Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Levi Wallace probably becomes the most important player on this defense now. The drop off gap we need to worry about isn’t from the starters to Dane Jackson. It’s the drop off from Tre to Levi at #1

Hopefully Wallace and Jackson step up. But our depth at CB is very very thin.

It's going to be a lot on the coaching staff also to put those guys in position to succeed. I doubt they're going to treat Wallace or Jackson how they would treat Tre. Good thing Poyer and Hyde are back there to help out.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Next man up, *****.

When Beane opted to run it back and not improve CB in the offseason, I was okay with it so long as everyone stayed healthy. Now we're in a situation where there's no one available in FA that can make a difference and we're past the trade deadline. Now his decision to sign no one as well as going 2 DE's and 2 OT's with his First 4 Picks and not choose a CB until the 7th (who isn't even in the building anymore) looks INCREDIBLY bad on him. Especially when you consider Basham and Doyle are non-factors. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

You know, I always hoped Warren G’s kid would get promoted to active roster. This isn’t the way I hoped for it to happen, but I do hope he gets a shot. 

And not just cause of the name either; seems the kid has talent and a smart corner.

Another undrafted, solid corner from USC like our boy Robey Coleman? Shrug

Edited by BobBelcher

8 minutes ago, Fallser said:

UGH, that sucks for Tre. Knees are funny man, On film it didn’t look too serious. *****.

On film it looked exactly what a torn ACL looks like. You can even see the pop if you know what to look for. Tre knew immediately, it was just wishful thinking on our part it was going to be something other than out for the year.

Sometimes teams rally around situations like this but just from a pure X’s and O’s Standpoint, you have to have guys out there that can still make plays. Just pure emotion and playing for a guy isn’t going to stop teams from exposing you if there are liabilities out there. I trust Levi and I like Dane but I’d bring in at least 2 veterans that have starting experience. Guys are available. Take a chance. The AFC is wide open. Don’t just throw away this season.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

When Beane opted to run it back and not improve CB in the offseason, I was okay with it so long as everyone stayed healthy. Now we're in a situation where there's no one available in FA that can make a difference and we're past the trade deadline. Now his decision to sign no one as well as going 2 DE's and 2 OT's in the First 4 Rounds and not choose a CB until late in the 6th (who isn't even in the building anymore) looks INCREDIBLY bad on him. Especially when you consider Basham and Doyle are non-factors. 

It's shocking you're not an NFL GM right? 

• Like (+1) 4

You're not going to replace a Tre White one-for-one with anyone in the building or off the street.  But that doesn't mean you can't win without him.

If this sent you off the wagon, you weren't on it in the first place.

• Like (+1) 4

It sounds like the Bills aren’t interested  in this approach but the first thing I’d do: I’d take my chances with more 4-3 and Neal in the slot and move Tarron Johnson to the outside. Just for the rest of this year, not permanently. But I’d personally take my shot with 39/24 on the outside. They are the 2 best corners we have. I don’t feel uncomfortable with Neal in the slot and I’d play a lot of 4-3. I’d try that first to see how it went.

Let's keep in mind this is one of the most CB friendly schemes in the NFL.  

Normal was a stud in Carolina.  Kinda ***** elsewhere.  

Ej Gaines.  Same. 

We will be fine.  Just need to make some adjustments including playing more 4-3 so the safties can't stay deep and we can still stop the run. 

It's official Tre is out for the year with an ACL. Just have to hope this isn't a career altering injury. Tre is still young will be 27/28 next season hopefully he can recover and put in a few more elite seasons. I am not going to write the Bills season off just yet. Teams lose big players and still make runs. Hardly any team doesn't sustain injuries. Yes outside of Josh and Diggs Tre was probably the player the team could ill afford to lose BUT I believe in McD's system. I believe that they can scheme around White's absence. 

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season
1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It sounds like the Bills aren’t interested  in this approach but the first thing I’d do: I’d take my chances with more 4-3 and Neal in the slot and move Tarron Johnson to the outside. Just for the rest of this year, not permanently. But I’d personally take my shot with 39/24 on the outside. They are the 2 best corners we have. I don’t feel uncomfortable with Neal in the slot and I’d play a lot of 4-3. I’d try that first to see how it went.

They're going to go with Jackson 1st. I don't see them ever moving Johnson outside, totally different positions.

I think they'll sign someone like Quinton Dunbar who they worked out. Simply put this is going to come down to Wallace and Jackson stepping up and the coaches putting players in position to succeed.

• Agree 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1
14 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

You know, I always hoped Warren G’s kid would get promoted to active roster. This isn’t the way I hoped for it to happen, but I do hope he gets a shot. 

And not just cause of the name either; seems the kid has talent and a smart corner.

Another undrafted, solid corner from USC like our boy Robey Coleman? Shrug

Is he going to regulate? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

It's shocking you're not an NFL GM right? 

Misdirected hostility much?

Like I said, I wasn't as worried about running it back as others were as I felt Wallace was underrated and Dane showed a lot of promise his Rookie season. But in losing White with very little depth behind him, when there were opportunities to improve the situation, at the very least in the Draft is now a very dubious decision and there's really no arguing it anymore. 

I recall after the Colts game reading on here that someone thought Tre was overrated. And that comment got at least five or six thumbs up or agree emojis. Those posters are about to see how overrated he isn’t. Obviously a terrible thing to happen to him and to the defense, but let’s hope that this just makes them stronger by unifying them. There’s not gonna be any shut down corner out there. That defensive line needs to get to the quarterback and they need to create pressure to make it easier on the cornerbacks and safeties to make plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They're going to go with Jackson 1st. I don't see them ever moving Johnson outside, totally different positions.

I think they'll sign someone like Quinton Dunbar who they worked out. Simply put this is going to come down to Wallace and Jackson stepping up and the coaches putting players in position to succeed.

I know it’s totally different and I know they most likely won’t do it. I’m just saying I personally would try it. It’s not ideal. It’s a situation you never wanted to be in. I’d feel more comfortable using a young athletic guy that knows the system then a guy that’s barely ever started. And I don’t think the slot is as important as the outside. So I’d rather play the replacement level backup corner, in there. That’s just me. In a perfect world it never comes up. But that would be my attempt at salvaging the season. And who knows, maybe you accidentally uncover that he’s great on the outside too and you have more depth going forward.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This doesn't mean the season is over, just that the margin for error is lower now. We still have an elite safety duo, a very good nickel, and a very capable CB in Levi Wallace. McDermott is a secondary guru. If anyone can figure this out he can.

Hyde and Poyer will help to stabilize the DBs.  Veteran presence will be a huge benefit.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That's exactly what I'd do and realistically it's our only option unless we can pick up some miracle ps player?

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Let's keep in mind this is one of the most CB friendly schemes in the NFL.  

Normal was a stud in Carolina.  Kinda ***** elsewhere.  

Ej Gaines.  Same. 

We will be fine.  Just need to make some adjustments including playing more 4-3 so the safties can't stay deep and we can still stop the run. 

We will see just how good of a secondary coach and defensive coach McD is. This team has been very fortunate with injuries in the secondary since 2017. Only EJ Gaines missed a lot of time in the secondary now with White out we will see how well McD can scheme around a major injury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.