The most hyped 6-4 team ever

streetkings01

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Patriots have three wins against opponents who are .500 or better.   Bills have one.

FACT CHECK ON AISLE 1

😆

Wins over NYETS x 2 

Texans 

Browns .500

Chargers .556

Panthers w/ Darnold .500

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If you aren't concerned about the Patriots, you should be.

Pats schedule.

at ATL

TEN

at BUF

at IND

BUF

JAC

at MIA

My guess is they probably beat the Falcons and should definitely beat the Jaguars. The rest of the games won't be easy. NE has always had trouble in Miami and that was with Brady.

While my thoughts are on the Colts this weekend, the Patriots actually have a good team. IMO, for what it is worth, Football Outsiders does a pretty good job of breaking teams and players down according to DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average). The following is their Top 5 in overall team efficiency and SB odds:

800880312_20211116DVOAoverall.thumb.jpg.2d7ca596805764245625cc0ef0525b2c.jpg515711466_20211116DVOASB.jpg.9fc1276345bfeb1d6a0f6327a7c7ef84.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Patriots ……it’s everywhere on every sports show…..all over the radio! Patriots are due for an embarrassing loss tomorrow….let’s go Falcons!

They probably win but I feel like they are who they have been.  I want to see them behind and what happens.  I dont think it ends well.  They are a 500. football team a few good bounces they win more than lose.  

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

While my thoughts are on the Colts this weekend, the Patriots actually have a good team. IMO, for what it is worth, Football Outsiders does a pretty good job of breaking teams and players down according to DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average). The following is their Top 5 in overall team efficiency and SB odds:

800880312_20211116DVOAoverall.thumb.jpg.2d7ca596805764245625cc0ef0525b2c.jpg515711466_20211116DVOASB.jpg.9fc1276345bfeb1d6a0f6327a7c7ef84.jpg

they have a great defense, a great coach, a good oline and run game and a QB not making many big mistakes. I mean that formula has been a successful formula multiple times in this league. 

• Agree 4

Def a good team.  This offseason will be interesting for them.  Some of the UFA they need to resign or replace: McCourty (S), Brown (RT), Hightower (MLB), Jackson (CB), White (RB), Folk (K), Collins (OLB). 

While they aint broke, spotrac only has them with 31 million in cap space with potential savings from Agholor (5 mil), Mason (7 mil), Godchaux (5 mil), Jones (5 mil), Van Noy (5 mil), Bourne (3 mill), Anderson (3 mil).  I think theres a pretty decent chance they take a step back as core pieces of that defense might be gone.  

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

they have a great defense, a great coach, a good oline and run game and a QB not making many big mistakes. I mean that formula has been a successful formula multiple times in this league. 

Absolutely right. They are right behind the Bills, defensively, particularly against the pass. They are a little more vulnerable against the run than the pass, but still very good. They are one of the better offenses in the league on 1st down and short down and distance situations. Where they struggle on offense is 2nd /3rd and long (+7 yds). They are fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball. They will be a very tough 2 (maybe 3) games.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I will tell you what is going to be really hyped up. The two games between the Bills and Pats starting with the MNF game in Orchard Park. That MNF game will have ratings off the charts for ESPN.

The Bills have some games to win before we get to see how the hype train rolls into that matchup. If, as we hope, the Bills keep winning and the Pats follow suit, MNF has themselves a perfect December matchup.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

The Patriots are going to smash Atlanta. 

Looking forward to our two matchups with them. Two men enter, one man is victorious.

"TWO MEN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE, TWO MEN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE!!"

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls..............

2 hours ago, OP Blue said:

You should pay some attention.  They are a complete team.

Defense, and power running game I agree, but they lack a vertical passing game w dangerous WR's. 

I think a complete team needs that dimension.  We have the personnel to play them in man coverage with a single high safety or even Cover 0 and flood that first 10 yards with defenders. 

Cant wait for that game.

• Agree 1

Patriots ……it’s everywhere on every sports show…..all over the radio! Patriots are due for an embarrassing loss tomorrow….let’s go Falcons!

I'd rather beat them on MNF with the Division lead on the line.    Now that would be cool.   

Pats had a great roster last year and would have competed for the division had not 12 key guys do the Covid op-out.    So Bills fans need to realize that the Pats did not go anywhere post-Brady.  Their roster has been solid and they have some of the best coaching and front office work in the league.   I want to beat them straight up with a team that wants to be out there beating a team that seems to be in fear of the coaches/organization.      

No backing into the division hoping that a crap Falcons team helps us out.  That is a lame approach.   Our team can compete with anyone when healthy, which they now are.    Go Bills.   

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wait, I read everywhere on this board that the Chiefs are the most hyped 6-4 team ever...

They sure are, or were. Even at the bottom of the division at 2-3 when facing the Bills the NFL had them at 3 in power rankings!

Let's not sugarcoat it: their offense is scary and they can beat anyone

The Cheats are unexpected, and well, on a roll. Scary for sure. The two Bills game against them looked to be meaningless at the start of the season. Now they become statement games, with the Bills needing to bury them to win the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Just know the formula for national media NFL coverage. 

1) Cowboys

2) Mahomes 

3) Rodgers

4) Brady

5) Patriots

Wash, rinse, repeat.  Every show, every week.  Never changes, never will.

Just stop. The Bills are always talked about...Allen is as well

I get the hatred for New England but sometimes it’s nice to take the homer shades off. They were not expected to be super competitive, we all laughed and laughed when they spent their free agent money how it wasn’t gonna work that well. Well here they are, they have as good a shot as anyone. 
The media is always going to hype the hotter teams up. Look at all the press cam Newton got for a one yard rushing touchdown and a one yard passing touchdown 

Putting your hopes on the Falcons right now is a little dicey. They got absolutely creamed by Dallas last Sunday. So sad how that team has gone to hell since the Super collapse vs the Pats. BUT a Falcons victory would fit into the upset narrative of this season if the Falcons can defeat the Pats and all their bandwagon of hype.

