Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

I will take playing Tyreek Hill twice in the regular season with the Dolphins with Tua over playing him once in the regular season and once in the playoffs with the Chiefs ANYDAY.

This is a huge win for us. This offseason keeps getting better and better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think this hurts the Chiefs more than it helps the Phins.  On the whole I think this is a win for the Bills.  I don't think Hill is worth three TDs which is about how much we typically beat the Phins by.  In a perfect world Hill would have gone to the NFC, but you can't have everything....

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Mia has the better RB group and WR group.  Knox and Gesicki is a wash.

Josh is head, shoulders, knees and toes better than Tua.  

I’m not so sure…devante Parker has always struck me as a guy that’s never as good as he’s supposed to be and the jury is still out on waddle.  Gabe Davis has done some ridiculous things even in his short career so far and he still seems criminally underrated for whatever reason.  Crowder has had as much success as either Parker or waddle has so far 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

So Diggs, Davis, Mackenzie, and Crowder isn’t as good? I strongly disagree 

Better than Hill, Waddle, Parker and Cedric Wilson?  No. 

I wouldn't even include McKenzie and I like Davis' potential, but he has to follow up on his playoff performance.  He's expected to be our #2.  Cedric Wilson put up comparable numbers and he's the #5 option in Miami. (Behind Gesicki)

I also like that Miami squandered all important draft capital for this. 

Hill has 2 years max of being this unstoppable force in Andy Reid's offense with Mahomes throwing him the ball and another weapon like one of the 3 best TEs ever.

Good luck Miami.  

48 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Reminder that the Dolphins haven’t beaten the Bills since Josh’s rookie year and McDermott is 9-1 against them. 

Josh Allen 

7-1

63% completion 

1980 yards

21 TD

5 INT

430 Rush

4 TD 

Call me when they find a QB that can match that. 

Not to mention he should be 8-0 if Charles Clay wasn't a choke artist.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So Diggs, Davis, Mackenzie, and Crowder isn’t as good? I strongly disagree 

Eh.. Throw in Knox/Howard and it looks better, but I don't know that this is a Top 10 WR room.. it's ok.  Factor in the RB mediocrity that we've saddled Allen with, and we're putting a lot on his shoulders if we don't address WR early.  He obviously elevates everyone, but we're starting to fall behind in the offensive weaponry arms race if we neglect WR in the first two rounds. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think this hurts the Chiefs more than it helps the Phins.  On the whole I think this is a win for the Bills.  I don't think Hill is worth three TDs which is about how much we typically beat the Phins by.  In a perfect world Hill would have gone to the NFC, but you can't have everything....

it has weakened both teams. Pretty nuts. 

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Better than Hill, Waddle, Parker and Cedric Wilson?  No. 

I wouldn't even include McKenzie and I like Davis' potential, but he has to follow up on his playoff performance.  He's expected to be our #2.  Cedric Wilson put up comparable numbers and he's the #5 option in Miami. (Behind Gesicki)

Oh yes they are. And they have a qb who literally is better at every aspect of football while he is asleep then Tua. They are absolutely every bit the receiving corps the dolphins are. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Mostart and Armstead can't stay on the field

Chase Edmonds is meh.  

Waddle caught 100 five yard passes.  

And Tua isn't known for a deep passing game like Mahomes.  This is like developing and putting together a great oline for Zach Moss..

I get why the Dolphins did it but.  Not really. 

Concern sure.  We need DBs.  Panic?  Absolutely not.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Eh.. Throw in Knox/Howard and it looks better, but I don't know that this is a Top 10 WR room.. it's ok.  Factor in the RB mediocrity that we've saddled Allen with, and we're putting a lot on his shoulders if we don't address WR early.  He obviously elevates everyone, but we're starting to fall behind in the offensive weaponry arms race...

Colin Cowherd said it is 

18 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Look at it this way.  Mike McDaniel is from the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree and he now has a solid offensive line, Waddle, Hill, Cedric Wilson, Gesicki, Chase Edmunds, Mostert, etc.

There's a lot to work with here and Tua won't necessarily have to hit 50 yard dimes for their offense to work effectively.  

Hill's value is separation and RAC.   Tua's value is five-yard checkdowns and the medical tent.   Not a good fit.

I would have been a lot more worried if the Fins had traded for Watson, who could activate their existing WR corps    Tua scares no one.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, teef said:

You’re arguing with a guy that said Josh Allen has self esteem/self confidence issues because of his td celebrations.  He actually said that.  

He's one of the worst posters on this site.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Mostart and Armstead can't stay on the field

Chase Edmonds is meh.  

Waddle caught 100 five yard passes.  

And Tua isn't known for a deep passing game like Mahomes.  This is like developing and putting together a great oline for Zach Moss..

I get why the Dolphins did it but.  Not really. 

Concern sure.  We need DBs.  Panic?  Absolutely not.  

Stephen Ross is constantly trying to make 'big splash' moves in a big splash city.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

Hill's value is separation and RAC.   Tua's value is five-yard checkdowns and the medical tent.   Not a good fit.

