Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No specific law, but it is still recognized.  Re: Romeo and Juliet exception (again, from ACTUAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS): "However, be aware that this is a limited exception that does not exempt the defendant from a criminal charge but merely reduces the conduct from a felony to a misdemeanor offense.  The conduct is still illegal, but someone protected by this exception could incur smaller fines and reduced jail time.  Note that this is an exception applied in all circumstances in California, so it is not considered a 'law' in the sense that it must be argued in court."

I find this not believable as an outside observer. What High School student goes to a college party and announces she is a high school student.

According to the lawsuit, the teen told Araiza she was a high school student and, even though he could see she was highly intoxicated, he told her to perform oral sex, then had sex with her.

• Dislike 1

Just now, SCBills said:

For people who view the players as cogs in a their favorite machine, not much.  

For those that actually care about the human element.  A lot. 

If he’s guilty, cut him and let him deal with the civil and potential criminal suit.  

If he’s not.. well, who needs to file a criminal suit when you can simply ruin someone’s life by doing this?

Read the article.

Just give him the standard 11 game suspension and move on, he'll be back before the playoffs.

And before any one calls for my head here, this is a dig at the current status quo for the NFL and Watson....

If he did it, just cut him. It's a punter for Pete's sake. Next man up. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chicagobills said:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? 

well considering there is already an alleged police recording of Araiza admitting to having sex with her and telling her she should get checked for an STD.

Which also you can be sued for Knowingly giving someone an STD

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Because the LA Times (and most other publications) blocks you if you read more than so many articles of theirs in a month or whatever time they impose. For some, it's just one article, and for other,s three or five. Some are none, like the San Francsico Chronicle and Wall Street Journal.

I found that out and apologized.  I guess I should delete my post. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

I don't want this to come across like I'm defending araiza, but I once got accused of grabbing a girls breasts when I was in school. I can tell you from personal experience, there is not a worse feeling than being accused (and hated) for something you didn't do. Having personal experience with this kind of thing, I will not judge one way or the other until all the facts are out. 

Well said boob grabber.

Just kidding, I promise.  I am sure you went through hell for that, and it sucks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Lots of posters here must feel pretty secure in their career to just call for people to be fired within five minutes of hearing about an allegation. 

There are a half-dozen other punters who had the good judgement to avoid situations like this. Or the decency not to do what Araiza is accused of.

Dude's toast. He's gotta go. 

1 minute ago, NY Nole said:

I find this not believable as an outside observer. What High School student goes to a college party and announces she is a high school student.

One that doesn’t want to consent to sex with a college student.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Im sure Bass can launch some punts in an emergency 🆘

60 yard field goal with one step. He’ll cover and we can pick someone up on waivers. Perhaps we rated Haack so low that we were willing to take the risk, but it leaves a sour taste. 

Have you never been to a college party before?

Also, everyone knows who are the underage people at college parties, at least we did when i was going. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If she was 17, and he was 22, it is felony statutory rape. Consent does not apply.

Yea that part is a tough one. If she told people at the party she was a freshman he has an excuse but she says she told people she was in high school.   

• Like (+1) 1

In a state famous for their strict to the point of being ridiculous statutory rape laws.  If you are literally one day older than your girlfriend when you turn 18, birthday sex, by law, makes you a rapist.

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Duke Lacrosse scandal . Never know 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

He admitted having sex with her. She claims she told him she was 17. I don’t really believe that to be honest. But it’s a rape investigation and she was likely still drunk when the rape kit was performed. 

Arazia might not have been in the room

where the worst happened. But he still had sex with a drunk girl at a party that is claiming rape. 

If the evidence shows no DNA matches Arazia maybe he can escape.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1