The most hyped 6-4 team ever

streetkings01

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean there is a very slight regression in Herbert's numbers but it is really, very, very slight and it is the sort of difference that could easily be made up. 

His yards per game are down about 6 yards, his completion percentage is down just over 1%, his YPA is down 0.1, his TD % and touchdowns per game are actually marginally better.... I would say he is having a VERY similar season to last season. He maybe hasn't taken a next step, that would be fair, but I don't think he is regressing. 

May be true but if you look at their wins/losses... in their wins he threw for a bunch of yards and TDs.  In their losses he didnt and he threw picks in close games.  However that is probably also similar to last season so your overall point would still stand.  

On 11/17/2021 at 7:33 AM, streetkings01 said:

Patriots ……it’s everywhere on every sports show…..all over the radio! Patriots are due for an embarrassing loss tomorrow….let’s go Falcons!

Well this post didn’t age well.  The Pats are playing just as well as the Bills , actually more consistently with 5 wins in a row and don’t look now but they have one more win than we do. They have swagger and confidence on that d and their o line is at least looking better than ours right at this moment.  Pressure is all on the Bills this year after having a big division lead and slowly watch it disappear because of “ good” , “ wake up call “ loses!  Pats are doing what thry do, improve over November and December.  Meanwhile , we keep having o line shuffles from management decisions to injuries, to Covid issues.  Their o is power running to open up play action while we finally got some identity last week.  The pats D is pressure oriented and made a vet like Ryan look terrible and the Falcons line looks like a potential problem for us given our season so far.    They play smart O, and Jones is extremely accurate and is willing to take short gains until the D has to close in the box.    We looked good against a terrible , one game wonder QB, while Jones is vying for offensive rookie of the  year. !  

This adds pressure and makes the Colts game, Saints game, must wins until we can get the Pats in Buffalo. This is the stretch where we see what we are made of and most importantly,, it will say much about Mcd as a coach and Beans team building philosophy!  I dislike Belicheck but he has done a great job given the physical mediocrity of his rookie Qb. Josh could Learn patience in a system like this. Everybody believes the Bills will be out physically played and with our O line , it’s hard to argue that.  If we lose the division , it would be another disappointing Bills memory, unless somehow we advance past them as a wild card.  It’s just the physicality of the Pats that looks like real playoff ready football stylistically. If there was ever a real wake up call , it’s the Pats being right on the heels of the Bills as we struggle to be consistent.  It’s been over a month since we have won back to back games ; time to play like you are last years East winners and show some pride!  Don’t let the Pats TAKE it from you Bills ,as you are still in control of your own fate. Time to prove you want it and do belong at this years Super Bowl !  Who wants it more ?!  😉

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

Well this post didn’t age well.  The Pats are playing just as well as the Bills , actually more consistently with 5 wins in a row and don’t look now but they have one more win than we do. They have swagger and confidence on that d and their o line is at least looking better than ours right at this moment.  Pressure is all on the Bills this year after having a big division lead and slowly watch it disappear because of “ good” , “ wake up call “ loses!  Pats are doing what thry do, improve over November and December.  Meanwhile , we keep having o line shuffles from management decisions to injuries, to Covid issues.  Their o is power running to open up play action while we finally got some identity last week.  The pats D is pressure oriented and made a vet like Ryan look terrible and the Falcons line looks like a potential problem for us given our season so far.    They play smart O, and Jones is extremely accurate and is willing to take short gains until the D has to close in the box.    We looked good against a terrible , one game wonder QB, while Jones is vying for offensive rookie of the  year. !  

