Robert Woods tore his ACL

Gambit

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting, I had no idea.  I guess that would be why Thurman Thomas went into the draft not knowing his was torn?

Complete tears are less painful than partial. Nothing pulling. I have seen high school basket player play a full season on a complete tear while wearing a brace.

36 minutes ago, Special K said:

Robert Woods is f&$@‘n crazy!!!!

Still the best post title ever.

I'm no Rams fan (they are acting like the Yankees of old, acquiring every name player available, which is the surest way to incur my hatred), but I gotta feel bad for Woods. He's still the one former Bill of recent memory that I really regret letting get away. Not the biggest, not the fastest, but he just has a will to succeed that overcomes everything. I hope this knee injury is another example of that.

• Like (+1) 2

He had good stats this year but what they’ll miss the most is all the little things he does for that offense. 
Mcvay lines him up everywhere and puts him in motion all the time. 
There’s plays where woods stays in to block like a tight end, clears defenders on routes for Kupp to get open, runs jet sweeps. We all obviously know his run blocking skills. I think this is a much bigger loss for their season than anyone is expecting right now. It can be argued easily Kupp never sees these stats without woods. Gonna find out the next few weeks. Have to think most defenses are going all in to stop Kupp even with OBJ there. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ugh!  Think very highly of Woods as a WR and a guy.

Can you imagine, you tear your ACL and don't notice?  Kind of makes you wonder if he was using Toradol to practice

Obviously not a complete rupture, but still pretty crazy.

33 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

You don’t even need your ACL. 3-6 weeks of strengthening supporting muscles, then go out there in the DonJoy brace. Many of players have played without their ACL. 

I'm Mark Zuckerberg and I endorse this message...  Get well soon anyway Bob!  

Edited by cwater10

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ugh!  Think very highly of Woods as a WR and a guy.

Can you imagine, you tear your ACL and don't notice?  Kind of makes you wonder if he was using Toradol to practice

Toradol isn’t strong enough to mask the pain of a torn ACL. Woods is a tough SOB. I’m surprised he was still able to run from a stability standpoint. Might be a partial tear but the treatment is the same.

Massive loss. This seriously jeopardizes their SB contention. 

OBJ is nowhere near Bobby Woods right now and Van Jefferson is not near OBJ. Huge blow to that O. Woods and Kupp just complemented each other so well. 

Woods and Teller are the top 2 Bills I wish we re signed, maybe the only 2 since McBeane came onto the scene. 

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

You don’t even need your ACL. 3-6 weeks of strengthening supporting muscles, then go out there in the DonJoy brace. Many of players have played without their ACL. 

In the long term ACL deficiency will lead to more injuries of the meniscus and more degeneration of the joint

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

As someone who has at least a partial tear for over 25 years I can tell you this is kinda true for someone not playing football. I ran a marathon on my tear. You can go straight just fine. You can’t make lateral movements. So in essence a WR in the NFL would be useless. Not to mention getting hit on it would cause further damage most likely. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

In the long term ACL deficiency will lead to more injuries of the meniscus and more degeneration of the joint

This is also 100% true. I have already been told I will need a full knee replacement sooner than later, I am 46. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.