I would have been a lot more worried if the Fins had traded for Watson, who could activate their existing WR corps    Tua scares no one.

Tell us more about Hill's rac..

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

DVOA is fun.  Unless you are watching these games and game flow.

Texans Game is a perfect example.

David Mils (Texans 3rd String Rookie QB) making his 1st Road Start In Buffalo.  With no offensive weapons.

87 yards 4 INTs

Not all starts … time/place/situation are equal.

Agreed about not all times/starts being equal. But that is also what makes DVOA more accurate than yards/points leaders at the end of the year. The sample size for DVOA data is MUCH greater than things such as yards/points which are based off of 17 games only. DVOA is based off of many more games that 17. When comparing numbers, it’s more beneficial to have dats sets with more data than less, thus making DVOA a bit more accurate. 

I’m not trying to say the Bills defense is all world or anything close to that. But, what I am trying to point out, is our defense/pass defense was very good last year, much better than just playing against poor competition and thus having an overinflated ranking. 

Our last game of the season tends to skew everyone’s opinion of our defense, then the critics point to poor completion we played against. But that doesn’t tell the whole story. The Pats had the number 2 defense/pass defense and were destroyed by Allen, then our number 1 defense was destroyed by Mahomes the following week. It’s quite possible that these super star QB’s are elite defense proof to some degree when they are on. There are plenty of examples of the defense (ours or Pats against us) doing everything exactly they way they should have, and Allen/Mahomes still beating the defense for gains. You can’t stop that, and judging our defense based on super stars doing super star things isn’t given them the credit they are due. We have to look at large data sets and not a couple games/plays. 

Hopefully getting Von and improving our pass rush helps with slowing down the super star qb’s a bit. It’s about the only thing I can think of besides having another elite corner. I guess we could just go out there with the intention of out scoring everybody too, since we do happen to have our super start qb. 

Edited by Tanoros
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Shake_My_Head said:

These go hand in hand. Hill and Waddle can take those short passes a very long ways.

Tua also throws a pretty good deep ball. His issue is he doesn't have the arm to squeeze in the intermediate passes into tight windows. I suspect that Miami will focus on the short and deep balls anyways, but theoretically, Hill's separation skills and the attention he pulls away from the middle of the field should make those passes easier for Tua.

• Agree 1

Guy is an off the field P.O.S.  He should have been kicked out of the league or not allowed to enter it after he beat his wife, then the questions on his 3 year olds broken arm and comments about punching his kid in the chest when he does something wrong.   (conversation between he and his fiance) NFL looked the other way of course because it's the NFL.  I'm glad he's not on my team even though his elite capability helps you win he's a loser in life.   Would be something if he ends up in jail for another something stupid next year for the dolphins.  I just hope it doesn't get crazy, not that once violent always violent but lets say 50/50 on him doing something completely nuts off the field.  Not hoping for it but... who knows maybe he's changed his ways.

I'd rather be the Jets going forward then Miami.  If you had to ask me to pick a roster and the draft capital it has I'm taking the Jets over Miami.  

Moore is awesome.  Their oline if Becton can stay on the field will be awesome.  I like Carter to.  And a defense can get better quick 

I don't know what to make about Wilson yet. 

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

@Zerovoltz @Billl thoughts?

I’m not a fan of this deal. Hill is a unique talent. The TD on that crossed vs the Bills isn’t the kind of play anyone else makes. I think Hill is in great shape and is a player who will remain in peak form while. I would like to have seen him extended.

That said….30 million per year….isn’t a price I’d be willing to pay for a non QB….I’d entertain it for a 26 year old Hill but not now.  

Clearly the Chiefs got worse as of today and we all know it’s hard to convert draft choices into productive talent. Certainly replacing a talent of Hills caliber simply should not be expected at all. 

I’ve seen some talk about Mahomes cap hits being the trouble. I don’t believe that is the case here. Mahomes hit this year is substantial but not prohibitive of having some guys on big deals. Only a team with a rookie QB contract can afford a 30 million dollar 30 year old WR contract.  

I have also seen lots of talk that KC chose Frank Clark over Hill. That’s from I’ll informed folks that can’t wrap their head around the cap. Frank Clarks cap charge is only about a million more now to have him than the charge to cut him. That million isn’t why Hill isn’t a chief.

im not here to say it’s a good move. It does not help.  

I will say the important part is Mahomes. I maintain KC is a contender as long as he’s on the team.  

I would contend further, QBs have eras. Rodgers had Driver, then Jordan Melson, then Devonte. Wilson had the Legion of boom. QBs outlast the parts around them.  

30 million simply too steep to keep the Hlll era going.  

The Kirk and Adams deals ushered this in sooner than I would have hoped.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

On paper they are a good QB away from being one of the best teams in the AFC

The great thing about being only a QB away is its incredibly sustainable.  You can be only a QB away for 20 years and occasionally break the monotony of those 8-9 seasons with a 9-8 year.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.