This adds pressure and makes the Colts game, Saints game, must wins until we can get the Pats in Buffalo. This is the stretch where we see what we are made of and most importantly,, it will say much about Mcd as a coach and Beans team building philosophy!  I dislike Belicheck but he has done a great job given the physical mediocrity of his rookie Qb. Josh could Learn patience in a system like this. Everybody believes the Bills will be out physically played and with our O line , it’s hard to argue that.  If we lose the division , it would be another disappointing Bills memory, unless somehow we advance past them as a wild card.  It’s just the physicality of the Pats that looks like real playoff ready football stylistically. If there was ever a real wake up call , it’s the Pats being right on the heels of the Bills as we struggle to be consistent.  It’s been over a month since we have won back to back games ; time to play like you are last years East winners and show some pride!  Don’t let the Pats TAKE it from you Bills ,as you are still in control of your own fate. Time to prove you want it and do belong at this years Super Bowl !  Who wants it more ?!  😉

It would be nice if we could have the division wrapped up every year by now like the Bills did last year,... but guess what? A middle of the road Pats team have dug in this year and want to make a fist of the division,,,

Fortunately we play them twice over the remaining schedule, and they also have to play the Colts and Titans so its still very much within the Bills sphere of control how the division will ultimately be decided..

My thoughts are that if the Bills cant win it from here then cop it on the chin that they simply were not up to it this year...

I still believe the Bills will win the Division again this year..

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It would be nice if we could have the division wrapped up every year by now like the Bills did last year,... but guess what? A middle of the road Pats team have dug in this year and want to make a fist of the division,,,

Fortunately we play them twice over the remaining schedule, and they also have to play the Colts and Titans so its still very much within the Bills sphere of control how the division will ultimately be decided..

My thoughts are that if the Bills cant win it from here then cop it on the chin that they simply were not up to it this year...

I still believe the Bills will win the Division again this year..

Middle of the road? That's a solid football team.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm concerned with all teams. NE is definitely a good physical football team. They remind me of Indy last year that gave us trouble in the playoffs.

Fair enough…

My thoughts are there at least 10 or so other teams I am more concerned about so I will continue to rate them as “middle of the road”…

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

The Bills lost to the Jaguars. I'm worried about every single team they play. Daboll Derangement Syndrome (DDS) can strike at anytime. 

Yea one bad game and the wheels fall off... In your head.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm concerned with all teams. NE is definitely a good physical football team. They remind me of Indy last year that gave us trouble in the playoffs.

Except they have an average QB and not Philip Rivers 

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Meh... I watched their game tonight and not too impressed...

What do you like about them?

They are excellent in the trenches. Like if you evaluated teams by the combined strength of offensive and defensive lines New England would be top 5. Their defense is a very good all around defense to be honest. Kyle Dugger has really come on in his second year they got Collins, Van Noy and Hightower all back from last year at linebacker, Judon has been a beast up front.

On offense other than the offensive line they don't have much that stands out... that is fair. But they are well coached and are not making many mistakes. The schedule toughens up for them now but they are a playoff team for me. Still think the Bills win the division but New England are a very solid football team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are excellent in the trenches. Like if you evaluated teams by the combined strength of offensive and defensive lines New England would be top 5. Their defense is a very good all around defense to be honest. Kyle Dugger has really come on in his second year they got Collins, Van Noy and Hightower all back from last year at linebacker, Judon has been a beast up front.

On offense other than the offensive line they don't have much that stands out... that is fair. But they are well coached and are not making many mistakes. The schedule toughens up for them now but they are a playoff team for me. Still think the Bills win the division but New England are a very solid football team.

I agree they are solid. Well coached, with a very good defense and offense that limits mistakes.

Saying that they are an overhyped solid.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:33 AM, streetkings01 said:

Patriots ……it’s everywhere on every sports show…..all over the radio! Patriots are due for an embarrassing loss tomorrow….let’s go Falcons!

You thought you'd start an entire thread noting how over-hyped they are, huh?

You must be really scared of them! 

😭

17 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

LETS GO FALCONS!!

LETS GO FALCONS!!

LETS GO FALCONS!!

Well, so much for that plan.

Sucks they blew them out.  The Pats have a solid defense, and you can always count on the Falcons to screw things up.  They have a running game and they are giving Mack safe throws to big targets.

this will be cleared up in a couple of weeks.  I don’t think that game(s) will be pushovers, but I’m not initimidated by them either.

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Your new AFC East favorites: The New England Patriots!

Mac Jones with those 28 for 30... 55 yards passing type of games. Ima scared. Stopping an aging Ryan with only one threat on offense is one thing. Stopping Allen with the Bills weapons is an entirely different story.

