Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

first bills have to be able to take away the sidelines.   I don't remember Miami but both jets games they had good luck with side line passes

Sidelines???? You did not do your homework, go back through this thread and read the scouting reports. Where do Tua and the Phish want to throw the ball?

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Something to watch vs Dolphins WRs, Tre White is not the Tre White we remember. Going to take time. Hopefully they give him help vs Miami.

Maybe Elijah Moore is having "bad luck" this year, because he cannot read that the other team is blitzing. He should try to help his QB. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nope I still watch when I can.. I’m just not as wrapped up in it like I was before.. As in it’s more exciting watching someone I actually care about to succeed rather than a bunch of millionaires. Some day you may get that feeling… maybe not. :) 

okay...

not...

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

One of those old school canister vacuums with the metal pipe? Or just the new hollow plastic? I need to know before I decide what I think about this. 

I wasn't there but it is my understanding that it was one of those metal pipes.  At a fraternity party.  He was asked to leave Kentucky, went to Louisville, switched to FB and the rest, as they say, is history.

This weather and wind will hurt both offenses but this absolutely has to be the worst nightmare for Miami and their finesse offense. They will not be comfortable in this.  And the Bills should have a decided advantage in knowing what works and what doesn't work having played in poor weather several times over the past few years here.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I told my daughter she was not allowed to even like the animal dolphins. 

In St Thomas the past summer my family and I paid for a pet the dolphins experience (and did we ever pay, not cheap!).  when the staff weren't looking i was tossing 6 pack wrappers in the water like confetti.  Fish/mammal whatever, i don't like em and i don't trust em!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This weather and wind will hurt both offenses but this absolutely has to be the worst nightmare for Miami and their finesse offense. They will not be comfortable in this.  And the Bills should have a decided advantage in knowing what works and what doesn't work having played in poor weather several times over the past few years here.

there are A LOT of crying B****** in that twitter thread lol. Who cares??? Both teams play in it!

Any advantage whatsoever is obviously slanted towards the Bills. We actually HAVE a run game, the dolphins literally do not. We can stop the run, the dolphins can not. We have a QB who is built for the elements, theirs is NOT. Our offense is adaptable and can win many ways, theirs is reliant on timing and speed which will not be helped by this weather. We have one of the best special teams units in the league, they have one of the worst. This has Bills ROLL all over it if it comes down to the elements. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao, it doesn’t have be your kid it could be a niece or nephew or even a very close cousin. Lol it’s just more exciting when ya have someone to cheer for.

I'm sure that's true - Even now, I get more stressed watching my 12-yr old son play in a tennis tournament vs watching a nail-biter Bills game - Blood is indeed thicker than water for sure!

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

there are A LOT of crying B****** in that twitter thread lol. Who cares??? Both teams play in it!

Any advantage whatsoever is obviously slanted towards the Bills. We actually HAVE a run game, the dolphins literally do not. We can stop the run, the dolphins can not. We have a QB who is built for the elements, theirs is NOT. Our offense is adaptable and can win many ways, theirs is reliant on timing and speed which will not be helped by this weather. We have one of the best special teams units in the league, they have one of the worst. This has Bills ROLL all over it if it comes down to the elements. 

The Dolphins literally may be more interested in getting the game over as fast as possible than trying to win it. Like so many other times they came here in December and laid an egg.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I guess..

We are used to the cold.  We are used to playing in some wind.  Even in some cold, wet, snowy conditions..

This is different, and it's not something we're used to.  

No excuses... we absolutely cannot lose this game after all the trash that was talked about the conditions in Miami... but I would much rather us just have frigid conditions with no wind/precip. 

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I guess..

We are used to the cold.  We are used to playing in some wind.  Even in some cold, wet, snowy conditions..

This is different, and it's not something we're used to.  

No excuses... we absolutely cannot lose this game after all the trash that was talked about the conditions in Miami... but I would much rather us just have frigid conditions with no wind/precip. 

As I said in another thread earlier in the week, the Bills usually are at a disadvantage when they play in these types of elements but playing the Dolphins in this weather is actually a rare advantage. 

The Dolphins are obviously in warm weather all year. If it's windy, their QB has a weak arm and will have trouble cutting through the elements particularly on down field passes. Tyreek Hill, who has a bum ankle, will have trouble on a slick surface even if he's at 70%. The Dolphins also lost their starting RB Jeff Wilson who I doubt plays and Raheem Mostert has been playing with a bulky knee that last 4 or 5 games as well.  Dolphins defense also struggles away from home in trying to stop anyone. Just look at the splits this year its a huge difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KHAN said:

It's not going to be that cold. The NWS has Saturday as a high of 34, and a low of 26. It should be around 30 degrees for the game. As for snow, I think we'll get a better idea by Friday.

my only concern is always the wind

• Like (+1) 2

Stopping Mia favorite concept- 

Get this to McD and Frazier. 

I'm kidding,  i already told em. they're on it.

