Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

21 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Start of the year (before they brought up Cam Lewis) they carried Tre, Levi, Taron, and Dane. Siran would play in a pinch (like he did in the jags game when Taron went down. 4 true corners, only 3 of which are boundary corners is a bit thin at the position. You’d like to carry at least one more if you can, but they went heavier at WR and DL this year.

Of course no one can anticipate injury, but this Tre injury puts us in a spot from a talent and numbers perspective. Likely a PS elevation coming. Wonder if Wildgoose will be bummed he jumped to the jets when he did. 

He was claimed by the jets as our staff didn’t protect him.  Not a choice when claimed.  Billls would have had to put him on active roster to stop claim I believe, so who would they cut ? ( should have been ford or Vernon butler in hindsight!), but not wildgoose choice in any way. 

11 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

They should know based on the physical exam whether it was a tear.  MRIs rarely change the diagnosis. 

Have no idea what you are basing that on , are you an orthopedic surgeon?   P E are basic findings and can be affected by experience , patient cooperation , swelling and spasm etc.  No way pE can tell if there is also cartilage damage, bone chips, or damage to othe ligaments like the pcl, Mcl,if they are partially damaged.  No one goes into surgery etc without an mri.  Your statement is just not true and I am basing that on my own experience of being a doc for 35 years and have had on field experience.   

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

He was claimed by the jets as our staff didn’t protect him.  Not a choice when claimed.  Billls would have had to put him on active roster to stop claim I believe, so who would they cut ? ( should have been ford or Vernon butler in hindsight!), but not wildgoose choice in any way. 

Wildgoose didn’t have to go to the jets. Practice squad players are essentially free agents, free to sign with anyone they choose. So long as it’s to their 53. He could’ve turned them down. But look, I’m not blaming the guy. He saw an opportunity for playing time and a bigger paycheck on a bad team. Can’t beat him up for that. But I’d bet he wished he stayed in light of the Tre injury, but that’s all hindsight. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

We'll find out against Tompa Bay!! 

Will find out sooner then that against a rookie QB , because if ( God forbid) he has success throwing the ball then God help us against Tampa Bay 

Let's not underestimate how devastating this is but also not pretend everything is doom and gloom.

There's only one player on this team where we lose him and playoff and Super Bowl hopes are over. You don't have to be a Homer to acknowledge that's Josh Allen.

However... I absolutely acknowledge White is the 2nd or 3rd most player on this team. Diggs is his only competition.

But we do have a head coach who's a defensive coach who thrives off zone defenses and kinda helped make Josh Norman an All Pro in Carolina.

I think we're in some trouble with White out, but hopefully getting Star and Brown back helps offset that a little. Our safeties are still the best tandem in the NFL and as much as a lot of us (including me) rag on Edmunds, you can just see the impact he has on the passing game.

Anticipate lots of zone coverage moving forward.

Get well Tre!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Sure, like no team has EVER won anything with a starter injured.  

You should just stop watching and stop posting.  

I will always watch the Bills. One day I hope to see them win a super bowl.

I enjoy posting my opinions and reading others points of view. This board has a lot of really intelligent and knowledgeable people. I suspect many don't put me in that category. I'll beat people to the punch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

so the reactions have (not surprisingly) run the gamut from “no problem at all, next man up, in Beane and McDermott I trust” to “We are totally screwed, no way we overcome this, get em next year!”

The truth, I think, is somewhere in the middle and probably a little closer to the former than the latter.  The way I look at it is, what’s the expected additional points per game that the opposition will score now that Tre’s out?  

Hard to guess, but I estimate 5-6.   A few big pass plays per game will be hit that wouldn’t have been hit when Tre was in.  

Well, every victory we’ve had so far, we’ve more or less blown the opposition out.  And our offense still isn’t playing their best ball yet (and is about to get arguably their best offensive lineman back).  So what I’m trying to say is, our offense can cover the difference I think.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

so the reactions have (not surprisingly) run the gamut from “no problem at all, next man up, in Beane and McDermott I trust” to “We are totally screwed, no way we overcome this, get em next year!”

The truth, I think, is somewhere in the middle and probably a little closer to the former than the latter.  The way I look at it is, what’s the expected additional points per game that the opposition will score now that Tre’s out?  

