Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I'd have have said we need three guys to stay healthy - Allen, White and Diggs. 

I have expressed many times on this forum my view that we might just be 1 elite player short to be a Championship team. We have those three (most SB teams have 4 or 5) and we can't afford to be without any of them to win a Superbowl IMO. 

I respect this opinion.

I also respect McD’s “next man up” and “1/11th” approach. We were thin at corner to begin with, so I imagine that Fraiser won’t sit idly by and just plug and play who’s next on the depth chart. 

Question for all:

Would you expect this injury to make the defense even more conservative in their coverages and pressures or more aggressive with them? 

My initial take was that they’d ramp

up the pressures, hanging out their dynamic duo on the back end to cover up and extra field. Now as I write this I almost wonder if they’ll play less man, or  softer zone. 

I suppose it depends on the opponent and the man who plays CB.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Dude, Wildgoose is not on the team.

Friggin Jets fans…

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

No need to fear all they have to do is move Isaiah McKenzie over to the defense to help the secondary out since he has experience playing there.

In all seriousness there will be an adjustment period but be thankful for Hyde and Poyer. Good news is minus the Bucs there isn’t much of a huge threat from the receiver position in the up coming games. 

While I agree that the Bucs are the only team left on the schedule with significant receiving threats, the same cannot be said for the upcoming AFC playoffs. The Bills are probably going to play the Chiefs again, not to mention the possibility of the Chargers, Bengals, or Titans (with Brown and a healthy Green). The playoffs are what matter, and White won't be back. The Bills are in trouble.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Levi Wallace probably becomes the most important player on this defense now. The drop off gap we need to worry about isn’t from the starters to Dane Jackson. It’s the drop off from Tre to Levi at #1

Go out and sign 3 or 4 veteran CBS with legitimate NFL experience and see if you can get lucky to piece this thing together. Can’t just fold up shop and you can’t just rely on what we have. Give yourself outs here.

Hyde and Poyer aren't chopped liver either.

Next man up is Dane Jackson. Big shoes to fill, but he competed against Levi Wallace for starter and almost won. I prefer Jackson over some dumpster dive pick-up. Hopefully Bills fans don't start moping. Lots of "Seasons Over" comments last night on this board. There's only one 2021 season. I have hope in Frazier and McD to make the necessary adjustments. Bills can still win the AFC east!!  

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I love how people think the cap applies to everyone but the Bills. Let me guess, you would’ve also like him to bring in some all-pro guards, some tackle depth, a surefire pass rusher, a monster run killing DT, and now elite corner depth instead of the “scrubs.”

Sounds completely reasonable, not sure how these mediocre coaches and gms keep jobs around here with guys like you around. 

No, you're completely wrong. Each and every year, I bemoan the fact that Beane and McDermott choose to go light at the CB position while carrying extra OL and special teams linebackers. It has nothing to do with the cap. I know you thought you were being clever and smart, but it didn't work.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

While I agree that the Bucs are the only team left on the schedule with significant receiving threats, the same cannot be said for the upcoming AFC playoffs. The Bills are probably going to play the Chiefs again, not to mention the possibility of the Chargers, Bengals, or Titans (with Brown and a healthy Green). The playoffs are what matter, and White won't be back. The Bills are in trouble.

1. The playoffs haven’t started yet.
2. The Bills have to get to the playoffs first.

No need to look towards the playoffs until the team becomes eligible for the playoffs. Tre can’t be replaced talent wise but they will hopefully be settled in by the time the playoffs hit. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have expressed many times on this forum my view that we might just be 1 elite player short to be a Championship team. We have those three (most SB teams have 4 or 5) and we can't afford to be without any of them to win a Superbowl IMO. 

Probably not… it’s sucks but that’s why winning SB’s is so hard.  Outside of talent, You need a lot of luck

• Agree 3

It already was really important and it might be a pipe dream now but man that #1 seed would be super important now. This team is going to need all the help it can get without Tre and us being at home in the entire playoffs would maybe give us a shot here. I can’t see this team going TO KC and beating them without Tre. If it’s in Buffalo….maybe.