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The Bills have some games to win before we get to see how the hype train rolls into that matchup. If, as we hope, the Bills keep winning and the Pats follow suit, MNF has themselves a perfect December matchup.

The atmosphere in the stadium for that MNF game is going to be insane. Similar to the MNF game against the Cowboys a few years back.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills fans have been waiting decades for the Patriots to suck again.

Many of us thought once Brady was done, so were the Patriots.

That does not appear to be the case.  

They spent an ass ton of money and it looks like they may have "hit" on a QB.  Way too early to know what Mac Jones is, but so far, he's proving that he's smart and makes good decisions.

Whether people want to admit it or not, they still have the best head coach in the NFL and possibly the best coaching staff in the NFL.

I think they are what their record says they are.  It's a more impressive 6-4 than our 6-3 record.

I think the Bills are a better team than the Patriots, but it's not by a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like the script has so flipped. For 20 years we would be the PATs in this scenario, like feeling like this is our chance, and then reality hit. Pats had the better QB. We lose. That is NO longer the case. We not only have the best QB in division, we may have the best in conference. This will be a very fun 20 year stretch! Go Bills.

43 minutes ago, nucci said:

Just stop. The Bills are always talked about...Allen is as well

I never said they weren’t.  The list if for the lead stories and amount of coverage in national media.  They want ratings and clicks, Bills aren’t that team to drive either.  I’m ok with it to be honest.

• Like (+1) 1

Is this really a surprise?

They were the best team in the league for 20 years, which means they have a ton of (bandwagon) fans all over the country.

Of course they're going to get a ton of press if they're even semi-relevant. Patriots stories sell.

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

The Falcons suck.  They lost by 40 to the Cowboys last Sunday.  Their best receiver is getting Mental help.  Not going to happen against Atlanta.  

Its a long NFL season.  Not much to really talk about mid season.  I think all the penalties from supposed violent hits has really dumbed down the excitement of the game in general.  

The Patriots will be a formidable opponent for anyone this season.  Not unbeatable.  Just formidable.  The Colts will be this week for us as well.  But that's the way it should be.  To be a good team, you have to beat the good teams.  Its that simple.  If our O line can hold up and play reasonable well.  (not lights out, because that is not going to happen with this group) we will be in strong contention for the Super Bowl.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Bills fans have been waiting decades for the Patriots to suck again.

Many of us thought once Brady was done, so were the Patriots.

That does not appear to be the case.  

They spent an ass ton of money and it looks like they may have "hit" on a QB.  Way too early to know what Mac Jones is, but so far, he's proving that he's smart and makes good decisions.

Whether people want to admit it or not, they still have the best head coach in the NFL and possibly the best coaching staff in the NFL.

I think they are what their record says they are.  It's a more impressive 6-4 than our 6-3 record.

I think the Bills are a better team than the Patriots, but it's not by a lot.

that ass ton of $ will last how long?

as to the QB 

Cram Newton 

Jimmy Garapolo

Jacoby Brissett

Matt Cassel

Brian Hoyer

Major Applewhite

yeah Bill knows how to pick them

They deserve the attention. They are 6-4 while many on this board would have pegged that at 2-8. We are likely facing off with them in a few weeks. Hopefully it is a 8-3 Bills vs 7-5 Pats. But who knows how the next couple weeks go. We have a couple tough matchups so would not be shocking to see 7-4 or even 6-5 Bills in a near must win versus Pats at 8-4 or 7-5.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

that ass ton of $ will last how long?

as to the QB 

Cram Newton 

Jimmy Garapolo

Jacoby Brissett

Matt Cassel

Brian Hoyer

Major Applewhite

yeah Bill knows how to pick them

You want to list the Bills QBs between Kelly and Allen?

Just stop.  The Patriots are still one of the best run organizations in the league.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Patriots have three wins against opponents who are .500 or better.   Bills have one.

The Browns and Panthers really aren't all that great. They also played against Darnold. You're giving them way too much credit. Half their wins are against the Jets twice and the Texans who they almost and should have lost to

Edited by Buffalo03

Are they over hyped:  Yes.

Should they be overlooked:  No

The 3 best teams they faced they lost to.  During their 4 game win streak they beat a mediocre Eagles team, and decimated Browns team missing its best offensive players the offense is built around, the lowly Jets, and a reeling Panthers team with lousy Darnold.

4 game win streak is a 4 game win streak still.  But the quality of opponent during the week they played them was pretty bad.  

When facing a quality team at full strength, they lost every game.

So yes, over hyped.  But they are definitely someone to still take serious.  Their schedule, outside the 2 Bills games, is pretty squishy rest of the year too, so they have a legitimate shot at making a push for the playoffs.

I can’t see Atlanta beating them Thursday.  Bills are going to need to avoid any more Jaguars like hiccups and definitely going to be sure to win at the very least one of the head to head games to insure we win the division.

Personally, I think we will win both Pats games and win the division handedly.  But that is no longer the slam dunk it was thought to be when the season began.  We handle our business though, we will win the division with a multiple game lead.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Belichick coached teams just get better as the season goes on, in general. A buddy in the Boston area is annoyed that so many are talking Super Bowl already. They are a formidable opponent, but that is annoying arrogance, and I’m tired of the media adoration. This is not the post-Brady tire fire we had hoped for. Belichick will be 70 next season, so it can’t last forever. 

As long as we’re talking over-hyped, at least the Cowboys are good this year, because the media never stops talking about them regardless of what kind of team they are fielding. THAT is annoying! 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.