What are your expectations for the rest of the season?

Success

It's overreaction  Sunday.  Every Sunday is basically overreaction Sunday.

This was the 1st game where the Bills didn't have a chance.  Think about that one for a sec - it's Thanksgiving week, and this is the 1st game we didn't have a chance in w/ 2 minutes to play.

So, it's not a bad team. We're really just as good as anyone, the way this season is going.

We're entering a crucial stretch, and the toughest part of our schedule.  I don't think anyone would argue that the Saints game HAS to be a win.  If we can't pull it together for that one, it's not the team that any of us thought, or even close to it.

From there, I see a split w/ the Pats, a loss to TB, and MUST wins over the Panthers, Falcons and Jets. No room for error on those last 3; we've had our share of mulligans.

That, to me, would likely give us the division win, or at least a sure WC.  11-6, if my math is right.  That's where we need to be, and where we CAN be if this team gets their edge back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'll say 4-3  for a 10-7 record, wild Card berth, win in WC weekend and a Divisional round exit.

That's realistic, and I'd take it.  At this point, I just want to get in.

5-2 could change that equation.  Maybe we can right the ship.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I'll NEVER be in the "I'll take it" mindset. The purpose of having an NFL team is to see them win championships.

So, your mindset is "we're winning the Super Bowl!" ?

Got it.  Good to know where you're at. This thread is for realistic takes.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, my mindset at the end of last season is this team has a chance with the right personnel moves.

Then the draft and free agency happened. And I didn't think they had a legit chance.

On to the next offseason.

Sure, a playoff appearance is better than none, but doesn't teally matter if they don't have a legit championship run in them.

The best that could happen is knocking the Pats out of the playoff's somehow.

They will win one of the Saints, Pats or Bucs. The one that seems most unlikely at the time.

Despite the prediction, I'm actually more confident about the Saints than I was the Colts. Perhaps not that one then!

I see two scenarios

First: 5-2. Losses to Tampa and New England on the road. Bills play the starters all the way in week 17. Bills win the division and beat New England in first round of playoffs. Lose to KC in Championship game again. 

Second: McD loses the locker room with loss next week and loss at home against the Patriots. Bills implode and go 1-6 down the stretch. 

This team was expected to compete for a SB. Win the next two and they have a shot. Lose the next two and McD is out of a job

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Use these weeks to learn how to get physical defensively. 

We play 4 rushing teams in 5 weeks.

Stop the effing run. 

15 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Saints - loss

Pats - loss

Bucs - loss

Panthers - win

Pats - loss

Falcons - win

Jets - win

9-8. No idea if that will be enough for a play off spot. And part of me is feeling generous giving us wins against the Panthers and the Falcons at this point.

Yeah but none run at the level of either Indy or Tenn with Henry.  Not certain is Henry done for year or could he be back for playoffs?

Think we'll also win a game not expected to win.  Tampa lost to Washington, Saints, to Eagles so they're not looking like world beaters either.

If all teams are 100% healthy still think the Bills have the most talent top to bottom and in particular their starters.

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I fully expect us to get back on track soon and easily get into to the playoffs where everything is possible. We are much better than it seems right now.

But many other scenarios are possible ofc.

This.  10-7 or 11-6. The latter we host a game former we on road all playoffs

54 minutes ago, Success said:

It's overreaction  Sunday.  Every Sunday is basically overreaction Sunday.

This was the 1st game where the Bills didn't have a chance.  Think about that one for a sec - it's Thanksgiving week, and this is the 1st game we didn't have a chance in w/ 2 minutes to play.

So, it's not a bad team. We're really just as good as anyone, the way this season is going.

We're entering a crucial stretch, and the toughest part of our schedule.  I don't think anyone would argue that the Saints game HAS to be a win.  If we can't pull it together for that one, it's not the team that any of us thought, or even close to it.

From there, I see a split w/ the Pats, a loss to TB, and MUST wins over the Panthers, Falcons and Jets. No room for error on those last 3; we've had our share of mulligans.

That, to me, would likely give us the division win, or at least a sure WC.  11-6, if my math is right.  That's where we need to be, and where we CAN be if this team gets their edge back.

Time to make some personal changes and not just talk about changes,  start Breida and give teams a different look. I think we can win against the Saints but we need to come out with a purpose.  They have not been ready to play in 2 of their last 3 games,  make the RB change and come aggressive on both sides of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I see two scenarios

First: 5-2. Losses to Tampa and New England on the road. Bills play the starters all the way in week 17. Bills win the division and beat New England in first round of playoffs. Lose to KC in Championship game again. 

Second: McD loses the locker room with loss next week and loss at home against the Patriots. Bills implode and go 1-6 down the stretch. 

This team was expected to compete for a SB. Win the next two and they have a shot. Lose the next two and McD is out of a job

McDermott isn't getting fired no matter what happens the rest of this season. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I see two scenarios

The only way that he's out of a job is if after the season proof of an insurrection becomes front and center.  However, these are the same folks who own the Sabres.  Have you seen that team over the past few years?  Unless it's egregious with McD, he stays, I strongly suspect.  These owners are about to coming knocking at the taxpayers' doors.  Do you think that they want to cause churn whilst doing so?

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I'll say 4-3  for a 10-7 record, wild Card berth, win in WC weekend and a Divisional round exit.

That's exactly how I see it. This team will be fortunate to get to 10-7.  Josh will run around and cover the warts in our WC game but we'll get manhandled in the division to a more physical team. And when I say "warts" I'm referring to the entire OL.  We'll need a heavy OL offseason to fix this mess.

• Agree 1

I would think ATL and NYJ at home last 2 weeks are our get out of jail free cards. Literally could not ask for anything better at the end of the season when needing critical wins. Assuming wins there... that's 8 wins. Beat NE at least once (9) - if not, don't deserve anything. Between other NE game, NO, TB, Car... win 2. that gets us to 11-6. Enough to get in and be right by then. 

Saints - Win -  (Were playing another 3rd string QB, the Bills specialty) 

Pats - loss - (Bills can't beat physically tough teams, they just roll over like dogs)

Bucs - loss

Panthers - win

Pats - loss - (No chance, Bills D-line is soft) 

Falcons - win -  (Another bottom feeder our specialty)

Jets - win - (See above) 

That's 10 - 7 and maybe the last WC slot. How far we have fallen. If Steelers win tonight Bills will be in the "In the hunt" category, after being the consensus likely AFC Conference winner three weeks ago! This Bills just aren't mentally or physically tough, and that's the NFL equivalent of being a pansy. It's pathetic to watch. Some here seem happy just to sneak into the playoff's. That's sad. The 7 seed likely plays the Titans or the Pats. Two tough teams, the Bills will cower, and roll over before. Likely Brown and Star would be back on the virus IR by then. On to 2022. Maybe Beane will draft a couple more edge rushers.       

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, no clue. 

I think we’re better than we’re showing, but I don’t know anymore.  

Same issues have carried over from last year and have been present all year.  

We have one good win (KC), played Tenn and Pit down to the wire (both showcasing our weaknesses - OL in one loss and defending a power run game with competent QB’ing in the other loss), and then have the annual random “doors get blown off/weather ” game under McDermott. 

Theres 5 guys that we have to get, and keep, healthy… 

Allen, Brown, Dawkins, Star and Tre.  The drop off after them is just too big.  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I see two scenarios

I think anything short of pictures or video surfacing of McD messing around with Kim Pegula and he stays. I honestly think even if we go 0-7 the rest of the way, he’d be back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.