What team scares you the most?

Royale with Cheese

In the playoffs or even Super Bowl...which team would worry you the most in January or February?

If we make it to the Super Bowl, Rams scare me the most.  We can't pass protect in the middle and Aaron Donald could single handily ruin our entire offensive game plan.

No one really in the AFC scares me.  The Titans if Henry comes back would get there. 

Edited by Royale with Cheese

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In the playoffs or even Super Bowl...which team would worry you the most in January or February?

If we make it to the Super Bowl, Rams scare me the most.  We can't pass protect in the middle and Aaron Donald could single handily ruin our entire offensive game plan.

No one really in the AFC scares me.  The Titans if Henry comes back would get there. 

I think the same teams that already beat us (Titans/Steelers) plus a few others (most notably the Ravens) are bad match ups.

As of today I also think any of the top teams in the NFC would likely blow the Bills out in the SB especially the rams with Donald and Miller together up front.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

No teams "scare" me.  There are a few teams I respect as being able to beat us.  I also don't think the Bucs are the only other game we could lose; I just don't know who else it would be.

This.

Technically I'll be scared of every playoff game.....

On paper, the Rams are the best team in the league, even more so now that the have Von Miller.  We don't match up well against them.  Our offensive line is a liability versus their stout D.  On defense, Stafford and all of those weapons scare me.  I don't think we would keep up with them.

I worry about New England for a few reasons.

If the Pats can go to the west coast and beat the 4-2 favored Chargers 27-24... which kind of surprised me.

Mac Jones looks to be the best QB out of last years draft class by far. They have a stud at RB in Damien Harris. They have a top 10 defense. Top 10 offense in points, 15 in yards.

Lastly, if Buffalo can play that poorly on offense against the 32nd ranked defense in Miami...

They should have thumped the Titans who have a 20th ranked defense. 

With all the talent Buffalo has on offense with Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis. Even against 7 DB's one of those guys should be seeing single coverage.  Not only that, did Diggs suddenly fall off the earth in not being able to out juke any DB this year? Like he did all last year? Plus, Beasley usually always finds a way to get open and he wasn't even seeing the ball in a bunch of games. 

Is the Bills offensive line so bad now that Josh simply doesn't have the time he had last season? Play calling in the first half of the Miami game and others... 

The Buffalo offense has me more concerned. They shouldn't have lost to Pittsburgh or Tennessee.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Bills. 

if they are on there isn’t a team in the NFL they cannot dominate. 

• Like (+1) 3

Honestly, right now, no one. As I’ve watched the McDermott Era progress I’ve only gained more and more confidence in this team. In 2019 Josh and the offense were still coming along but the defense was lights out for much of the season and the offense would put up enough points to win. Those were the seasons where it felt like the method for winning was, “Just put up at least 20, and let the defense handle the rest.” I kinda felt like 2020 would be the same but instead the offense came alive and the defense regressed a bit.

Last season I began to feel like they could hang with absolutely anyone, EXCEPT KC. I just felt like they had Buffalo’s number no matter what. Kinda felt that way this season as well but they handled them big time this year. I really feel like if they play their game, limit the penalties and mistakes that they can beat anyone. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

This.

Technically I'll be scared of every playoff game.....

This is my feeling as well.

We all saw what KC looked like in last years SB. Our O line is the weakest part of our team IMO.
    Josh is willing us to wins. It is kind of ironic that he played “ Run for your life” ball in college. In a perverse sort of positive way it is serving him and the Bills well , that he did. 
     Go back and watch the last drive of last years Rams game. Josh was equally running for his life and moving us down the field. Exciting ? Yes. Recipe for a sustainable winning environment? No.

There is nothing we can do this year other than hope the Football gods favor us with health and luck. 
    However, the Rams, The Bucs and The Cardinals are all teams that scare me. With the Titans bad luck, I’m not terrified of anyone in the AFC.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

In our conference the Patriots and the Raiders.  Belichick will do his Belichickian stuff and get them in as a wildcard, and from there who knows.  The Raiders are playing solid football and as emotionally invested to support their new HC.  Tennessee without Henry is toast.  The Chargers have little D.  The Steelers and Browns are not going to be there in the end.  The Ravens, Jackson will do his Jacksonian fade in the playoffs.   

