Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The importance of those routes is they are usual timing routes that Tua is throwing into.  Those are his bread and butter.  

They need to get hands on the receivers at the line to screw up the timing but will ultimately play off of them.

Unfortunately that’s not how the Bills play their coverage. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I posted this in the Miami/LAC game thread, but has anyone noticed how Tua is on the sidelines during the game when the offense is off the field? 

He just sits there by himself and stares off into space. He never is talking to anyone or looking at the iPad or film, like it seems every other QB in the league does. It is very odd.

Tua and McD are the newest version of McVay and Goff. Tua doesn't need to study film or photos, because he's only ever going to do two things. That's throw the ball where McD tells him to throw it, or throw the ball to the spot on the field indicated in the playbook. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Browsed the Miami board and i’ve never seen a fanbase dreading a game more than this one. The weather, Tua nursing an ankle and playing poorly the last couple weeks, fans fear for his health since Buffalo demolishes QBs and Tua. Bills revenge, etcx

They are resigned to a beat down.  Hope it turns out that way but i’m sure Miami will show up and play for their lives…like the Jets did.

1 hour ago, Process said:

The Jets win vs us was legit. Makes sense they were more confident. Fish fans know their first win vs us was a fluke. They knew it when it happened but are now willing to admit it. We dominated them with our practice squad and it took a million unforced errors by us for them to win by 2 points. 

I took a jaunt over to fin heavens forum to get a pulse on where they are at with this one… wow was I blown away. Talk about a complete 180 in the span of 2 weeks. Those guys are just wrecked over there. 

… it’s magnificent 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

With the Pats win tonight, 8 of the 13 teams this Bills squad have played have been above .500 with games vs Fins, Bengals, and Pats remaining… Battle tested. 

If we can get through the rest of the season relatively healthy this squad is gonna be a hardened war machine. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Why can a team use heaters when the others don't but not use fans because the others choose not to do so? 

Because The League is screwed up.

In September in Miami @ HardRock... Staff was frantically moving portable sunshades on the Bills SideLines, trying to protect the players from heatstroke.  The Miami/home sideline is naturally more shaded and about 40° to 50° cooler.

I can't see how that's kosher with The League. You'll die faster in heat than in the cold. Not sure why The League looks the other way with a more serious player safety concern when dealing with heat.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, there is little chance that the Bills press. They are going to play it safe. 

It was mentioned several times today that the way to beat Tua is force him outside the numbers. Take away the middle and make him throw along the sidelines. He will fail miserably. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

Well then it’s time for Frazier to earn his paycheck and be ready to adapt!

I agree. The formula to stop Tua was seen by the Chargers D. Press coverage and be physical. I think the Bills secondary in better than the Chargers secondary too. With that said, I doubt the Bills will change their defensive scheme. I will say Elam was a pretty good press man guy in college. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because The League is screwed up.

In September in Miami @ HardRock... Staff was frantically moving portable sunshades on the Bills SideLines, trying to protect the players from heatstroke.  The Miami/home sideline is naturally more shaded and about 40° to 50° cooler.

I can't see how that's kosher with The League. You'll die faster in heat than in the cold. Not sure why The League looks the other way with a more serious player safety concern when dealing with heat.

Seeing as our stadium is so old, seems like a shortage of heat and hot water in the locker rooms wouldn't be unexpected.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It’s not true.  Bills can say no heaters.  It’s up to the home team 

The way I understand it is, if the home team has something, they must also provide for the visiting team.  But, the visiting team may bring their own equipment to use if they so desire:  https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/washington-cowboys-benches/fp2c9zeq3jzm1m7m5iqkl6dn2

Which means, the Bills could have brought and used their own canopies, mist fans, etc.  Maybe they didn't bring enough?  Or thought that Miami would supply them and were surprised when they didn't use theirs, meaning they didn't have to supply for the Bills?

I don't know the exact answer, but according to this article, a team seems to be allowed to have whatever they want on their sideline, if they pack their own:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/11/14/dolphins-hard-rock-sun-shade/

"The Vikings staff took numerous steps to help the players fight the heat, placing an emphasis on hydration and administering IV treatment, while installing air-conditioned benches and sun shades."

So, if the Vikings could bring their own, why couldn't the Bills?  Or, again, did the Bills just not prepare or bring enough?

Edited by BLeonard
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Some lake affected expected. It’s still just Tuesday. 6” is business as usual. fish brought heat to LA—but will they bring Squirrels ?https://twitter.com/aaronch7weather/status/1602257050289033221/photo/1

Can you explain what "lake affected" exactly means? Are the Dolphins in trouble due to some sort of lake affect? Or could the lake effect snow play a role? I'm confused.

Yes, I'm a grammatical douche, and have no problem with it. I've broken up with girls just because they can't make sense of the English language. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’d love to know the specifics of this.

What are they referencing? Alignments, footwork, zone awareness, hand combat, etc.

it is such an intricate position with many nuances and in very curious what Dane seems to be able to have picked up that Elam has now. 

