Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

Being Tua is brittle, little, physically weak, and plays scared when he is pressured, I for one am not too worried, not saying we can overlook any team on our schedule, but we can let Von have free reign and put the little guy on the turf a couple of times, I think y’all get what I’m sayin…, 

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

These go hand in hand. Hill and Waddle can take those short passes a very long ways.

Tua also throws a pretty good deep ball. His issue is he doesn't have the arm to squeeze in the intermediate passes into tight windows. I suspect that Miami will focus on the short and deep balls anyways, but theoretically, Hill's separation skills and the attention he pulls away from the middle of the field should make those passes easier for Tua.

There are a lot of terrible takes in this thread.

Hill and Waddle are going to be a big problem. 

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Mia has the better RB group and WR group.  Knox and Gesicki is a wash.

Josh is head, shoulders, knees and toes better than Tua.  

I’ll take “hot takes” for 800, Trebek.

RB’s first:

https://www.statspros.com/devin-singletary-vs-myles-gaskin-stats/

Singletary beats gaskin in every statistical category aside from fumbles.

WR’s next:

Diggs and Hill are nearly identical:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/tyreek-hill-stefon-diggs.php

then you have Gave Davis and Jaylen Waddle:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/gabriel-davis-jaylen-waddle.php

Jaylen Waddle started all 16 games and had 2x yards Gabe did. Gabe was our #4 behind Sanders and Beasley, “started” only 4 games, and also had 6 TDS- same as Waddle. Gabe did more with less opportunity.

TE Time:

https://www.statspros.com/dawson-knox-vs-mike-gesicki-stats/

this is your closest argument. Gesicki definitely had a great season (and could likely have done better with anyone but Tua under center) but Knox made the most of his opportunities. 9tds > 2.

you are, however, correct that Josh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tua

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Being Tua is brittle, little, physically weak, and plays scared when he is pressured, I for one am not too worried, not saying we can overlook any team on our schedule, but we can let Von have free reign and put the little guy on the turf a couple of times, I think y’all get what I’m sayin…, 

or Tua gets the Ball out in 1-2 seconds to slants, dumps and screens and watches three of the fastest guys in the NFL get a ***** ton of YAC yards. 

I think this benefits us tremendously imo, let's face it Tua is nowhere near the caliber of QB that Mahomes is, Hill makes them much better as does the OT Terron Armstead but it all comes down to QB and he has shown no signs that he is a legit threat to take over this division, also they just ate up a huge amount of cap for a 28 year old WR but I do think we will now not only pick up a veteran CB in FA but also add another 1 if not 2 more in the draft again imo. This also frees up 18M in cap space for KC so they will most definitely be signing a veteran and drafting a WR in round 1.

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Mostart and Armstead can't stay on the field

Chase Edmonds is meh.  

Waddle caught 100 five yard passes.  

And Tua isn't known for a deep passing game like Mahomes.  This is like developing and putting together a great oline for Zach Moss..

I get why the Dolphins did it but.  Not really. 

Concern sure.  We need DBs.  Panic?  Absolutely not.  

Mike McDaniels took the job committing to Tua and this offseason they have made moves to give Tua plenty of support. It’s makes sense from their perspective, however it’s big time gambling on Tua. 

Even though this makes the Dolphins harder, I’m happy for this move, because it weakens the Chiefs considerably. Tyreek and Kelce are so hard to stop (as we saw multiple times now). 

Fortunately for us, Allen has the Dolphins number and their offense will be forced to play keep up with ours. That should force Tua into uncomfortable situations having to try and go deeper than check downs. 

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

or Tua gets the Ball out in 1-2 seconds to slants, dumps and screens and watches three of the fastest guys in the NFL get a ***** ton of YAC yards. 

Having nightmares? 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Same value. 

Sure on paper.  Disagree.  They had early 1s.  If you wanted him, you could have got them by throwing in the one or two of the ones.

Once teams figured out Fitz couldn't throw the ball over 20 yards they pretty much shut down these types of plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That will be the Dolphins game next year. Running and short passes. We will have to put up points, and get red zone stops (forcing fg attempts). Then the Dolphins/Tua have to play more aggressively and that will be to our advantage.  

Besides needing a corner even more now, I think this also shows we need to make sure Allen has plenty of weapons to put points up at will or close enough to it. Maybe we snag a wr at 25 to give Allen another playmaker? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Hill's separation skills and the attention he pulls away from the middle of the field should make those passes easier for Tua.

NFL defenses can account for Hill if all he does is five yard crossing routes.   Tyreek's superpower in KC was making himself available to Mahones on off-script and  broken plays.     

Tua has nowhere near the arm strength to throw off-platform, nor does he have the scrambling ability to extend plays.   He'll make his five-yard checkdowns to the same spots on the field, over and over.    And defenses will be able to contain that, unlike the Mahones/Hill combination, where coverage would breakdown because the play was being extended and it was sandlot football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Pat Mahomes average pass distance 7.02 was the 5th shortest.

Tua 6.92 4th shortest.