First and foremost I wish Tre a speedy recovery, 

I remember someone started a thread way back about what injury ( besides J A ) would be the toughest one to overcome, and most on here picked Tre because of how thin we are at the CB position , and what really pisses me of is that we didn’t do ANYTHING to address it in free agency, the draft and even at the trade deadline , 

I’m sorry but I’m just so f*^!ing pissed 

2 minutes ago, Kellyhero68 said:

Leslie Frazier will need to blitz a lot more to cover up the corners.

Isn't this the last thing you do to cover for corners?

Our system is ideal to sustain a loss like this where as if you're Baltimore and you lose Peters (their season doesn't appear over) it's much worse for them.  

If you look at Pro the 2020 Football Weekly, and Athlon Football reviews of Dane Jackson, Jackson received good reviews and both Magazines thought he was a "Good value pick' in the 7th round, with "Starter Potential". No use in moping, it's football. There's only one 2021 season and the Bills are in the thick of it. Bills have 2 of the best defensive minds in the NFL in Frazier and McD. Plus the players will rally around Jackson. No dumpster dive players please. Jackson knows the system. Bills still win 11 games, and the AFC is WIDE open. Big help if Titans beat Pats on Sunday.   

Lol People acting like all these teams have all this crazy depth at CB. And we somehow missed the boat. We have 3 excellent CBS and like 2 other fringe guys on the bench. The entire roster is as balanced and strong as any roster in the NFL. This team has so many good players on defense. Way more then anyone else in the AFC. What did you want Beane to do? Have 7 starting caliber Corners on the roster lol? Every team in the league is “thin” at CB depth because there are so few good ones in the league. We are probably in as good shape as almost any team would be in this situation. It’s not fantasy football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not to downplay the loss of Tre, prayers out to his recovery.  But before we talked about a run to the superbowl, we had concerns about winning our division and beating NEs physical style of play.  Our 4 losses this season came at the hands of more physical teams in the trenches and/or offense concerns.

We need to get the issues fixed that doomed us against Indy, and others. Adding another issue to the list, replacing Tre, is a concern but there were more pressing issues and still an opportunity to overcome.

On top of that, very few teams go unscathed with their premier players and have to battle through adversity as well.  Add us to the list of GB, TB, Bal, Pitt, Cle, etc etc that have had major injuries also occur.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Isn't this the last thing you do to cover for corners?

Our system is ideal to sustain a loss like this where as if you're Baltimore and you lose Peters (their season doesn't appear over) it's much worse for them.  

I wish I was so optimistic as you are  , unfortunately the way it looks ( to me ) right now is that our CB position is a HUGE liability, unless of course Dane Jackson steps up big time , but that is a BIG BIG IF 

I’m absolutely sick over this. Second most important player on the team. But…this is where McD has to work his magic. He has a history of coaching up a good secondary here and as his time as a DC. I seem to recall one year with the panthers where they had no one but mid to late round picks starting (rookies I think) and they did alright for him. He’ll need to do his best work here. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

I’m absolutely sick over this. Second most important player on the team. But…this is where McD has to work his magic. He has a history of coaching up a good secondary here and as his time as a DC. I seem to recall one year with the panthers where they had no one but mid to late round picks starting (rookies I think) and they did alright for him. He’ll need to do his best work here. 

Agree ^^^,  but they also had a fierce pass rush and right now we still don’t have that 

• Agree 3

Who you call up?  I would go McCloud outside.  I felt he was the best depth Cb behind Jackson, Wallace, and White.  I would try Johnson outside in base personal.  Go Klein over Jackson when it makes sense. I think Johnson is skilled enough to play outside.  

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You just don't replace your cornerstone CB. This is a dagger in the backs of the Bills players and fans. The team has so many weakness that this injury is something the Bills cannot overcome. I'll be watching the rest of the season with little expectations. 

I’m not trying to be a dick here but I can’t think of a single roster in the NFL with less “weaknesses” then us. The balance of this team is actually very impressive. This injury is a very big deal and now it puts a strength in question but I do not think there are a lot of weaknesses 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.