Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Sounds like the Bills knew about this already…possibly before they cut Haack.  So there’s a possibility they investigated it already and still kept Araizia on the team.  Beane and McDermott aren’t the type that will takes these kind of chances so maybe there’s more to the story.  We don’t know yet 

All potential draft picks are investigated by both league and team private investigators during the draft process. I’m confident the Bills did their due diligence given the information available at the time. My concern is that information was less than candid and reliable. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

how were they supposed to know?  Do some Clockwork Orange s*** to him until he confesses his sins?

Agree to an extent though people talk and this was doing the rounds in San Diego; did it not get back to the Bills? OK, fair enough, let’s say it didn’t. Did the report published on 30th July not get back to the Bills? My personal opinion is ot did and that’s when they undertook an investigation. For whatever reason, they found in his favour.

19 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

No Romeo and Juliet exception?  I have a tab open right now from a Californian defense firm website specifically talking about how there is one and how it works there.

A Romeo and Juliet law provides people accused of statutory rape with various defenses and exceptions. 

Around half of the states have Romeo and Juliet laws. These states include, for example, Texas and Florida. However, California has no Romeo and Juliet law.

Just now, Victory Formation said:

I find it savage that she waited for him to get paid before bringing a civil lawsuit against him. God bless her. I hope Araiza never plays a down in the NFL.

From the article, it seems the civil suit was only filed cuz the police were dragging their feet on the criminal case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think they knew until maybe the last couple days. Typically a reporter will contact the team for comment before running the story. 

21 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They were "recently made aware" like today most likely.  Don't kid yourself

So the Bills did "a thorough investigation" in the last 1 or 2 days?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Look at the video the local news did. Bad bruises around neck and on legs plus her Halloween costume covered in blood. 

Yes, marks were shown although the Halloween costume was blurred out

But it's still a question: who put the bruises there?

I don't like the idea that in this day and age, it can be 10 months between an alleged sexual assault crime and only just now are decisions being made about charges.

But I also don't like the idea that in the absence of criminal charges, the mere filing of a lawsuit causes people decide guilt and call for immediate consequences.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My stomach sank when I read Buffalo Bills. Cut him. 😡

Seriously chill out....people can pass judgment without consequences too much nowadays. Let more info come out.  

If he is proven guilty, then Yes get rid of him and hopefully justice is served.  Until then, absolutely zero reason to make rash decisions

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Welcome to the world of "quick to judge".  Not defending Matt, if he is guilty, but people need to be more patient and let all info come forward.

Nah not for a punter. A punter isn't valuable enough to be patient with. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boater said:

Yeah. We'll just ignore that Araiza phoned/texted her to get a test for STDs. We'll just ignore her age. We'll just Watson the whole situation.

Have to admit, finding it difficult to be quite so concerned about her age but that’s only due to me being used to U.K. law, where age of sexual consent is 16. 

*if* the Bills knew and they should have known.. this is bad. The investigators hired by NFL teams are not slouches and an active police investigation is not hard to find. They have made a very large blunder for.. a punter. Guilty or innocent, this was a bad move for the Bills and they need to get a lot of information very quickly. If it looks like he was involved, they need to make the right decision very quickly and give a good explanation to the fans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2