Can we all agree, once-and for all, that Collinsworth is a grade A D-nozzle?

pennstate10

1 hour ago, letsgoteam said:

Remember that Collinsworth also admitted that defensive players should try to injure QBs who run.

He actually said it was a good thing when a KC defender was purposefully trying to twist Josh's ankle on a tackle (obviously trying to hurt him). Granted he also said the same on (I believe) Poyer's hit on Mahomes, but at least what Poyer did was legal (within the sportsman-like bounds of the game).

• Like (+1) 1

I knew it was gonna be a CC special after the Bills first possession when Allen got called for IG. Looked like a Josh play from 2 years ago. But Collinsworth said Josh makes that play all the time and needs to stop doing it and playing reckless like that. He obviously hasn't watched Josh since 2019. Such an ass hat. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I remember on one play the Josh Allen throw to Knox for like 50 yards.

He specified:

1. That Chris Jones is out and that's why there was no pass rush.

2.There was a push off by knox.

Did not mention one thing about the pass protection, or great throw or great catch by Knox 

In fairness, Al Michaels did mention that Matt Milano was out for the Bills...with 3:13 to go in the game. If either of them mentioned it prior to that, I did not hear it. Just bizarre.

19 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

"The penalty on Clark negated the turnover and gave the Bills the ball at their 23. About six minutes and 10 plays later, Allen threw the game-clinching TD pass to wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, leaving Mahomes only meaningless garbage time."

Do these guys even pay attention to the drivel they write? So the Bill proceeded to go 77 yards...on 10 plays...in six minutes...AFTER Clark's (legit) roughing the QB penalty. Where was Clark and the rest of the Chefs gutless D after that penalty?? They had ample opportunity to overcome that call and they chose to curl up into a ball while the Bills paddled them down the field like the better team. The Bills weren't awarded a first and goal on that call. They had to go 77 freaking yards.

BTW, Clark landed on Allen with his full weight and made no attempt to roll off as they were going to the turf. That is textbook roughing the passer thanks to the competition committee and their constant tweaking and muddling of the rules. It was closer to a pile-driver than a 'clean hit'.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Chewmylegoff said:

wasn’t it the PI when Kelce flopped over with the ball sailing into the stratosphere above him when he said that?  

Was it just me? I thought Kelce saw the ball was going to be uncatchable (so there shouldn't have been a call anyhow) and then as he lunged backwards, making it look like he is trying to make a catch, he actually pulled Tre down on top of him. If anything I thought it should have been offensive pass interference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, folz said:

Was it just me? I thought Kelce saw the ball was going to be uncatchable (so there shouldn't have been a call anyhow) and then as he lunged backwards, making it look like he is trying to make a catch, he actually pulled Tre down on top of him. If anything I thought it should have been offensive pass interference.

Had that ball been anywhere in the vicinity of Kelce, I would have agreed with the PI call on Tre; however, that toss was 10 yards out of bounds and nowhere near catchable even without any interference. It was an atrocious and gutless call by the refs. 'Home-cooking 101'.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Collinsworth does not like buffalo. We all have known it for a long time. Not sure why anyone is surprised. He doesn’t watch our games and has no clue about this team. He’s got a few talking points some researcher hands him and he wings the rest. 

Honestly, it sounded like the only players he knew on the Bills were the ones they got to talk to in their pre-production meetings. Micah was pretty much the only Bill he acknowledged. Maybe Rosseau...and begrudgingly, Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

Al Michaels was not much better. He just agreed with everything Collinsworth said. He had the audacity to say that Allen hadn't gotten much going in the passing game the first half, that it was all with his legs. Allen had over 200 yards passing the first half, you moron!

21 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I knew it was gonna be a CC special after the Bills first possession when Allen got called for IG. Looked like a Josh play from 2 years ago. But Collinsworth said Josh makes that play all the time and needs to stop doing it and playing reckless like that. He obviously hasn't watched Josh since 2019. Such an ass hat. 

And then Mahomes did the exact same thing and completed a nice pass. No word about how Mahomes shouldn't sprint backwards away from the defense. And Mahomes actually turned the ball over multiple times in the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

when asked if josh allen was In the mvp race and he said " ehhhhh he's pretty good" then goes on to make every single excuse for the cheifs on why they lost, then hinting that the BILLS won cuz of the refs?!

And then he begrudgingly admits Allen is a good QB after throwing another TD. I don't know what Collinsworth has against him. Probably something to do with his investment in PFF.