In exchange McDermott gave me clapping tips and how to execute the perfect clap. He really is a master clapper.🤣

But that's some beautiful execution and preparation by The Chargers and especially in the elements on Sat night, I don't believe Tua has the arm strength to hit the out routes. Flood the middle all day

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

As I said in another thread earlier in the week, the Bills usually are at a disadvantage when they play in these types of elements but playing the Dolphins in this weather is actually a rare advantage. 

The Dolphins are obviously in warm weather all year. If it's windy, their QB has a weak arm and will have trouble cutting through the elements particularly on down field passes. Tyreek Hill, who has a bum ankle, will have trouble on a slick surface even if he's at 70%. The Dolphins also lost their starting RB Jeff Wilson who I doubt plays and Raheem Mostert has been playing with a bulky knee that last 4 or 5 games as well.  Dolphins defense also struggles away from home in trying to stop anyone. Just look at the splits this year its a huge difference. 

Someone posted earlier that the Bills are like 10-1 in games below a certain temperature threshold with McD.

If so, it seems like you are wrong about the bills being the team at the disadvantage. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Stopping Mia favorite concept- 

Get this to McD and Frazier. 

I'm kidding,  i already told em. they're on it.

In exchange McDermott gave me clapping tips and how to execute the perfect clap. He really is a master clapper.🤣

But that's some beautiful execution and preparation by The Chargers and especially in the elements on Sat night, I don't believe Tua has the arm strength to hit the out routes. Flood the middle all day

Good stuff. Let's not leave a single safety man up on waddle or Hill deep down the middle of the field. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Someone posted earlier that the Bills are like 10-1 in games below a certain temperature threshold with McD.

If so, it seems like you are wrong about the bills being the team at the disadvantage. 

People’s judgement is still clouded by the wind game it seems when considering inclement weather games.  We’re top 10 in rushing offense and top 5 in rushing defense,  we’ve got a very physical wr1 and a qb with a huge arm that can run like a fullback.  There aren’t too many teams that are better off in bad weather. 

we heard all week leading up to the Cleveland game that nick Chubb was gonna run all over us in the snow and he couldn’t even run all over us in a dome where the threat to throw was there lol 14 carries for 19 yards 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

and I understand. you haven't had much to cheer about since 2019. 

I have the Bruins, Celtics, and even the Red Sox to cheer for in Pro sports as well. Right now the Bruins are the most exciting and the Celtics are good as well. So up here usually at least 1 good Pro team, but still I prefer watching my son play football or my son and daughter play basketball. (Although I loath basketball almost as much as soccer lol)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

Sidelines???? You did not do your homework, go back through this thread and read the scouting reports. Where do Tua and the Phish want to throw the ball?

I get it, you're saying the fish do not like throw to the outside but instead like quick throws down the middle. what I'm saying is in order for it to work, to force them throwing to the sideline, you have to be able to stop it. from what I've seen bills are not very good at defending sideline passes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Agreed!   This game is huge!   Its the last of a tough stretch of games and could set us up for an awesome run into the playoffs.   With a win, we’re in the playoffs, have 99% chance of winning the Division (meaning 1 guaranteed home playoff game), amd retain the #1 overall seed for another week; all while beating the Dolphins!

This is a big game and I’m looking forward to a beat down while the fans are going wild!  

• Like (+1) 3

I think that the heavy investment in the Defensive Line is not only a key element of the McDermott Defensive theme (rotation) but also is a great strategy for these cold weather home games down the stretch.  The way the D-Line played against the jersey b team was very encouraging.  The strong line play in those elements played a part in the defensive stifling the opposition and I think we will see some of that again on Saturday.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think theres a disconnect with weather games. The thing is Josh doesnt play great but we usually win the games. So its annoying since we expect and want Josh to ball out. But end of the day a win is a win.

Last year the Falcons and Panthers games come to mind. We won both but didnt play great. Another is Baltimore earlier this year.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Agreed!   This game is huge!   Its the last of a tough stretch of games and could set us up for an awesome run into the playoffs.   With a win, we’re in the playoffs, have 99% chance of winning the Division (meaning 1 guaranteed home playoff game), amd retain the #1 overall seed for another week; all while beating the Dolphins!

This is a big game and I’m looking forward to a beat down while the fans are going wild!  

If the Bills beat Miami and win another game they not only clinch the division but the 3 seed is the lowest they can finish. Squish the Fish and see where things fall after that.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

Cincinnati will be as big or bigger.

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If the Bills beat Miami and win another game they not only clinch the division but the 3 seed is the lowest they can finish. Squish the Fish and see where things fall after that.

We need the bye and homefield. No more going to Arrowhead.

• Agree 1

A lot of talk about people hoping McFrasier takes note of what the Charges did to stop Miami. The Bills did a good job of it the first matchup. Had we had a healthy defense that week it would have been even better. Other teams actually take note of what we do on defense as well but nobody wants to credit our coaches for that. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

If I were McD I would have the team sleeping outside the stadium in preparation for this game

Josh can sleep in a hot dog cart because he's soo good

This is master Belicheat genius stuff

oMg hE's PrAcTiCiNg iN tHe CoLd!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.