AFC East Will Be Not A Given

Ross Murdock

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You literally started a pollyannish thread.  And, nothing you stated is obvious.  Transitive property does not work in the NFL.  Just because the other AFC East teams won today doesn't have any affect on the Bills chances of beating them all.

No, I started a compelling thread based on today's action, and noted that the Bills cake walking through the AFC East days are less likely. Very sensible. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Your opinion that Miami is not good is based on nothing but your desires for that to be reality, and based on nothing else. So far based on actual performance, the Dolphins look pretty good. Sorry. Go Bills!       

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

the faux bills fans who say things like "I don't think Allen has ever had as good of game as Tua had"

11 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

To some fans, Allen will never measure up to Tua because he most likely won't have a 6 passing TD game.

Who are these imaginary people you guys are raging against? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Why? Just because you want them to be "Not that good" That and $3 gets a small coffee at Tim Horton's. And not a compelling argument. The Dolphins were already improved last year, had a great draft, and free agency signings. I've been a Bills fans since 1970, but I'm mature enough to take a realistic look at the competition. You on the other hand seem to rely on wearing your lucky Bills shirt.  

Because they havent proven to be "that good" for you to be making posts like this. If the Bills had a game like this you'd be like, "they had no business winning that game down 21 at one point" or "this is not a complete team, that defense was bad".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

No, I started a compelling thread based on today's action, and noted that the Bills cake walking through the AFC East days are less likely. Very sensible. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Your opinion that Miami is not good is based on nothing but your desires for that to be reality, and based on nothing else. So far based on actual performance, the Dolphins look pretty good. Sorry. Go Bills!       

I accept your apology for hurting my feelings.  I had a good cry and that helped, but your apology really made me feel better.

Also, I like that you rated your own thread "compelling".  You rock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Process said:

Come on man. We've both been around here long enough for you to know I wasn't being serious. 

This thread is a joke. 

Gonna be a long 24 hours on here before we stomp the Titans tomorrow.

I’ve been here long enough to know I can make a couple bucks off of people getting drunk and talking smack.  Didn’t know if you were drunk or not 😉😵💫😵😘

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

Ehh...based on one half of football watched by casual fans maybe. If you watched both games and understand what is going on there on a deeper level it wasn't that impressive.

Blown coverages all half and the worst DB play of the season is not going to happen every week.

Outside of that the Fins have not looked great.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm glad the Phins beat Baltimore.  I think the Phins will fade over the course of the season but the Ravens will be in the hunt at the end.  This Raven loss may help with the Bills getting the #1 seed.  Now the Bills need to take care of their business and continue to stack wins starting with beating the Titans tomorrow night.

Since we have 2 games against the phins and one against Baltimore this is the result we wanted. We control our destiny this way. The book is still being written on Tua, but I’m not worried. He is undersized not terribly athletic. If he’s competent well good for the phins, but with his size and arm his absolute ceiling is competent. Hill is generationally good, but his career will be short in comparison to Allen and what we will be doing for 10 or 20 years. 0 worries here.

jets are the jets. Nuff said.

38 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

The Dolphins (And Tua) look good, the Bills will do good just to split. The Pats will plod along, and not be an easy win. The Jets are better, and if Wilson matures, will not be sure win. The Bills sweeping the east is over!  

I'm glad they all looked competent.  The Bills will sweep the AFCE and I prefer the Fins, Jets, Pats to at least look capable.   Beating scrubs is no way to stay sharp to win the SB.  

I

• Thank you (+1) 1

No season is a "given" unless you are a cheater and/or the league loads the dice for you.  The Bills will probably lose at least 1 game they shouldn't and could lose as many as 6 games.  The Bills must be ready to face every team throwing the kitchen sink at them each game.

Now that I have got that out of the way, I am glad that I don't just hope that the Bills might win each game -- I EXPECT that the Bills WILL win each game, regardless of the opponent or location.  I will get ticked off about every loss, but I am focusing on enjoying myself like I did in other seasons when I knew the Bills had a good team and dreamt about an eventual Super Bowl victory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

There are literally multiple people in there suggesting that Josh Allen is not as good as Tua? :blink:

Yup. I am sure theres more, the trolls are out in force.

39 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Not sure Allen has ever had a day like that...

