AFC East Will Be Not A Given

Ross Murdock

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

What did Buffalo show in their first game that shows they have regressed so much? Miami needed an absolutely crazy comeback in the 4th just to barely win today and did not look impressive last week-not really a recipe for easily winning divisions 

Not saying the Bills regressed, but turning the ball over like they did is not sustainable and hopefully once a fluke.

My point is how much better the dolphins are this year and why I thought even heading into the season they might be the division favorite despite all the national media love and hype our way.

You look at Miami's roster top to bottom and it's loaded. With Tua taking a massive step that's all they needed to be a real SB contender and they just beat another on the road despite trailing 3 scores in 2nd half that's big time stuff no matter which way you spin it.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Ross Murdock said:

The Dolphins (And Tua) look good, the Bills will do good just to split. The Pats will plod along, and not be an easy win. The Jets are better, and if Wilson matures, will not be sure win. The Bills sweeping the east is over!  

While I think the Dolphins will be much more competitive and could challenge Buffalo, no I do not think ‘it’s over.’

Competition is a good thing, by the way. 

11 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not saying the Bills regressed, but turning the ball over like they did is not sustainable and hopefully once a fluke.

My point is how much better the dolphins are this year and why I thought even heading into the season they might be the division favorite despite all the national media love and hype our way.

You look at Miami's roster top to bottom and it's loaded. With Tua taking a massive step that's all they needed to be a real SB contender and they just beat another on the road despite trailing 3 scores in 2nd half that's big time stuff no matter which way you spin it.

I watched Tua play four quarters last week and he for sure hadn’t taken a massive step then. 

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

There’s no spin in my comment-you are ignoring the 3 terrible quarters they played and focused on the great one. Yes they won the game and yes they had a great 4th quarter, but you’re not going to win a lot of games by playing only one good quarter. 

Just now, Freak-O said:

I watched Tua play four quarters last week and he for sure hadn’t taken a massive step then. 

That has more to do with the Patriots also being a pretty damn good team.

And for all the hype today about the fish, the Pats quietly went into Pittsburgh and won behind a similar formula with great defense and Mac Jones doing his thing.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

And for all the hype today about the fish, the Pats quietly went into Pittsburgh and won behind a similar formula with great defense and Mac Jones doing his thing.

Doing his thing? The Pats are a good team? It kind of helps when you are facing one of the only other teams in the NFL as limited as you are, and the opponent is also missing the defensive POY

17 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think you only watched the last 2 quarters of the game and didn't watch the first 2 quarters or watched the game last week. 

The bills have a better defense than the pats. If the bills do half as good as the pats defense did in week 1, they will contain miami's offense just fine. You are saying miami is greatly improved based on 2 quarters of football.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Based on what exactly? Every team Miami faces is all of a sudden off the chain? The Pats go in to Pittsburgh and face an offense every bit as inept as theirs, and without TJ Watt? You're smelling more and more like fish every week

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

Doing his thing? The Pats are a good team? It kind of helps when you are facing one of the only other teams in the NFL as limited as you are, and the opponent is also missing the defensive POY

Yes I think the Pats are also contender but probably a WC team again at best this year given the Bills and Dolphins respective status.

Bottom line is it's still so early right now and so much can and will happen in this league.

But it's not a stretch to say that the AFCE might be the best division in the NFL and not the AFCW as some thought.

I’m even more convinced the bills are a terrible matchup for Miami after todays game….that Miami defense is not what it used to be and tua just will not take risks against decent zone coverage so he won’t beat josh in a shootout.  He’ll only take a shot when receivers are ‘college open’. Most of his yardage today came from completely busted coverage

if our defensive line is as good as it looked week 1 Miami will be even less of a problem than last year

theyre a better team than last year overall I’d say but they play perfectly into the bills strengths…they struggle against dual threat qbs and tua is not very strong going through his progressions. we are disciplined in the secondary and excel at disguising our zone coverages 

baltimore could give us trouble when they get healthier so today was the best result 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Mac "doing his thing?"  Does that include a terrible pick early in the game, a TD that should have been a pick, and an easy, almost incomprehensible late pick that should have been caught easily, but was dropped, and led to the Pats winning score because a return man fumbled?