Hard to guess, but I estimate 5-6.   A few big pass plays per game will be hit that wouldn’t have been hit when Tre was in.  

Well, every victory we’ve had so far, we’ve more or less blown the opposition out.  And our offense still isn’t playing their best ball yet (and is about to get arguably their best offensive lineman back).  So what I’m trying to say is, our offense can cover the difference I think.

I don’t know what to expect from our offense , wouldn’t surprise me if we score 40 points  on the pats****** or 16 

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

wildgoose was signed from our PS and yea, ps players are FA and have a choice to sign or stay 

the $$ are a lot better on the 53 man

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

I don't think that this is as big of a deal as some are making it our to be.

I like Tre, and he's got above average instincts and ball skills, but physically and athletically he doesn't stand out amongst many of his peers.

The will shift some help Jackson's way and maybe play a little less aggressive in the secondary to mitigate the drop off in talent.

These guys can still run with anyone when they are on their game

Wait till the game against Tampa Bay.  You'll see his impact then. 

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I said rebuild the o line. I don’t think the loss of Tre is that big of a deal. Middle of the pack defense’s win SB’s all the time. Trenches are more important. The O line is the real issue here. 

We are not getting deep in the playoffs, let alone getting to the SB with this O line. So I’m not stressing the loss of Tre. It is what it is. 

You are most likely right, but this is a strange year and there is no dominant team.  My delusional hope is that they eek into the playoffs and get hot at the right time in in January and February.    

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I will always watch the Bills. One day I hope to see them win a super bowl.

I enjoy posting my opinions and reading others points of view. This board has a lot of really intelligent and knowledgeable people. I suspect many don't put me in that category. I'll beat people to the punch. 

No, you really won’t. 🤦‍♂️

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Bills will have a mini bye (much needed after the early bye week) to regroup the secondary and scheme in response to the loss of Tre white. It’s a tremendous loss in a number  of ways but interested to see how they respond scheme-wise and personnel wise. They are still elite at safety and play a corner-friendly D … the keys will be adding pressure from the DL and adding points from the offense. The chiefs don’t have an all pro corner either. The pats cB1 was undrafted.  I think we will see Dane Jackson step up. Bills will probably sign Dunbar for vet depth. No one can replace Tre but I’m not giving up on the season. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is where I’m really interested in seeing if McD/Frazier can work their magic.  

In their system:

A good player in Hyde became great.  

An average guy in Poyer became great.  

An UDFA became a serviceable #2.  

A 4th rounder has become one of the top slot corners in the league. 

For the lack of trust I have in them on the DL at times, a unit that I have a ton of trust in them is in the Secondary.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am curious if we run out Dane Jackson as our starting DB or do we move Taron Johnson out of the Nickel Back position? Also I expect to see more of Siran Neal on the field, just not sure what role. 

I think that is probably not their first plan because Taron having a great season in the slot Danes going to get the first crack at it we also have cam Lewis I would like to see EJ Gaines Brought in as insurance

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if we see more standard 4-3 this week because NE uses 21 personnel so much. I was against the idea of moving Taron outside but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. He’s an aggressive tackler which we need against a physical downhill NE offense. Put 3 LB’s out there this week vs NE. 

I do agree with a lot of people that we should have addressed corner back more aggressively. I’ve been worried about it every season. We’ve been way too lucky with Tre’s health. 

Can’t be elite at every position though I get it. Wishing Tre a speedy recovery!  Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I wonder if we see more standard 4-3 this week because NE uses 21 personnel so much. I was against the idea of moving Taron outside but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. He’s an aggressive tackler which we need against a physical downhill NE offense. Put 3 LB’s out there this week vs NE. 

I do agree with a lot of people that we should have addressed corner back more aggressively. I’ve been worried about it every season. We’ve been way too lucky with Tre’s health. 

Can’t be elite at every position though I get it. Wishing Tre a speedy recovery!  Go Bills!

I too would focus on stopping New England's run game first. Go 4-3 with Klein in there. Go Nickel on passing downs. Jones isn't chucking it deep anyway. If he does that means our pass rush failed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks for finding and posting this.