My uneducated guess is that when Elam gets into games, he freestyles a bit too much to make up for some of his zone deficiencies. The staff can be patient with deficiencies but not with be willing to do your 1/11th assignments. I am totally guessing, but I agree that phrasing was odd. That was the best I could come up with. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Can you explain what "lake affected" exactly means? Are the Dolphins in trouble due to some sort of lake affect? Or could the lake effect snow play a role? I'm confused.

Yes, I'm a grammatical douche, and have no problem with it. I've broken up with girls just because they can't make sense of the English language. 

Based on this post I’d put the probability of you ever having multiple girlfriends to break up with at about the same percentage as Pegs reconsidering to a dome.  Quite frankly, you probably haven't had a PoA since your finger breached the toilet paper.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Based on this post I’d put the probability of you ever having multiple girlfriends to break up with at about the same percentage as Pegs reconsidering to a dome.  Quite frankly, you probably haven't had a PoA since your finger breached the toilet paper.  

Hahaha, I've seen more ass than a women's bathroom toilet seat son. Think what you want kiddo. 

I just looked back at who was out there for our secondary in week 3… Jaquan/Hamlin and Elam/Jamarcus Ingram. Dane and poyer were both out. Obviously no Tre. Benford I believe started the game but got hurt. Also no Ed Oliver. We did have both LBs. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just looked back at who was out there for our secondary in week 3… Jaquan/Hamlin and Elam/Jamarcus Ingram. Dane and poyer were both out. Obviously no Tre. Benford I believe started the game but got hurt. Also no Ed Oliver. We did have both LBs. 

I realize that you are talking about the D, but that game had no Morse and by the end we were playing the third string center. Knox, Bates and Brown were hooked up to IVs in the locker room by the start of the 4th.

4 hours ago, BLeonard said:

The way I understand it is, if the home team has something, they must also provide for the visiting team.  But, the visiting team may bring their own equipment to use if they so desire:  https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/washington-cowboys-benches/fp2c9zeq3jzm1m7m5iqkl6dn2

Which means, the Bills could have brought and used their own canopies, mist fans, etc.  Maybe they didn't bring enough?  Or thought that Miami would supply them and were surprised when they didn't use theirs, meaning they didn't have to supply for the Bills?

I don't know the exact answer, but according to this article, a team seems to be allowed to have whatever they want on their sideline, if they pack their own:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/11/14/dolphins-hard-rock-sun-shade/

"The Vikings staff took numerous steps to help the players fight the heat, placing an emphasis on hydration and administering IV treatment, while installing air-conditioned benches and sun shades."

So, if the Vikings could bring their own, why couldn't the Bills?  Or, again, did the Bills just not prepare or bring enough?

They did bring their own canopies in September! I saw with my own eyes!

But since 2017 HardRock has a semi roof. That roof protects the fans and the Miami home sideline.  Shouldn't the Dolphins build a dugout for their visitors! ??

I have been to HardRock many times,  pre-roof, post-roof... The Fins have something the other team doesn't!

They need to switch sidelines @ halftime if the Miami organization and League doesn't want to correct the situation the semi-roof creates @ HardRock Stadium, in Miami Florida during a 1pm Sunday game @ 26°N latitude... 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

7 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Seeing as our stadium is so old, seems like a shortage of heat and hot water in the locker rooms wouldn't be unexpected.

Perhaps too much heat would be better?  Make those thin blooded south Florida bodies have to deal with an 60 -79 degree temperature swing at the start the second half.  

Edited by faderphreak

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I realize that you are talking about the D, but that game had no Morse and by the end we were playing the third string center. Knox, Bates and Brown were hooked up to IVs in the locker room by the start of the 4th.

Oh for sure there so many roadblocks. I did forget about morse, always huge when he’s out. 

Anyone know if Miami flew back home after both West coast games?  Be rough to fly home Monday after the Sunday night game and then fly to Buffalo Friday for Saturday night's game, be even rougher if they did the West coast flight the week before too.

17 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think that McD's comments about technique are very telling. He's not doing the right things for the Bills scheme, and now that we have an option with Tre back he is sitting until he gets all that down. People are not going to like the answer, but I think that's it.

Very likely something along these lines, just normal football when your all pro CB is back and ready to play, it’s usually the up and coming rookie that gets relegated. 

GO BILLS!!!

47 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The icing on that injury-riddled cake...Tommy Doyle finishing out the game on his torn ACL simply because there was no one left to take snaps on the O line.  Warrior.

1364883545.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'll be less kind.  I think Tre White looked like pure crap yesterday and hasn't done a damn thing since he came back.

Don’t mince words with us Gugny, tell us what you really think…

😂

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

By early 4th quarter we were down 12 starters and featuring 3 WR sets of Reggie Gilliam, James Cook and Quintin Morris...and still moving the ball at will.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Who is Espinosa ?

It’s Epenada right? 

😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.