Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm sure they will package the picks they received from the Dolphins, move up into the 1st round and get Hill's replacement on a rookie contract...

Your never getting a Hill replacement. Cheetah is one of a kind. Good luck to them. 

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Yep, might have an issue with Diggs after this year. Draft WR at #25.

WR or CB I’ll be 100% ok with. Need to draft a premium position that gets paid. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You said 5-6 MINIMUM per year.  That would put Hill at around 30 punt return TD’s in his career right now.  That would more than double Devin Hesters entire career.

That’s not what I said.

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Would you rather have Hill or Von Miller on the Bills?

Tyreek is a trash human. Von Miller and it isn't close. I would rather have a 52 man roster than give Tyreek Hill a roster spot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Given it seems Jets/Dolphins were the only options, this seems to have worked out in the best case scenario for us.  

Chiefs lose the most explosive player in the NFL.  Get back some picks, but the highest pick is 29.

Dolphins give up draft capital, tie up 4 yr/120M of cap space and have the most explosive player in the league dependent upon noodle-arm Tua getting him the ball down the field. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'm guessing the guys at Chiefs Planet aren't a bit worried:

"F*** Hill. Mahomes don't need him. He can turn undrafted FAs into a pro bowlers"

LOL

I just went there after posting this. First thread title I see:

Patrick Mahomes will make any WR look good, herp derp!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343098

Those morons are nothing if not predictable 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Given it seems Jets/Dolphins were the only options, this seems to have worked out in the best case scenario for us.  

Chiefs lose the most explosive player in the NFL.  Get back strong draft compensation, but the highest pick is 29.

Dolphins give up draft capital, tie up 4 yr/120M of cap space and have the most explosive player in the league dependent upon noodle-arm Tua getting him the ball down the field. 

Still wonder why they were the only teams falling over themselves to do this 

• Agree 1

The Chiefs are undoubtedly worse right now, but they are extremely well positioned for the immediate future. Paying Tyreek as the highest paid WR in NFL history would have been a tough ask. He's 28, relies on superior speed, and has had heel issues in recent years. He's probably going to tear an achillies eventually, and then what? Getting back five draft picks to free up $20 million in cap space is a nice swap for them. They went into last year with a bottom 5 offensive line and revamped it completely—trading for Orlando Brown, signing Joe Thuney, and drafting what became the two best OL in the draft in C Creed Humphrey and G Trey Smith. It's now a top 5 OL in the NFL. 

They added JuJu at WR in an incentive-heavy deal. They still have Kelce. They still have Hardman. They think—perhaps wrongly—that Josh Gordon will get caught up to speed and be productive with a full offseason. They'll likely sign Marquez Reshard Valdes-Scantling and then draft another WR using one of their picks.

KC's defense needs to add pieces. Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram all return. But they need another pass rusher and added depth on the DL. As it stands, this is weak DL. LB's are solid with Nick Bolton and Willie Gay, who they invested early picks in the last few years. And secondary is a problem. These picks will let the Chiefs invest heavily in pass rush, DB and perhaps they can add another WR.

If Hill returned at this price point, the Chiefs couldn't confidently fix their DL and secondary. If they can strike gold in this draft or next, this team is officially rebuilt in a major way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Your never getting a Hill replacement. Cheetah is one of a kind. Good luck to them. 

Maybe not, but they sure as hell can pick up a pretty damn good receiver. With Mahomes at QB and Reid calling the offense, I'm sure the team isn't goint to fall off a cliff...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Damn! Now we face him 2X minimum per season.

With Allen, Von and the rest of the team. I don't really give a **** that he is in the AFCE. It changes nothing. Going from Mahomes to Tua is like going from dating a "10" to dating a "3".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.