If that's Mac's "thing," man are the Pats going to be an easy out, for years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I have seen both the Patriot’s games so far and nothing of what I’ve seen points to them being “a pretty damn good team”. Obviously your bar is set very low when it comes to football quality. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m even more convinced the bills are a terrible matchup for Miami after todays game….that Miami defense is not what it used to be and tua just will not take risks against decent zone coverage so he won’t beat josh in a shootout.  Most of his yardage today came from completely busted coverage

That's what a superstar like Hill does and he did it to the bills many times the last few years including games when White was in the lineup.

It's pretty sad that fans want to downplay a contender like the Ravens just because a hated division rival lit them up.

Maybe the Bills win easily next week and all this dolphin hype goes up in flames but really don't think that's going to be the case, at least in terms of an easy win. If anything going to go down to the wire with last team touching the football getting the win.

1 hour ago, Ross Murdock said:

The Dolphins (And Tua) look good, the Bills will do good just to split. The Pats will plod along, and not be an easy win. The Jets are better, and if Wilson matures, will not be sure win. The Bills sweeping the east is over!  

The have easier schedule, if they can stay healthy it will not be easy

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The have easier schedule, if they can stay healthy it will not be easy

They have to play the Super Bowl favorites twice and we don’t have to play ourselves so idk how much easier their schedule can be. Also lac looked just as good as kc Thursday night so it’s not like they’re getting a layup there either 

double also lol…we negated their easier nfc west matchup by beating the rams week 1…so I’d argue they have a harder schedule going forward 

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

That's what a superstar like Hill does and he did it to the bills many times the last few years including games when White was in the lineup.

It's pretty sad that fans want to downplay a contender like the Ravens just because a hated division rival lit them up.

Maybe the Bills win easily next week and all this dolphin hype goes up in flames but really don't think that's going to be the case, at least in terms of an easy win. If anything going to go down to the wire with last team touching the football getting the win.

Some Bills fans believe you win titles by the amount of good things pundits say about them.  The fact is the Dolphins always have had a good defence and now have elite play makers on offensive side. The good news is our defence is much better

Impressive comeback from the Phins.  They COULD be formidable - but who knows.  They did get down by 3+ scores.

Mac Jones is a fraud.  I hope he plays just well enough for the Pats to reluctantly stay w/ him for a decade.

Jets will be good under Saleh. I think he's a good coach.  Have to see how they look w/ Wilson.

The Bills would have to really blow it to not win the division, at least in 2022.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Miami has a lot of winnable games in the coming weeks regardless of what happens against the Bills which is another factor to consider in terms of the division title race.

We need to win in Miami or we could find ourselves chasing them all season

Just now, Success said:

Impressive comeback from the Phins.  They COULD be formidable - but who knows.  They did get down by 3+ scores.

Mac Jones is a fraud.  I hope he plays just well enough for the Pats to reluctantly stay w/ him for a decade.

Jets will be good under Saleh. I think he's a good coach.  Have to see how they look w/ Wilson.

The Bills would have to really blow it to not win the division, at least in 2022.

I agree with you on Mac Jones,  he got away with a lot of passes today that should have been intercepted.  You cannot beat good team with average QB

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Some Bills fans believe you win titles by the amount of good things pundits say about them.  The fact is the Dolphins always have had a good defence and now have elite play makers on offensive side. The good news is our defence is much better

Their defense looked horrible today and has historically played poorly against buffalo.  Their linebackers are not disciplined enough to account for qbs that can run the football.   We can talk Miami up as much as we want to but they still objectively don’t match up well against us  

we really have to see at least one game where the bills don’t look very good before people start crowning Miami and even that id say would be an overreaction.  We smoked a Super Bowl caliber team and they beat an injury riddled ravens team by 3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

We need to win in Miami or we could find ourselves chasing them all season

Exactly, and heaven forbid the Bills don't win tomorrow night or things could go off the rails quickly with another loss there next week.