13 minutes ago, folz said:

Honestly, it sounded like the only players he knew on the Bills were the ones they got to talk to in their pre-production meetings. Micah was pretty much the only Bill he acknowledged. Maybe Rosseau...and begrudgingly, Josh.

He seemed to like Edmunds as well. 
But yeah he 100% hasn’t watched a single down of buffalo bills football until tonight lol. Just reading off the cards some college kid researched and the producer put in front of him. Him and Aikman are two of my least favorite. I swear Aikman gets hammered during his games. He always sounds wasted by the third quarter. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Did someone disagree this?

Probably a Chiefs fan. 

54 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

In fairness, Al Michaels did mention that Matt Milano was out for the Bills...with 3:13 to go in the game. If either of them mentioned it prior to that, I did not hear it. Just bizarre.

"The penalty on Clark negated the turnover and gave the Bills the ball at their 23. About six minutes and 10 plays later, Allen threw the game-clinching TD pass to wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, leaving Mahomes only meaningless garbage time."

Do these guys even pay attention to the drivel they write? So the Bill proceeded to go 77 yards...on 10 plays...in six minutes...AFTER Clark's (legit) roughing the QB penalty. Where was Clark and the rest of the Chefs gutless D after that penalty?? They had ample opportunity to overcome that call and they chose to curl up into a ball while the Bills paddled them down the field like the better team. The Bills weren't awarded a first and goal on that call. They had to go 77 freaking yards.

BTW, Clark landed on Allen with his full weight and made no attempt to roll off as they were going to the turf. That is textbook roughing the passer thanks to the competition committee and their constant tweaking and muddling of the rules. It was closer to a pile-driver than a 'clean hit'.

I guess they forget about the ridiculous roughing the passer call on Oliver on 4th down on their own 35(?) which would have effectively ended the game sooner. 

59 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I don’t know how anybody could say it was anything but this you can clearly see the defender using his shoulder to drive Josh Allen into the ground it’s right there on the tape

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'd be pretty shocked if he wasn't right around average in terms of how much a color guy talks. I did notice 1 play today where the Bills ran a play wile he was still rambling about something from the previous play, but that's not unusual for color guys (even the vaunted Romo did that a few times today). 

If you find yourself annoyed because a commentator "talks too much".... maybe you should examine your feelings/bias a little bit? Unless the color person routinely rambles on into the next play I don't see an issue 

One of the great things about Madden when he was at his prime was that he would let the stadium atmosphere and sounds be while he would just be quiet.  Romo does a lot of the great things Madden would do and really the good ones all do, focusing way more on good plays.  Romo breaks down the strategy so the average fan can understand, especially before the play starts.  That's what's really good about watching him.  Madden would be quiet before the snap sometimes and that just you let you absorb the situation.

Collinsworth is just annoying a lot of times.  He focuses on mistakes too much.  But his biggest thing that makes him a hard listen when its more than just casual viewing of a game and its your team - he seems to focus on the built up reputation of players and coaches rather than what is going on in the game that contradicts that narrative.  To be fair he isn't awful all game, but when pivotal plays happen he usually has a take that is like "What?!! STFU Collinsworth!" Al Michaels has a good voice and is a decent play by play guy - past his prime, though.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

How DARE a commentator....talk.....

I really don't get the hate for him. He's a pretty decent color guy

Did you even watch the game? He was crapping on the Bills all night. Any good play he excused away. Any bad play by the Chiefs was because of the rain or hurt players or an endless list of other excuses.

And his job is to talk intelligently about both teams. It was clear he did almost no homework for this game. He was spewing things about both teams that were true two years ago. He was not even close to "decent" last night, by any measure.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Both roughing calls were legit.  Many on the Chiefs side talk about the hit (legal( and not the landing.  Clark lifted Josh's legs and landed his shoulder to Josh's ribs and then gave the tell tale hands up sign as if to say it wasn't his hands in the cookie jar.  Collinsworth noted it but wanted to dismiss it's severity. The football jargon term for the move is a "stuff"  We debated it on AJ Epenensa's hit on Tua which broke his ribs (Gugny and I thought it should have been a flag) but it looked different because AJ's torso was perpendicular to Tua's. The broken ribs on his left side is evidence of how it was the landing and not the hit that did it.

