Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

He never played a road game at either of those schools. I just looked up his college schedules and he never even approached a cold game. The coldest was a 2:00 game in Knoxville in 2018. I looked it up. It was in the low 60's and raining. That was the coldest game that Tua played before turning pro.

EDIT: I take that back. The Iron Bowl that year in Tuscaloosa was on 11/24 and it was in the mid 50's during the game.

I knew Tua was from Hawaii and played for Alabama and I was going to look that up, but I had a luncheon to go to.

Thanks for doing it and moving the conversation forward.

My main point was not that Tua is incapable of winning a cold weather game (though he hasn't yet) it was in response to all these

comments about the Bills and Josh Allen not being able to compete in bad weather against the Dolphins.

Off Topic:  When I was a kid my 2 older friends always had to be Gilbert and Rick, so I became a Rene Robert fan when

playing pond hockey.  I always think of that when I see your screen name!

Go Bills!

Go Sabres!  Need the win against the Kings tonight.  0-0 as I type.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so you can't watch the team that won and won big for years because, well, they just aren't that good anymore...

Nope I still watch when I can.. I’m just not as wrapped up in it like I was before.. As in it’s more exciting watching someone I actually care about to succeed rather than a bunch of millionaires. Some day you may get that feeling… maybe not. :) 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

My man Carwell Gardner ejected- he was about to kick Cox ass!  Carwell regulated - no one wanted to mess with Gardner

I went to school with Carwell....when he played defense.  Got a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties and was tossed out of school for beating a kid with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner at a party.  A bad bad man.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It does get cold down here. Nothing like the Northeast, but games in the 30’s and 40’s do happen. Don’t forget Missouri and Kentucky are in the SEC. 

I actually looked it up because I was curious and know that it can get crisp in SEC country but it looks like the coldest game Tua played as starter at Bama was 46 degrees. Next coldest was 54. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It was mentioned several times today that the way to beat Tua is force him outside the numbers. Take away the middle and make him throw along the sidelines. He will fail miserably. 

first bills have to be able to take away the sidelines.   I don't remember Miami but both jets games they had good luck with side line passes

50 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I went to school with Carwell....when he played defense.  Got a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties and was tossed out of school for beating a kid with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner at a party.  A bad bad man.

One of those old school canister vacuums with the metal pipe? Or just the new hollow plastic? I need to know before I decide what I think about this. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

first bills have to be able to take away the sidelines.   I don't remember Miami but both jets games they had good luck with side line passes

Watch the video right above your post.

The middle of the field is where tua likes to live.  Push him outside the numbers and he gets frantic.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

I told my daughter she was not allowed to even like the animal dolphins. 

I remember the first time I ordered mahi-mahi at a restaurant as a child. When the waitress came to the table, and I found out that it was not real dolphin, but some thing that they referred to as dolphin fish, I was pissed. I REALLY hate dolphins.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Watch the video right above your post.

The middle of the field is where tua likes to live.  Push him outside the numbers and he gets frantic.

Not just that, but Tua throws to windows or spots. He doesn’t run through progressions to find the open man. Take away that designed window and he panics.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Not just that, but Tua throws to windows or spots. He doesn’t run through progressions to find the open man. Take away that designed window and he panics.

Yup.  Just need to get lucky and figure out who the hot read is every play of the game or press the hell out of them and keep everyone on the outside.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Yup.  Just need to get lucky and figure out who the hot read is every play of the game or press the hell out of them and keep everyone on the outside.

Not easy to do, but it’s not like Tua is playing great. That Shanahan system has Brock Purdy looking like an NFL starter. I think press man is the solution. 

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Ever since Alabama… on 5-7 step drops, if he stares to one side he will just turn his hips and throw it the opposite direction side without hesitation.

He doesn’t stare down receivers unless it’s a designed deep throw, and he will throw it the other way. Regardless, he just throws it. Yes to a window or opposite sideline 

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I remember the first time I ordered mahi-mahi at a restaurant as a child. When the waitress came to the table, and I found out that it was not real dolphin, but some thing that they referred to as dolphin fish, I was pissed. I REALLY hate dolphins.

Don't look at this... You'll hate them even more now! 😏 

LosersInTheSea.jpg.730fb2c76ae269226c241183d2d7ce4f.jpg

• Haha (+1) 5

Point is looks at half the field. After he stops on any 3-5 step drops, everyone shoot their hands up!! Pretty basic strategy since they are a rhythm throw team. Guaranteed a few tips and picks since they love those one side of the field quick slants and WR screens. If he pulls it back great. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Forwarded to my favorite meltdown.

image.png.93c4f42ba06a3840766edda1ba4e7864.png

Seriously, this guy is fun tho.

Ha.  His “Josh Allen is trash” gimmick needs to stop though.  

Dude is all over the place- Tua sucks, Tua is god, Tua sucks, Skylar Thompson is god, skylar Thompson sucks, Tua is god, Tua sucks. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Ha.  His “Josh Allen is trash” gimmick needs to stop though.  

Dude is all over the place- Tua sucks, Tua is god, Tua sucks, Skylar Thompson is god, skylar Thompson sucks, Tua is god, Tua sucks. 

He's close, he recognizes that what Tua is doing this year doesn't actually involve NFL QB skills, it's: hit the back foot, throw to the spot.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Something to watch vs Dolphins WRs, Tre White is not the Tre White we remember. Going to take time. Hopefully they give him help vs Miami.

Damn. He's looks awful on that play. I'm not bashing him. Just the reality of where's he's at coming off the injury. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.