I really hate looking at schedules so early in the season but outside of the 2 games against the bills I see at least 12 wins for the fish this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Exactly, and heaven forbid the Bills don't win tomorrow night or things could go off the rails quickly with another loss there next week.

I really hate looking at schedules so early in the season but outside of the 2 games against the bills I see at least 12 wins for the fish this year.

I’m genuinely confused by the overreaction here…why are we weighting Miami vs a decimated ravens secondary so heavily over how Miami looked against the NE defense week 1?  

did people not watch the game today?  The ravens defense was dreadful all game and Miami couldn’t really capitalize until even more ravens dbs got injured 

we were getting close to the announcer sending fans onto the field to play corner for baltimore lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, buffblue said:

First this is the Bills division to lose. That said, the Pats O isn’t very good, but the Defense looks good so far. Only 2 TDs against 2 teams, one of which has a ton of weapons on it.  The Pats could beat the Ravens since they don’t have a real QB, and the Packers since they don’t have a good D or a WR.  Oh and the O sucks because we have Dumb and Dumber running it!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

First this is the Bills division to lose. That said, the Pats O isn’t very good, but the Defense looks good so far. Only 2 TDs against 2 teams, one of which has a ton of weapons on it.  The Pats could beat the Ravens since they don’t have a real QB, and the Packers since they don’t have a good D or a WR.  Oh and the O sucks because we have Dumb and Dumber running it!

Pats would’ve murdered the ravens today…i don’t think any of these people high on the dolphins really watched the game.

I don’t think I’ve seen a belichick coached defense blow that many coverages in a season let alone a game 

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm glad the Phins beat Baltimore.  I think the Phins will fade over the course of the season but the Ravens will be in the hunt at the end.  This Raven loss may help with the Bills getting the #1 seed.  Now the Bills need to take care of their business and continue to stack wins starting with beating the Titans tomorrow night.

They both suck, that is why the game is what it was. Nothing to see if both teams suck.

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

They both suck, that is why the game is what it was. Nothing to see if both teams suck.

The Ravens are hyped up every year! I keep hearing how great a QB Jackson is but if you stop him running he is a below average passer STILL! Jackson beats you with his legs.  That said the Ravens D got shredded this week.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Their defense looked horrible today and has historically played poorly against buffalo.  Their linebackers are not disciplined enough to account for qbs that can run the football.   We can talk Miami up as much as we want to but they still objectively don’t match up well against us  

we really have to see at least one game where the bills don’t look very good before people start crowning Miami and even that id say would be an overreaction.  We smoked a Super Bowl caliber team and they beat an injury riddled ravens team by 3

Tua arm is weak as it gets, against the Bills there would have been 3 interceptions at least. Ball takes a quarter to get to the receivers.

“Will do good just to split” he says, as if the Bills are the inferior team.

This is pretty lazy trolling, step it up please.

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Insightful

I mean when people are actually claiming that the Fins will win the division “easily” like Filthybeast does it really deserve much more than an lol? 

Again, “win the division easily”. Incredibly hard to take stuff like that seriously.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Success said:

He is trash,  if Watt played today they would have lost.  Today he should have had at  least 3 interceptions

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He is trash,  if Watt played today they would have lost.  Today he should have had at  least 3 interceptions

Sigh.. he isn’t trash. He has taken a step back because he doesn’t have competent O coaches.. doesn’t help our rookie WR is out (he was the only thinG on O looked good in preseason)

Worried more about Tennessee tomorrow than what NE and Miami accomplished today.

Tannehill is better than Mac and Tua right now, but that's not saying much. Both of their defenses have looked bad to not great the last 2 weeks. Do you really think JA and Co. are going to have problems moving the ball on either team? 

Honestly, I'll enjoy all the pundits pumping up Miami if they meet next both 2-0. It'll make their crashing down to earth so much more satisfying knowing they played their best with all their improvements and realize they are still not in the same league as the Bills.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Miami next week will be tough. But the Bills are going to stomp the Titans. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Break the pumps mate...its Week 2...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.