Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

16 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

A couple of hours ago I would have agreed with you. Now, I’m not so sure about the morals of the Bills front office.

Or maybe stop reading headlines and jumping to conclusions about a case you haven't conducted any eyewitness interviews on, done any investigation on, etc.  Clearly the Bills know more than you, that doesn't make them immoral, that makes them more informed on the case to form a valid and proper opinion on the matter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t know, if somebody raped my daughter, and that guy was about to embark on an NFL career, I would certainly be flooding them (and/or asking my attorney to)  information on what a POS he is. 

Imagine your daughter gets raped and he is on every sports show being referred to as “The Punt God”. Not to mention he is on a team like the Bills built on “culture” and “process”. 

True. Maybe he’s calling asking for Araiza to be released.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

For those of you who are jumping on board the “cut Matt Araiza immediately” bandwagon, I hope you never make a terrible mistake in your life. You will automatically be cancelled and should feel that you yourself deserve it.

You have to let due process happen. We should all hope that we are treated that way. Things happen that are out of your control in your life that could put you in a terrible position. This may or may not be the case, but this is why the justice system exists.

A mistake is forgetting to carry a zero or pick up the mail, not 'oops accidentally gang raped a minor'

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I will say this much. When the news first broke on here I was kinda feeling this kid is done and 99% guilty. 
But that young ladies lawyer now has me thinking tonights news is a cash grab with his actions. 
I still believe she was raped, and it’s all still very disgusting, I’m not trying to discredit or shame her, but I’m having doubts of his actual involvement now. I just can’t see this regime backing this guy even this far into it without having knowledge he has some innocence in this. It just doesn’t fit with anything they have done since arriving here. He’s a 6th round punter and one of the easiest cuts on the roster. They could easily released a statement and cut him and been off the hook. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

According to his attorney, the accuser admitted to coming in already drunk and agreed to consensual sex. 

I say we all sit back and wait for FACTS to come out before rushing to judgement.

Except that according to Cali law, she couldn't legally consent to sex 'cuz she wasn't 18

8 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

if this were any of us and someone called our work saying that we raped them  and then we were sued, we would’ve been fired already

What a great way to get back at someone you don't like. Make an accusation and sit back.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who knows.  But it would be in evidence at this point.  Easily discovered.

Not if it was illegally obtained; can’t be used for any purpose, and in most states an illegal recording is itself a crime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You don't even know if he is guilty first of all, so stop.  Second, I did not say anything whatsoever about the victim.  But you do realize that you literally have zero qualifications here to even establish who is a victim and who is not?  You haven't done any investigation, conducted any eyewitness interviews, etc.  You read a story, and maybe like most only read a headline, and got online and decided to establish who is a victim and who is guilty. 

So don't come at me with accusations of what I have a problem, because the only thing I have problem with is people jumping to conclusions before they even know the facts.   I mean it's possible both her and Araiza are victims even.  For example, how do you know that her and Matt didn't have consensual sex earlier in the night before she was raped by the other players after Matt left?  I mean there are several eyewitnesses who said Matt wasn't even there when the alleged attack happened, including one of her own friends.  

Everyone is 100% in support of cutting him and jail time if he is guilty without hesitation.  

Preach brother, well said

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

According to his attorney, the accuser admitted to coming in already drunk and agreed to consensual sex. 

I say we all sit back and wait for FACTS to come out before rushing to judgement.

1. there is no consent in “consensual” sex if the victim is too intoxicated.

2. There is no consent defense in cases of statutory rape.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

A mistake is forgetting to carry a zero or pick up the mail, not 'oops accidentally gang raped a minor'

Perhaps I worded it wrong. What I intended to say was truly that we need to let the process happen. So many people are jumping to conclusions here. There are a lot of conflicting stories. As the father of two daughters, if he is guilty I hope he sits in jail for an extremely long time and never plays a down in the NFL. But, I am not ready to jump to that conclusion until I know more facts.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Does it matter?  Anyone with a legal degree know the answer?

So then he didn't admit to having sex with her.

