Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

With McDermott's comment, I wonder who starts this game at CB2?  Probably Jackson but maybe that comment left the door open for someone else?

I think it's more the media stopped letting him get away with him just suddenly not playing and he had to answer.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

In other words-  he ain’t ready to be a starter in our system yet.  

Bills require less individual talent to play well in their system but far more teamwork and trusting other people will be doing their job in the scheme to work as a unit.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Well it definitely doesn't sound like a disciplinary issue with Elam. Can't wrap my head around him not playing. 

I think that McD's comments about technique are very telling. He's not doing the right things for the Bills scheme, and now that we have an option with Tre back he is sitting until he gets all that down. People are not going to like the answer, but I think that's it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Well it definitely doesn't sound like a disciplinary issue with Elam. Can't wrap my head around him not playing. 

Hard to question a team that leads the NFL in pass defense over the past 5 years in regards to who plays and who doesn't.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills need to shut down the vertical in routes to middle of the field... that is where Tua likes going and that's how the Chargers/49ers defended against him. Make him throw the vertical out routes. Waddle and Hill want to get vertical, to the middle the Bills better be game planning to take that away.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The Bills need to shut down the vertical in routes to middle of the field... that is where Tua likes going and that's how the Chargers/49ers defended against him. Make him throw the vertical out routes. Waddle and Hill want to get vertical, to the middle the Bills better be game planning to take that away.

The importance of those routes is they are usual timing routes that Tua is throwing into.  Those are his bread and butter.  

They need to get hands on the receivers at the line to screw up the timing but will ultimately play off of them.

• Agree 1

SF and LA showed you can disrupt Tua by jamming at the LOS/playing a lot of press-man. Elam was best at press ocverage in college. Itll be interesting to see:

1) if we try to emulate SF and LA

2) if Elam is out there because of his skillset there. Or if he is still benched despite a gameplan geared towards his strengths.

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will question McDermott on some things but the development of CBs isn’t one of them. Trusting the process on this. 

Yea. Don't disagree. I just don't get drafting a guy that doesn't fit the scheme and would need development in the first round. We've had success with late round DBs, should have just stuck with that. Or drafted a guy that better fits McDermott's defense. 

A first round pick basically being inactive for two weeks is disappointing.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The importance of those routes is they are usual timing routes that Tua is throwing into.  Those are his bread and butter.  

They need to get hands on the receivers at the line to screw up the timing but will ultimately play off of them.

Yup and as soon as the CB throws off the timing, Tua is lost. I still think Tua is bad post snap at reading coverages and leverage. He throws the ball quick where McDaniel tells him too. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

In other words-  he ain’t ready to be a starter in our system yet.  

I read it as “he isn’t doing stuff the way we want”.

For all the talk on this board that Elam was playing well. His opposing QB passer rating isn’t very good. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I read it as “he isn’t doing stuff the way we want”.

For all the talk on this board that Elam was playing well. His opposing QB passer rating isn’t very good. 

Yeah, play zone.  

i guess getting RG the playbook on draft day didn’t help with his technique

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

On the subject of CB, the one that came to mind was Tre White, and I was curious as to what others thought.  I noticed him getting beat a lot yesterday, looked slower and did not look to be back to his previous version. Defense done a great job either way

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

On the subject of CB, the one that came to mind was Tre White, and I was curious as to what others thought.  I noticed him getting beat a lot yesterday, looked slower and did not look to be back to his previous version. Defense done a great job either way

I'll be less kind.  I think Tre White looked like pure crap yesterday and hasn't done a damn thing since he came back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

232 yards of Offense gives you about a 5% chance of winning a playoff game 

Not in those conditions and if the D played like they did yesterday. There’s more than one way to win a playoff game. Clean up the drops and we’re probably near 400 yards offense considering what could have happened if drives continued

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How will he manage his eyeglasses in a snowstorm? If he wears contacts, will he still look as smart and edgy as the media slurps him to be? Are those glasses even real?!

LOL, I have actually thought that.  I think he wears them to just "look smart", just like Penny did.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.