AFC East Will Be Not A Given

Ross Murdock

4 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

The Dolphins (And Tua) look good, the Bills will do good just to split. The Pats will plod along, and not be an easy win. The Jets are better, and if Wilson matures, will not be sure win. The Bills sweeping the east is over!  

Did that knee jerking jump up and Pop you In the mouth

The Dolphins (And Tua) look good, the Bills will do good just to split. The Pats will plod along, and not be an easy win. The Jets are better, and if Wilson matures, will not be sure win. The Bills sweeping the east is over!  

The Bills will do good just to split?  The Ravens had a ton of injuries.  You're acting like the Dolphins mauled the Chiefs or something.  Sorry, Miami had a good comeback against an injured team and beat a terrible Pats team.  Are they better then I thought they were?  Maybe.  Are they on par with Buffalo?  Hell no.  Only way they beat us next week is if we're still suffering from injuries.

The Bills sweeping the East is over?  Slow down there, sparky.  Remember, the Dolphins came back down 21...but that also means they let themselves get down 21.  Do you see the Bills of this season blowing a 21 point lead to them?  Pump the breaks a little.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I only watched the extended NFL.com highlights of the game. Waddle looks really good— much improved. I am less worried about Tua, but his receivers can make explosive plays for him.

Our young corners will be really challenged against Waddle and Hill. 

As long as we keep them in front of us, which is the norm, they'll have to depend on short passes w/ YAC. Tua should see much more pressure next week.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Can’t wait for Allen to get AFC OPOTW again the Dolphins AGAIN next week.

Tua better look out for Epenesa off the edge. From what I understand they had some sort of encounter last year.

Ironically, I dreamed after the Rams game that Epenesa was our 1st round draft pick last year that unexpectedly fell to us since Denver had the wrong info on him by mistake on their big board. Von Miller then decided to join the Bills after one season with Denver since he said he, along with Epenesa, would lead us to a SB win this year.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, julian said:

Impressive 2nd half on offense got the Dolphins, but the Ravens aren’t the measuring stick… we’ll see what Tua looks like next week when the defense doesn’t wilt, breakdown or allow passes over the top .

Exactly the people hitting the panic button apparently didn’t watch the game or even highlights.  it was a total defensive breakdown by the defensive backs. they were terrible and literally pointing fingers at each other and were confused.  I don’t see that happening with our safeties.

• Agree 1

They are all good teams. We are different; we are world beaters.  Nothing stopping us this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think a lot of people here have forgotten how good we looked against the Rams since everyone else has played twice since we last played.

I totally agree. Our defense is as solid and as savvy (both coaching and veterans) as any in the league. And we have one thing none of the other teams do. We have Josh!! Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

Watch Tua play. He’s not very mobile & puts up many 50/50 balls which can lead to turnovers and WRs getting blown up. The key to beating Miami however, will be how well our offense performs against their defense. Our defense is built to take out Tua who by all metrics is a poor man’s Mahomes. It’s lucky for us our coaches have the Baltimore game tape to prepare. I suspect they will bait Tua into many poor decisions and totally shut down their running game.

Josh has dog walked the Phins the last 7 meetings, hasn’t lost to the jets since 2019, and the only thing that prevented us from sweeping the pats once again last year was Mother Nature. They may have gotten better but it won’t be enough- we did work this off-season too and I fear nobody in this division. Scorched earth baby: burn it all.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm glad the Phins beat Baltimore.  I think the Phins will fade over the course of the season but the Ravens will be in the hunt at the end.  This Raven loss may help with the Bills getting the #1 seed.  Now the Bills need to take care of their business and continue to stack wins starting with beating the Titans tomorrow night.

I'm with ya. I was worried about the Ravens until their defense forgot the game wasn't over. Hill blazing past the corner with no top-safety cover was jaw dropping. Had to ba a safety mistake. But as you say, not terribly worried about the phins as alot of Tua's long passes were still underthrown. 

Keeps the playing field leveled. 

I don't find it surprising at all that the Fins look like the second best in the division, in fact I thought that was pretty much everybody's opinion leading up to this year. So of course they'll have some success, may even squeak into the playoffs. Their win today was legitimately impressive and Tua had an even more impressive stat line but I think some are already forgetting how good our defense looked Week 1. Tua isn't putting up 40 against that defense. I'd put money on him getting wrecked before being successful twice.

The Pats and Jets talk is pretty laughable at this point despite the Ws today. They're not in the same tier as the Dolphins even, let alone the Bills. I'm well past thinking Belicheat is some wizard that can turn Mac Jones and that dismal roster into a legitimate playoff team this year. A 3 point win over an also mediocre Steelers team isn't changing that for me.

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

When was the last time the Dolphins beat the Bills?

Josh's rookie year in their first meeting when Charles Clay dropped a 4th down throw in the endzone after Allen scrambled around and threw it to him from around the Dolphin 40...he was all alone wide open in the enzone.

https://youtu.be/Bu6xDjsMnUM

He then absolutely went off in the second meeting and took over the game in the 2nd half...it was the last game of the year.

Edited by Big Turk

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Josh's rookie year in their first meeting when Charles Clay dropped a 4th down throw in the endzone after Allen scrambled around and threw it to him from around the Dolphin 40...he was all alone wide open in the enzone.

https://youtu.be/Bu6xDjsMnUM

He then absolutely went off in the second meeting and took over the game in the 2nd half...it was the last game of the year.

Wow. A question was answered honestly and accurately with specifics and video. straight forward and to the point. It was probably a retorical question and most people would have just made a joke....including me.

Well done!

6 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

No, I started a compelling thread based on today's action, and noted that the Bills cake walking through the AFC East days are less likely. Very sensible. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Your opinion that Miami is not good is based on nothing but your desires for that to be reality, and based on nothing else. So far based on actual performance, the Dolphins look pretty good. Sorry. Go Bills!       

Based on actual performance they had one great quarter of football and 7 mediocre to bad quarters of football.

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've felt all along that this division was going to be brutal this year and so far my fears are realized.

Dolphins are indeed THE TRUTH this year and we'll be fortunate to split with them. Tua continues to play like this and I think they win the division easily.

Patriots also rebounded nicely and on the right track despite losing in Miami last week which has been the norm for them anyway down there going back to the Brady years.

Jets even look like they are going to be a grimy team this year. Probably still at least a year away from seriously contending for division and playoffs but they are probably going to win a few games they shouldn't.

If the Bills manage to go even 3-3 in division play this year it's going to be quite the accomplishment.

Yeah you said that the last 2 seasons too.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.