If we get by them, then the Bucs and the Rams in the NFC.  The Rams have basically thrown all the cards and chips in the middle of the table on this year being their year; the lack of draft picks and cap issues will doom them in upcoming years.  And Brady is Brady.  I'd rather play the Rams than the Bucs in the Super Bowl as I don't think the Rams have the coaching to get them over the top.

The Bills are still the most balanced team in our conference, but when we run into teams that are strong in the middle of the D line we're going to have issues.  

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I worry about New England for a few reasons.

If the Pats can go to the west coast and beat the 4-2 favored Chargers 27-24... which kind of surprised me.

Mac Jones looks to be the best QB out of last years draft class by far. They have a stud at RB in Damien Harris. They have a top 10 defense. Top 10 offense in points, 15 in yards.

Lastly, if Buffalo can play that poorly on offense against the 32nd ranked defense in Miami...

They should have thumped the Titans who have a 20th ranked defense. 

With all the talent Buffalo has on offense with Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis. Even against 7 DB's one of those guys should be seeing single coverage.  Not only that, did Diggs suddenly fall off the earth in not being able to out juke any DB this year? Like he did all last year? Plus, Beasley usually always finds a way to get open and he wasn't even seeing the ball in a bunch of games. 

Is the Bills offensive line so bad now that Josh simply doesn't have the time he had last season? Play calling in the first half of the Miami game and others... 

The Buffalo offense has me more concerned. They shouldn't have lost to Pittsburgh or Tennessee.

Herbert had his worst game as a pro against NE, which is a major Belichick trademark, he almost always dominates against younger QBs. And they didn’t blow them out, they won by 3, so, not too crazy. 

But I do agree on some stuff you mentioned. Daboll’s inconsistency as a play caller is frustrating at times. I know he loves his “multiple” looks and always wants to morph the offense to whatever defense they’re up against. But sometimes I just wanna see them stick with their bread and butter and what they do well and just go impose your will. 

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Disagree. If they play the Rams, they are playing a postseason road game. That's the opposite of an ideal setting, and the Rams are extremely talented. 

If they are playing the Rams they are playing a SB.  And I have NO concern about ANY TEAM other than the Bills.  If the Bills are on there isnt a team in this league they cannot handle.  

Lots of teams scare me!  

We still aren't complete enough a team to not be scared.

I'll worry about most of our opponents in the playoffs, unless we end up landing a really good matchup in the first game.

We could have very easily been 1 and done last year!  Didn't go that way, but what if it had?  Would your average Bills fan think differently about the team right now?  Probably.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A scenario scares me the most - getting beaten by a Brady-led Bucs in the Superbowl. I will be depressed for weeks if that were to occur

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

KC,  they are still the team to beat.  I just hope they don't make the playoffs becsuse they still have more elite players at key positions then any team in the East.

Most of the NFC's team do. Cowboys, Packers, Rams, Cardinals, Bucs. I think the Bills can beat anyone of these teams but it will be a tough challenge. In the AFC I just hope the Bills don't have to go to Baltimore. After that I like the Bills chances against any other AFC team including the Ravens at home.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

The Bills. 

if they are on there isn’t a team in the NFL they cannot dominate. 

And really, we usually beat ourselves when it comes to losses.

For what it's worth, I'm not "scared" of them, but beating the Titans and Bengals has me feeling a type of way about playing the Jets in a couple weeks. They stink, but play well against good teams, or at least get good teams to play down to their level. We'll see.

40 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And really, we usually beat ourselves when it comes to losses.

For what it's worth, I'm not "scared" of them, but beating the Titans and Bengals has me feeling a type of way about playing the Jets in a couple weeks. They stink, but play well against good teams, or at least get good teams to play down to their level. We'll see.

The Titans win came when Tennessee had no WRs and no defensive backs.  

White threw what could have easily been 3 pick 6s.  2 were intercepted and the runner was down inside the 5.  One was dropped. Bengals only got 7 points on these opportunities.  Lets see how he looks next week.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.