All right, so it's settled now! Pats are Super Bowl favorites the media, the Pats trolls and the psuedo-Bills fans have been telling us they are. We are merely underdogs who can only hope to compete with them.

Seriously though McD/Frazier, crowd the line of scrimmage and pressure the statue they have at QB and slow the run down. He looks way too comfortable with his little checkdowns and short passes. Make him complete alot of 3rd and 8s.

9 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

All right, so it's settled now! Pats are Super Bowl favorites the media, the Pats trolls and the psuedo-Bills fans have been telling us they are. We are merely underdogs who can only hope to compete with them.

Seriously though McD/Frazier, crowd the line of scrimmage and pressure the statue they have at QB and slow the run down. He looks way too comfortable with his little checkdowns and short passes. Make him complete alot of 3rd and 8s.

The focus is too much on Mac Jones...the real issue is the patriots defense. What exactly will the bills do against BB defense. If the Bills come with the same effort they come against the Jags, then how exactly do you think the game will turn out? 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

The focus is too much on Mac Jones...the real issue is the patriots defense. What exactly will the bills do against BB defense. If the Bills come with the same effort they come against the Jags, then how exactly do you think the game will turn out? 

Facing their biggest rival, division at stake, in primetime in OP. I am 100% confident the Bills will not come out with the same effort they had against the Jags.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Facing their biggest rival, division at stake, in primetime in OP. I am 100% confident the Bills will not come out with the same effort they had against the Jags.

They shouldn't, they truly shouldn't but you know....that's why they play the games...because you never know.  Plus it may not have been effort and more about scheming and that's why they lost they way they did to the jags...but i didn't see the game so you would know better than me. And i am sure McD will not have them "sleeping at the wheel" when they play the Pats twice....like you are saying. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Guess what, the Pats are not overhyped. Their defense is legit, with Barmore(a beast) ,great dbs(Jackson, McCourty)and the leader Judon. Their O-line is superior to ours and Harris, Bolden and Stephenson are as good as our rbs. The  big difference is at QB. We win this matchup but they are more buttoned up due to their coaching edge. We will have to be healthy and disciplined(no silly penalties) to win a close one.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Bills opp. to date:

Steelers (L), Fins twice, Jets, Texans, Jags(L), titans (L), Football team & the Chiefs (W)....emm seems like Bills weren't playing a bunch of world beaters and defensive juggernauts either. 

who’s on top??

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

BUFFALO 🦬 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

who’s on top??

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

BUFFALO 🦬 

What does that have to do with strength of schedule between the two teams? And seeing who you played, given your roster you should be on top if not then there should of been a thread about the Bills being all hype. 

ha ha you like wanna crap on the pats for not playing anyone, but celebrate the bills who have also not really played anybody..ha ha. Man your posts be making me laugh. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

They'll lose.

I don't for a minute, and no one should think that the Jax game is the Bills typical performance. I would expect them to be ready to play on Monday night!

The game is for the Div lead, on a Monday night against the Bills 20 year tormentor.... The Stadium will be rockin, no doubt about that.  The team will feed off the crowd.

The only thing that could derail that atmosphere is if NE is able to jump out to a big early lead, the chances of which are slim.  Anything is possible, like winning the lottery, but I expect the Bills to be more than up for this one.  

I expect the NE defense to hang in and not get rattled, its their offense that will struggle.  It will be a tug of war with the Bills getting a few points here and there until they finally hit a big play, then its bye bye.  Although I can see a scenario where that is the only game NE loses for the rest of the season.  It's unlikely, but it wouldn't surprise me at all based on what I've seen this season, how they look, and how similar they look to almost every season the last 2 decades.  I expect them to win a close one against TN next weekend, which helps us.  

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

What does that have to do with strength of schedule between the two teams? And seeing who you played, given your roster you should be on top if not then there should of been a thread about the Bills being all hype. 

ha ha you like wanna crap on the pats for not playing anyone, but celebrate the bills who have also not really played anybody..ha ha. Man your posts be making me laugh. 

Don’t Assume 

show me where I said anything other than Mac N Cheese is being over hyped 

The Bills will shut this kid down and crush the wet dreams of Cheatriot fans 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.