Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I will wait for the full story before I react or form some sort of judgement.  Clearly, if he is guilty of this, he is done and should be done and face criminal charges. 

But as bad as it looks on the preliminary story, there is still the fact it didn't come out sooner, the Bills may have had prior knowledge and did their own research, and there is not yet a criminal charge...so let's see how this plays out before we decide the outcome.  

I mean the school not cooperating and trying to hide it might have something to do with that….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I will wait for the full story before I react or form some sort of judgement.  Clearly, if he is guilty of this, he is done and should be done and face criminal charges. 

But as bad as it looks on the preliminary story, there is still the fact it didn't come out sooner, the Bills may have had prior knowledge and did their own research, and there is not yet a criminal charge...so let's see how this plays out before we decide the outcome.  

Well, in terms of public perception, 27 pages in two hours should give you an indication...

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

The article says the two other named suspects have attorney's.

Araiza must also have one. At least you would think so.

How could the Bills not know about this?

They do.

They did.

And they did their own investigation.

And he's still on the team despite having a competent alternative.

They get the benefit of the doubt right now from me because I have no doubt they'd cut him if they felt he did something wrong.   

Something happened with the girl no doubt.  But there seems to be a lot more to this - that as of right now and I don't know maybe in an hour they cut him - but as of right now this organization owned and ran by a female in deciding what do with a punter who while potentially awesome is still a freaking punter that we can replace and forget he ever existed......he's still on the team.  That tells me we probably need to let this play out.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I mean the school not cooperating and trying to hide it might have something to do with that….

Being from the other side of the pond, I don’t know how the college would have the power to limit and restrict a police investigation? The police themselves being corrupt and protecting famous (local) athletes I can understand, but the college being able to hold things back?

Just now, Turbo44 said:

wonder what warhow (spelling) will say?

He'll say whatever it takes to get his Pulitzer prize. Just the other day he was trying cause a scandal based on lack of female artists playing on the speaker during practice. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, stevewin said:

If for some reason he is not released right away, while this plays out at a minimum it has got to result in some real awkwardness in the locker room - and also possible distraction.  Players and coaches being asked at PCs about the accused rapist punter....  geez

If he isn’t released I think the Bills try and keep themselves away from punting and have Keenum/Barkley holding. 

He should be released. None of this is worth it. I think he should be charged with a crime. Even if innocent it’s not worth it to have him on a roster that’s trying to go to the super bowl. 

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They do.

They did.

And they did their own investigation.

And he's still on the team despite having a competent alternative.

They get the benefit of the doubt right from me because I have no doubt they'd cut him if they felt he did something wrong.   

Something happened with the girl no doubt.  But there seems to be a lot more to this - that as of right now and I don't know maybe in an hour they cut him - but as of right now this organization owned and ran by a female in deciding what do with a punter who while potentially awesome is still a freaking punter that we can replace and forget he ever existed......he's still on the team.  That tells me we probably need to let this play out.

Why do you assume the Bills knew before cutting Haack?

29 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It willtellsomeofthestory. You can have sex with someone and not rape them. There will be a lot of pieces to this puzzle that tell the stor.

He is 21, she was 17. That is a problem and a crime.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Jesus, WTF are you getting at?  IF the allegation is true, would it somehow make it better if it's common?

You’re the 2nd person to comment about this general statement. I was responding to a statement about how Araiza brought her to his friends for their turn. It’s common behavior. It’s sickening and gets covered up everyday.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Vomit 1

From Schefter....

Bills’ rookie punter Matt Araiza has been accused along with two others of gang raping a 17-year-old girl last year in a civil lawsuit filed on Thursday. The lawsuit involves allegations against three current and former San Diego State football players, including Araiza -- who starred for the Aztecs last season. The other men named in the complaint are Zavier Leonard, a redshirt freshman at San Diego State, and Nowlin Ewaliko, who was a freshman last season but is no longer on the listed roster. The lawsuit accuses Araiza, 22, of having sex with the then-high school senior outside at an off-campus party before brining her inside a room where she was repeatedly raped, according to The Los Angeles Times. The lawsuit states that the minor went in and out of consciousness but remembers moments as the men took turns assaulting her, according to the Times.

42 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

A bunch will be cut next week.

I think league rules mandate we dress a punter. We will have him tomorrow. He likely won’t hold. And the Bills will go for it on 4th whenever possible. Then they’ll sign the best of the cuts from camp. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’re the 2nd person to comment about this general statement. I was responding to a statement about how Araiza brought to his friends for their turn. It’s common behavior. It’s sickening and gets covered up everyday.

Maybe I had a different high school, and college experience. I don't remember any gang rapes at any of the parties I went to.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Why do you assume the Bills knew before cutting Haack?

Because they issued a statement saying "we recently learned......we did our own investigation and as of the nature of this situation are not issuing any comment."

Don't you think if they just learned about this they'd currently ..... be saying nothing about their own investigation?  .

Plus, this was REPORTED in late July.  This wasn't asked of Araiza since?  

No one thought hey, we may need to ask Matt if he was aware of this?

If the kid is guilty his life is essentially over. 
I would just let this case play out his attorney is denying all these charges.

Its so easy to play judge jury and executioner

I just realize Brian Banks was convicted by a jury and sent to federal prison and the only way he cleared his name was to run his own sting operation…but still his career was essentially over. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did she tell him she was 17? She could have said she was older

But can he/does he have proof that she lied about her age?? Without that proof especially these days your dead in the water. Even if he pleads guilty to statutory rape I don’t see how Buffalo could keep him. This is a distraction we don’t need 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

The article says, she got on her knees and performed oral on him, how would she have been passed out? 

It says that act happened outside and she was then brought inside to a room everything else happened and she claims she lost consciousness.