From the article:

"The Recovery

Tre’Davious White will need supreme conditioning of his thighs. Adrian Peterson famously came back in eight months to play after his ACL surgery. However, the average time it takes to return to play in the NFL is 10.8 months (4). With an estimated surgical date of December 16th, White should be back in October or November 2022. Barring an expedited recovery, White is a strong candidate to start next season on the PUP list."

Video of the injury happening:

18 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thanks for finding and posting this.

From the article:

"The Recovery

Tre’Davious White will need supreme conditioning of his thighs. Adrian Peterson famously came back in eight months to play after his ACL surgery. However, the average time it takes to return to play in the NFL is 10.8 months (4). With an estimated surgical date of December 16th, White should be back in October or November 2022. Barring an expedited recovery, White is a strong candidate to start next season on the PUP list."

Video of the injury happening:

I fully expect he will be back by opening day.   He's driven.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The problem with him coming back too fast is that it increases the chances that he'll suffer another injury. I think he's too good a player to allow him to take that chance. Besides, I'd rather have him for the second half of the season than the first half.

I hope they don't let him run live for at least 10-11 months. Protecting him from himself is going to be difficult and frustrating for everyone involved but in the long run it may very well be worth it. Regardless of when he comes back, he's not likely to be the same guy until 2023, if ever. If sitting him an extra half year can in any way contribute to him being healthy and close to full strength for the remainder of his career, it's worth it.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Don't have to wait that long? You think Belicheat won't seize the moment.

11 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

You are most likely right, but this is a strange year and there is no dominant team.  My delusional hope is that they eek into the playoffs and get hot at the right time in in January and February.    

I like your optimism. At least you recognize "delusional hope." So many on here are unable to be honest or open minded. 

For what it’s worth…

Olaijah Griffin is essentially the top rated CB on the “Practice Squad Power Rankings” as an honorable mention along with one other CB.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-12-nfl-practice-squad-power-rankings-honoring-alumni-on-thanksgiving-weekend/amp/

shrug… I think he’s worth a shot though. We have a good, CB friendly system where other DBs have over-achieved IMO..

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Disagree with the your comments about Tre. He is elite and a lock down corner. His injury will clearly weaken the Bills defense significantly. The whole field is open for opposing QBs. Couple that with an inefficienct or consistent pass  rush and run stop.  It's no a recipe to make a deep playoff run or a super bowl appearance. We better hope Allen and the offense turn it on. Go Bills

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills will have a mini bye (much needed after the early bye week) to regroup the secondary and scheme in response to the loss of Tre white. It’s a tremendous loss in a number  of ways but interested to see how they respond scheme-wise and personnel wise. They are still elite at safety and play a corner-friendly D … the keys will be adding pressure from the DL and adding points from the offense. The chiefs don’t have an all pro corner either. The pats cB1 was undrafted.  I think we will see Dane Jackson step up. Bills will probably sign Dunbar for vet depth. No one can replace Tre but I’m not giving up on the season. 

Agree never give up. I suspect the Bills will fight and be resilient. Just feels like they come up a little short due to talent not effort. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

The problem with him coming back too fast is that it increases the chances that he'll suffer another injury. I think he's too good a player to allow him to take that chance. Besides, I'd rather have him for the second half of the season than the first half.

I hope they don't let him run live for at least 10-11 months. Protecting him from himself is going to be difficult and frustrating for everyone involved but in the long run it may very well be worth it. Regardless of when he comes back, he's not likely to be the same guy until 2023, if ever. If sitting him an extra half year can in any way contribute to him being healthy and close to full strength for the remainder of his career, it's worth it.

I highly doubt Tre White will take 8 games off just so that he can get 12 months post surgery instead of 10.

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

This is nonsense. Unless you mean opening day 2 season from now? 

Nonsense?   26 years ago All Pro CB Rod Woodson tore his ACL on Sept 3.......had reconstructive surgery.......returned to the field in the Super Bowl in January 4 1/2 months later.

https://apnews.com/article/cf494a6412f6c22debe85406884cb40e

More than a generation of advancement later and you are absolutely certain that Tre White can't return to the field in twice that amount of time?   GTFOH sandbagger:lol:

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.