Tells me their "lawsuit" is full of holes

Listening to the news report and her account of what took place, I don't know how she even knew who anyone was...being her claims of being completely trashed to the point where she was out for 90% of the supposed attack 

If the DNA evidence isn't there, then I would say she has no chance of getting even a civil court payout

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I will say this much. When the news first broke on here I was kinda feeling this kid is done and 99% guilty. 
But that young ladies lawyer now has me thinking tonights news is a cash grab with his actions. 
I still believe she was raped, and it’s all still very disgusting, I’m not trying to discredit or shame her, but I’m having doubts of his actual involvement now. I just can’t see this regime backing this guy even this far into it without having knowledge he has some innocence in this. It just doesn’t fit with anything they have done since arriving here. He’s a 6th round punter and one of the easiest cuts on the roster. They could easily released a statement and cut him and been off the hook. 

The Bills could easily have just cut him and said nothing about this case

"We had an open competition and Matt's a great competitor who is gonna be a fine NFL punter, but we decided we're going to go with the more experienced holder and directional kicker"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Its amazing the amount of victim shaming in this forum. And you wonder why women don't come forward. I am truly dissapointed.

victim blaming, and not rushing to a mans guilt with a 1 sided story, are not the same thing! quit saying that, youre hurting victims by even sying stuff like this. i havent seen one person say anything blaming in here.

unreal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not if it was illegally obtained; can’t be used for any purpose, and in most states an illegal recording is itself a crime.

As well as two-party consent.

Eleven states require two-party consent, however. In other words, everyone involved in a conversation must agree to be recorded. Those states are California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

"We had an open competition and Matt's a great competitor who is gonna be a fine NFL punter, but we decided we're going to go with the more experienced holder and directional kicker"

Exactly. This distraction is not worth a punter. Period

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

victim blaming, and not rushing to a mans guilt with a 1 sided story, are not the same thing! quit saying that, youre hurting victims by even sying stuff like this. i havent seen one person say anything blaming in here.

unreal

This

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

This is a very short sighted opinion.  People are so quick to take others rights away but if it were you in this situation and you were innocent... You'd be defending the very system of law you are currently disregarding.  

No it really isn't. I never suggested taking any of his rights away. I don't think he should be in prison, but he doesn't have an inalienable right to be on a football team either.

It's a pretty ***** up perspective you have to have to play devil's advocate here. At a bare minimum he admitted to a felony that would make him a registered sex offender.

• Vomit 2

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What a great way to get back at someone you don't like. Make an accusation and sit back.

Yeah I guess if you’re not worried about $1 million defamation lawsuit if you’re just completely fabricating a story and filing a false police report

Edited by CountDorkula

C17C5F0E-8F73-4BF5-877C-D6215829B1AF.jpeg

In California law enforcement is allowed to record calls in the scope of their investigation.

Araiza appears to be toast on face value. I can’t imagine an attorney including that there were recorded police calls in an affidavit if there weren’t any.

I guess we’ll see. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

As well as two-party consent.

Eleven states require two-party consent, however. In other words, everyone involved in a conversation must agree to be recorded. Those states are California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington

I assume you’re talking about a telephone call…some states require two party consent to record in-person conversations but not not phone calls…doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s the way it is.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I mean… the dudes a punter accused of gang raping a minor….seems rather obvious to me what to do next….

What would you do if the exact same story came out tomorrow, but the place was Laramie and the time was 2017?  

The woman involved is a person and deserves justice regarding whatever happened to her.  Araiza, also a person, also deserves justice…..whether that means jail time, a settlement or his employer standing by him due to innocence.  The truth is what matters here, not what position the guy plays.  Geez dude.

9 minutes ago, mbs said:

No but the principle is. If the team feels he's innocent and cut bait anyway due to the filing of a lurid allegation by a plantiffs' attorney, then that shows a lack of loyalty on the part of management. 

All these people saying “cut him for the culture” not realizing cutting Araiza because Bills podcasters are trying to earn Twitter social justice credits is going to potentially destroy the culture. 

Why would anyone want to work for an org that fires people based off allegations?  Well, aside, from a handful of people here who would apparently be ecstatic to do that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That’s what makes this so bizarre. We know the SOP of this regime. Either it’s not what we thought it was or there is more to this story. 

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

If it was consensual and she admitted it and he didn’t know she was 17 this likely gets dropped. She just blew up her case against Araiza. 

6 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

We can talk all we want about this organization operating with moral clarity- but whenever you're in the stadium, all you need to do is turn your head and you'll see the name "OJ Simpson"...they're not exactly perched on the moral highground.

Tell me how anybody that is in current bills organization management in any way shape or form is associated with O.J. Simpson at the time you can’t persecute people forever they didn’t have anything to do with something

• Agree 1