They are going to use Hill the same way he was used in KC

So you are insinuating that mr arm strength/mr velocity Tua T is gonna do what Patrick Mahomes does, am I hearing this right? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Good team down in MIA. They are a QB away from being a big problem. Bradberry becomes a bigger need now. 

Only a QB away is like saying your 75% of the way up mount Everest at base camp.  Sitting on my couch right now in east Texas, I am closer to Everest base camp than someone at base camp is to the summit in terms of complexity.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Only a QB away is like saying your 75% of the way up mount Everest.  Sitting on my couch right now in east Texas, I am closer to everest base camp than someone at base camp is to the summit in terms of complexity.  

Disagree with you only because these are big YAC receivers. A good QB would make this team excellent. a halfway decent QB still makes a good team.

What do I know but me thinx the Chiefs made out on this one.  Hell, Does Miami even have a coach yet ?  Looks like bad timing for Dolphins and a fantastic deal for KC.  It'll be fun to watch and maybe, just maybe its that one little break we needed this year to finally get by KC. 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

So you are insinuating that mr arm strength/mr velocity Tua T is gonna do what Patrick Mahomes does, am I hearing this right? 

I knew this was going to be the reply. taking what i said super out of context and tyrant to insinuate that i said Tua = Mahomes.

Typical though.

Im saying Hill is going to be used on short crossing routes and screens and reverses because he can just outrun people.

Do we not remeber Hill taking a 7 yard pass 70 yards for a TD against the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The great thing about being only a QB away is its incredibly sustainable.  You can be only a QB away for 20 years and occasionally break the monotony of those 8-9 seasons with a 9-8 year.

They can get a Jimmy G type of season out of Tua and be a dangerous playoff team.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

NFL defenses can account for Hill if all he does is five yard crossing routes.   Tyreek's superpower in KC was making himself available to Mahones on off-script and  broken plays.     

Tua has nowhere near the arm strength to throw off-platform, nor does he have the scrambling ability to extend plays.   He'll make his five-yard checkdowns to the same spots on the field, over and over.    And defenses will be able to contain that, unlike the Mahones/Hill combination, where coverage would breakdown because the play was being extended and it was sandlot football.

Part of the secret sauce in KC wasn’t just Hill. It was accounting for Hill and Kelce, plus the risk and skill Mahomes possesses when he does go off script. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I’m not a fan of this deal. Hill is a unique talent. The TD on that crossed vs the Bills isn’t the kind of play anyone else makes. I think Hill is in great shape and is a player who will remain in peak form while. I would like to have seen him extended.

That said….30 million per year….isn’t a price I’d be willing to pay for a non QB….I’d entertain it for a 26 year old Hill but not now.  

Clearly the Chiefs got worse as of today and we all know it’s hard to convert draft choices into productive talent. Certainly replacing a talent of Hills caliber simply should not be expected at all. 

I’ve seen some talk about Mahomes cap hits being the trouble. I don’t believe that is the case here. Mahomes hit this year is substantial but not prohibitive of having some guys on big deals. Only a team with a rookie QB contract can afford a 30 million dollar 30 year old WR contract.  

I have also seen lots of talk that KC chose Frank Clark over Hill. That’s from I’ll informed folks that can’t wrap their head around the cap. Frank Clarks cap charge is only about a million more now to have him than the charge to cut him. That million isn’t why Hill isn’t a chief.

im not here to say it’s a good move. It does not help.  

I will say the important part is Mahomes. I maintain KC is a contender as long as he’s on the team.  

I would contend further, QBs have eras. Rodgers had Driver, then Jordan Melson, then Devonte. Wilson had the Legion of boom. QBs outlast the parts around them.  

30 million simply too steep to keep the Hlll era going.  

The Kirk and Adams deals ushered this in sooner than I would have hoped.

I hear ya.  Thinking about paying Diggs over 28M is painful.  Hill is just different though. No one like him.  Huge loss for 2022-23 but they weren’t going to get by the bills in 22-33 anyways.  I think it’ll be a great trade long term if they can hit on those picks.  Last years draft class was epic.  

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Are NFC teams aware you can also trade?

Seriously…..wtf

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Disagree with you only because these are big YAC receivers. A good QB would make this team excellent. a halfway decent QB still makes a good team.

Good maybe but in today NFL, good QBs MIGHT get in you in the playoffs but even a few "great QBs" in the AFC will likely miss the playoffs

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Part of the secret sauce in KC wasn’t just Hill. It was accounting for Hill and Kelce, plus the risk and skill Mahomes possesses when he does go off script. 

Miami has two great weapons you have to account for in Gesecki and Waddle. 

8 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

There's exactly a 0.0% chance that all Hill does is five yard crossing routes. He'll be stretching defenses as he always has both vertically and horizontally and Tua throws a good enough deep ball that safeties will have to help take Hill away.

Tua is also good at extending plays. Unfortunately for him last year, he'd make 1 or 2 pass rushers miss when 2 or 3 of them were coming so Miami eventually realized their only chance of success was to get the ball out so quickly that their OLine didn't have a chance to ruin him. Their tackles allowed more pressures than anyone in the league last year despite Tua getting the ball out quicker than almost anyone.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.