51 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I’m sure Mahomes has had these games, but Tua my goodness. Haven’t seen a performance like this in recent memory.

And Dolphins didn’t Bills the game away either!

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

No season is a "given" unless you are a cheater and/or the league loads the dice for you.  The Bills will probably lose at least 1 game they shouldn't and could lose as many as 6 games.  The Bills must be ready to face every team throwing the kitchen sink at them each game.

Now that I have got that out of the way, I am glad that I don't just hope that the Bills might win each game -- I EXPECT that the Bills WILL win each game, regardless of the opponent or location.  I will get ticked off about every loss, but I am focusing on enjoying myself like I did in other seasons when I knew the Bills had a good team and dreamt about an eventual Super Bowl victory.

👍🏻 marvin

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Miami has played 6 meh to bad quarters and 2 good quarters (1 very good quarter today).  They are 2-0, can't take that away from them, and very few on here think the AFCE is going to be a cakewalk, but none of the teams in the division have shown they are taking away the division from Buffalo.  The AFCE still goes through Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Process said:

I pray we split with the Dolphins

But two losses more likely 😔

Yep, don't forget losses to Tennessee, Baltimore, Green Bay, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Miami x2, Kansas City, Cleveland, New York x1, Pittsburgh.  Who are you mocking to the Bills in round 1?  

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

Who are these imaginary people you guys are raging against? :lol:

Sounds like Gene1973 is the target

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Motor26 said:

Josh is 7-1 in his career vs. Miami, with the only loss being the Charles Clay Hail Mary he dropped his rookie year. Josh has won like 3 player of the weeks vs. the Dolphins. Until they prove they can beat him they don’t worry me at all. 

Not even the littlest bit

• Like (+1) 1

I've felt all along that this division was going to be brutal this year and so far my fears are realized.

Dolphins are indeed THE TRUTH this year and we'll be fortunate to split with them. Tua continues to play like this and I think they win the division easily.

Patriots also rebounded nicely and on the right track despite losing in Miami last week which has been the norm for them anyway down there going back to the Brady years.

Jets even look like they are going to be a grimy team this year. Probably still at least a year away from seriously contending for division and playoffs but they are probably going to win a few games they shouldn't.

If the Bills manage to go even 3-3 in division play this year it's going to be quite the accomplishment.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've felt all along that this division was going to be brutal this year and so far my fears are realized.

Dolphins are indeed THE TRUTH this year and we'll be fortunate to split with them. Tua continues to play like this and I think they win the division easily.

Patriots also rebounded nicely and on the right track despite losing in Miami last week which has been the norm for them anyway down there going back to the Brady years.

Jets even look like they are going to be a grimy team this year. Probably still at least a year away from seriously contending for division and playoffs but they are probably going to win a few games they shouldn't.

If the Bills manage to go even 3-3 in division play this year it's going to be quite the accomplishment.

lmao right on cue with the preemptive told you so.

Literally claiming beating a Brisset led Browns, and a Trubisky led Steelers without their best defensive player means the Bills will not just be hard pressed to break even in the AFC. If the Bills played those two teams you would be arguing about the poor QB adversaries so they don't count.

Dolphins was the only impressive win and they were down 21 at one point. The ravens played to lose.

Edited by What a Tuel

8 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Josh is 7-1 in his career vs. Miami, with the only loss being the Charles Clay Hail Mary he dropped his rookie year. Josh has won like 3 player of the weeks vs. the Dolphins. Until they prove they can beat him they don’t worry me at all. 

Allen's dominance over Miami thus far is a great statistic but those were far different teams that what Miami is fielding this year.

Bills will need to be ready because Miami is definitely going to give them their best shot next week in attempt to seize control of division and send a message to rest of the league.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Allen's dominance over Miami thus far is a great statistic but those were far different teams that what Miami is fielding this year.

Bills will need to be ready because Miami is definitely going to give them their best shot next week in attempt to seize control of division and send a message to rest of the league.

We can only hope the Bills will actually cover Tyreek Hill when up 21 points and not give free plays over the top. Sheesh.

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

What did Buffalo show in their first game that shows they have regressed so much? Miami needed an absolutely crazy comeback in the 4th just to barely win today and did not look impressive last week-not really a recipe for easily winning divisions 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.