Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Corner just became a bigger priority

It always was but not because of this trade. The amount of good/great QB's in the AFC is insane. While the Bills won't face many of them in the regular season they probably will in the postseason.

4 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Agree. By the time Reek gets a good enough QB to make the throws that Mahomes was making to him, he'll have lost a couple.....or few, steps.  I suspect his profile will dwindle.

I think Tyreek has a short memory, and will probably forget what his life  could be like when not catching passes from Mahomes. My guess is by mid to ate 2023 he is pretty vocal about hating Miami. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

LOL

I just went there after posting this. First thread title I see:

Patrick Mahomes will make any WR look good, herp derp!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343098

Those morons are nothing if not predictable 

Hill's insane speed is the number one reason they beat the Bills.  You take him out of the equation and the Bills are probably still hungover from their Super Bowl parade.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Right. And we will take a corner that won’t be able to cover him.

Rinse. Repeat…

Lmao if there’s one thing the Bills do is draft good CB’s. Wtf are you talking about 

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Agree. But they are still damn good. I remember everyone writing them off early last season. How did that work out...

They beat us in an extremely close game. And they got worse this off-season so far.

who is writing them off? Maybe you forgot that in every Chiefs loss we have ever had, Tyreek has caught a 6 yard pass and taken it 50 yards.

What is the point of moping about this?

This seems like a lot of picks and $$ for a WR. I know he’s “one of one” but … wow 

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

It was already our #1 need. 

The Dolphins have a ridiculous wr group now:

Tyreek Hill 

Devante Parker 

Jaylen Waddle 

Will Fuller 

Gesicki at TE

Fuller is gone 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, beebe said:

The Chiefs are undoubtedly worse right now, but they are extremely well positioned for the immediate future. Paying Tyreek as the highest paid WR in NFL history would have been a tough ask. He's 28, relies on superior speed, and has had heel issues in recent years. He's probably going to tear an achillies eventually, and then what? Getting back five draft picks to free up $20 million in cap space is a nice swap for them. They went into last year with a bottom 5 offensive line and revamped it completely—trading for Orlando Brown, signing Joe Thuney, and drafting what became the two best OL in the draft in C Creed Humphrey and G Trey Smith. It's now a top 5 OL in the NFL. 

They added JuJu at WR in an incentive-heavy deal. They still have Kelce. They still have Hardman. They think—perhaps wrongly—that Josh Gordon will get caught up to speed and be productive with a full offseason. They'll likely sign Marquez Reshard Valdes-Scantling and then draft another WR using one of their picks.

KC's defense needs to add pieces. Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram all return. But they need another pass rusher and added depth on the DL. As it stands, this is weak DL. LB's are solid with Nick Bolton and Willie Gay, who they invested early picks in the last few years. And secondary is a problem. These picks will let the Chiefs invest heavily in pass rush, DB and perhaps they can add another WR.

If Hill returned at this price point, the Chiefs couldn't confidently fix their DL and secondary. If they can strike gold in this draft or next, this team is officially rebuilt in a major way. 

I agree that they couldn't keep him at that price, but you can't deny that they just got worse in the short term.  This is a move for 2-3 years down the line.

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

It was already our #1 need. 

The Dolphins have a ridiculous wr group now:

Tyreek Hill 

Devante Parker 

Jaylen Waddle 

Will Fuller 

Gesicki at TE

no more Fuller. Your point is still valid though 

Edited by Bangarang

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.