Even with the Love Fest of KC, I could handle that as I know Collinsworth has a deep hatred for the Bills.  But On Air Openly Cheering an gator roll to injure a QB?  That was enough of him for me.  I will never watch another NBC Broadcast with him on it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

No.

He's just another commentator adding his 2 cents. I don't care one way or the other about him or any other paid talking head.  Not sure why many of you get so hung up on the people who fill the void on the radio and TV airwaves.  It is what it is.

Occasionally, Collinsworth et al add insights from their playing days, production meeting interviews. or other experiences. Occasionally they say things that seem way off base.  So what!?! As long as I can see the game, their talking is mostly just white noise to my ears.

Life's too short to get that blistered over Collinsworth, Mowins, Glab, Wilcots, etc.  Turn of the sound off and chat it up with your buddies instead if it's that annoying.

Not too concerned about the broadcast teams. I'm just glad it's football season and our guys are kicking a$s. Don't worry. Be happy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Even with the Love Fest of KC, I could handle that as I know Collinsworth has a deep hatred for the Bills.  But On Air Openly Cheering an gator roll to injure a QB?  That was enough of him for me.  I will never watch another NBC Broadcast with him on it. 

He'll likely do the Bills - Saints Thanksgiving matchup.

The hostile media effect, originally deemed the hostile media phenomenon and sometimes called hostile media perception, is a perceptual theory of mass communication that refers to the tendency for individuals with a strong preexisting attitude on an issue to perceive media coverage as biased against their side and in favor of their antagonists' point of view.[1] Partisans from opposite sides of an issue will tend to find the same coverage to be biased against them.

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The hostile media effect, originally deemed the hostile media phenomenon and sometimes called hostile media perception, is a perceptual theory of mass communication that refers to the tendency for individuals with a strong preexisting attitude on an issue to perceive media coverage as biased against their side and in favor of their antagonists' point of view.[1] Partisans from opposite sides of an issue will tend to find the same coverage to be biased against them.

I have yet to hear anyone from the Chiefs fandom claim Collinsworth was biased against them.

I try not to judge the crew when doing a game. After watching the game again and listening to them, I felt like they were anticipating a huge comeback from KC and had some material/accolades written down about Kelcey, Mahomes and Tyreek. They seemed frustrated when it was evident we were not going to let that happen. So, a phantom holding call on Morse takes away a huge 1st down only to have it given back on the personal foul. Yet all they mentioned was how the "questionable" personal foul really hurt the chances of a KC comeback. If the personal foul isn't called and KC does comeback, they would have swept that nugget under the rug. 

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I rewatched the game and he was honestly very pro chiefs lolll I think an objective fan of some other random team would tell you the same.  I doubt it's some deep rooted personal hatred for the Bills lol but they seemed like they were trying to will the chiefs to come back and make it interesting...like 'maybe if we keep saying how great mahomes is he will stop throwing bounce passes off his back foot' 🤣

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just finished watching the entire game.  Didn't have a real problem with Collinsworth.  Or the refs for the most part.

The refs were a trainwreck but didn't really favor one team at least...seems like the chiefs dbs just know how much they can hold and still get away with it.  We tried to match their handsy secondary which was nice to see but we went a little overboard at times lol collingsworth trying to spin that phantom hold on Morse into a decent call then giving up about halfway through was legendary.  That might have been the worst holding call I've ever seen 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

9 hours ago, SoMAn said:

No.

He's just another commentator adding his 2 cents. I don't care one way or the other about him or any other paid talking head.  Not sure why many of you get so hung up on the people who fill the void on the radio and TV airwaves.  It is what it is.

Occasionally, Collinsworth et al add insights from their playing days, production meeting interviews. or other experiences. Occasionally they say things that seem way off base.  So what!?! As long as I can see the game, their talking is mostly just white noise to my ears.

Life's too short to get that blistered over Collinsworth, Mowins, Glab, Wilcots, etc.  Turn of the sound off and chat it up with your buddies instead if it's that annoying.

Not too concerned about the broadcast teams. I'm just glad it's football season and our guys are kicking a$s. Don't worry. Be happy.

While I hear what you're saying, and mostly agree, I think Collinsworth adds much more than his 2 cents; it's a good 25 cents :) 

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I have yet to hear anyone from the Chiefs fandom claim Collinsworth was biased against them.

I have a magic amulet that protects me from moose attacks. Here in the big city I’ve never once been attacked by a moose. The amulet must be working.

12 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Your entire statement is biased…, just sayin 😁👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.