a righty, spraying the ball all over the yard.  Sounds promising.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, wjag said:

This is perfect..  Elevate Beasley for Miami, Cincy and New England.  Then you get to use him for the entire playoff run without roster impacts.

I'd probably leave McKenzie for the NE game and elevate him for the Bears...McKenzie's best games are against the Pats...9 for 96 this year, 11 for 125 last year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

He has played in 3.  

FWIW.

55 degrees at Sofi and needed heaters on the sideline Sunday night.  Lost 23-17

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Did your son start playing in, say, 2020?

Nope he started playing 5 years ago at age 10 so.. 2017.  Since then I still watch the NFL but it isn’t anywhere as important to me to watch as it was before.  I mean I miss most 1 PM games on Sunday till December lol

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nope he started playing 5 years ago at age 10 so.. 2017.  Since then I still watch the NFL but it isn’t anywhere as important to me to watch as it was before.  I mean I miss most 1 PM games on Sunday till December lol

so you can't watch the team that won and won big for years because, well, they just aren't that good anymore...

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It does get cold down here. Nothing like the Northeast, but games in the 30’s and 40’s do happen. Don’t forget Missouri and Kentucky are in the SEC. 

He never played a road game at either of those schools. I just looked up his college schedules and he never even approached a cold game. The coldest was a 2:00 game in Knoxville in 2018. I looked it up. It was in the low 60's and raining. That was the coldest game that Tua played before turning pro.

EDIT: I take that back. The Iron Bowl that year in Tuscaloosa was on 11/24 and it was in the mid 50's during the game.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He never played a road game at either of those schools. I just looked up his college schedules and he never even approached a cold game. The coldest was a 2:00 game in Knoxville in 2018. I looked it up. It was in the low 60's and raining. That was the coldest game that Tua played before turning pro.

EDIT: I take that back. The Iron Bowl that year in Tuscaloosa was on 11/24 and it was in the mid 50's during the game.

Frigid lol

Tyreek nursing a sore ankle, he'll rest it all week and they'll tape it up but there's little chance of it feeling good by halftime in a cold and snowy Buffalo.  Add in the return of Tre (since the last Miami game), Miami's brutal 3 week road trip and Tua's recent struggles and this game would have blowout all over it... if our receivers could go back to catching the ball and we could get a serviceable running game going. 

9 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Don't sleep on Micah....

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment

Would you capture it, or just let it slip?

Dunno what this has to do with the Miami game……but I’m with ya.  I think there’s more than a sliver of hope that he plays this year.  Not likely, but more than a 25% chance.  Hamlins has been an adequate backup but Hyde is superior

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Excellent post, all of it.  And yes, the Pats game, while it wasn't a blowout, was IMO a very comfortable, enjoyment to watch double digit win.  

Do I love me some blowouts?  You better believe it.  It's a great feeling to see Allen and co drop 40 and 50 burgers on our opponents, solid play from all three phases of the game, and the starters sitting/standing comfortably on the sidelines laughing and joking with one another, while listening to the commentators expertly and adeptly cleaning, rinsing and powdering our players bottom's.  But yes, winning these close one's, tough one's, hard fought victories absolutely does wonders for this teams morale.  I believe it only strengthens their bond as brothers, and like you said, also serves as a great tool for when those times arise again where it's a one possession game, we just got the ball at our own 4 yard line, and have to go the full 96 and score a touchdown.  They already know they've been in this situation multiple times(this year alone), and are well-prepared to go get that W.  I don't mean to sound cocky, but in situations like this, I have zero doubt in my mind that we are going to drive down and win.  As a matter of fact, I'll be totally shocked/let down if we don't.  That's just how good this team has become in my eyes.  Everyone talks about Buffalo's record this year in one possession games vs last year's record. (2021, 0-5.  2022, 5-3). I think this stat is understated by a lot.  The fact that Buffalo didn't win a single one score game last year, and has won 5 this year I fully believe has done wonders for this team's confidence/psyche.  Combine that with the fact that we have gone through an absolute BRUTAL stretch of injuries to key guys which seems like it's every week, this team, IMHO, is truly built to WIN IT ALL.  There's no situation we haven't faced, no key player on our roster that hasn't dealt with either an injury or some type of adversity.  At one point in this season, we were dealing with so many injuries, I was seriously ready to concede the season, and say, "These injuries are just too much for any team to overcome.  We'll be better for it next year." But yet week in, week out, this team battles, HARD.  They refuse to let injuries be an excuse, so why the heck should I?  10-3, first place in the AFC East, and first place in the whole conference.  In the driver's seat for the entire road to the super bowl to go through Buffalo, New York.

I can digg it Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Apple Music

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.