Feedback from the steelers forum...woah

Hebert19

Washington really does a great job of getting thier hands up to deflect balls. Washington made them one dimesion and took away the deep ball. Pittsburgh has been a dink and dunk offense all year and they finally got a team that exposed them for it. I expect them to come out angry after every one in the media is saying how trash they have played in the last month.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

F any Pittsburgh fan in their mid 50’s and up who are whining..

Since 1970...

2 WS Titles

3 Stanley Cups

6 SB Championships. 

All I ask for is ONE.  

Yeah, living around here I often have the fantasy of kicking a whiner in the nads and screaming over them "YOU DON"T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU F'NG HAVE IT!" 

And on a side note, I'm really hoping we can help Cleveland win the division this year. That would be an epic Steelers fail!

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

6 hours ago, Whkfc said:

what a spoiled entitled bunch of fans. To used to having a good team. Could you imagine the Bills winning a single Superbowl forget 5/6 of them. An 11-1 should get a little more respect from thier own fans.

Dude, if we won the SB this year and dropped a game to the Jets or dolphins next september there would be people on this board saying McD should be gone.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This. Steelers fans are spoiled. I am sure people are calling for Tomlin to get fired— and they are 11-1. 

HAHAHA I don't visit Steelers fan forums - but I have a neighbor who is a die-hard Steelers fan, and you're exactly correct.  Tomlin is not good enough to get'em there and should be replaced 🙄 

I taught her parrots the Shout song last time I pet-sat.   They didn't get the pitch, but they 100% got the rhythm of the words. HA!  I only hope we get to hear it a lot this Sunday!

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Washington really does a great job of getting thier hands up to deflect balls. Washington made them one dimesion and took away the deep ball. Pittsburgh has been a dink and dunk offense all year and they finally got a team that exposed them for it. I expect them to come out angry after every one in the media is saying how trash they have played in the last month.

Yeah, what's up with this, it seems to be a lost art to us - both ways - doing that, and the OL defending against a defense that does it?

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This. Steelers fans are spoiled. I am sure people are calling for Tomlin to get fired— and they are 11-1. 

This is absolutely correct.  It is a spoiled fan base with a lot of entitlement.  That said Steelers fans have generally been very nice to me, my wife excepted.  

• Haha (+1) 3

On 12/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, SDS said:

This is just recency bias. People always react according to the last game played.

In this case recency bias wasn't confined to the Steelers blowing a lead against an 'inferior' opponent. A lot of those folks also watched Josh and the Bills have a big game afterwards. That only made it worse for people prone to extremes.

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Wow....they are seriously down for a team that has only lost ONCE

they are always like this.  its bizarre.  you’d think they had 20 years of losing and suffering bizarre defeats instead of winning 2 SB’s in that timespan. 

Have nothing but respect for Steelers owners. 

State and Union: SBU and its ties with the Steelers, Rooney family

• May 20, 2018
  •  
    •  

Arthur J. Rooney Sr.jpg

Arthur J. Rooney Sr.

photo submitted

A strong thread connects St. Bonaventure University and the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and family, dating back to the 1950s when the Steelers used to hold training camp on the college campus.

But on this day, 45 years ago, the ties were strengthened when Arthur J. Rooney Sr., founding owner of the NFL team, was presented with an honorary Doctor of Commercial Science degree during St. Bonaventure’s commencement.

The Very Rev. Damian McElrath, president of the university, presented Rooney with the honorary degree on May 20, 1973.

Of course, longtime Steelers fans will note that, at that time, the Steelers were on the cusp of greatness — the team would win four Super Bowls from the 1974-79 seasons. But before the early ’70s, the Steelers were perennial losers, dating back to the 1930s, when Rooney started the team with, as legend had it, gambling winnings.

As for other connections, Rooney’s brother, Father Silas Rooney, was a Bona graduate and served as athletic director in the late 1940s and the 1950s. It was Father Silas who encouraged a new, undersized Bonaventure student, Jack Butler of Pittsburgh, to join the football team — even though Butler had not even played in high school.

Remember when Pegula was a local hockey coach?

• By CHUCK POLLOCK, Olean Times Herald
  •  
    • Feb 22, 2016 Updated Feb 22, 2016
    •  
      •  

Olean Arrows — 1987

The Olean Arrows Mites team won the 1987 Fredonia Hockey Tournament. The above photo appeared in the Times Herald after that event. Front row, from left: Nick Jordan, Jeff Yehl, Tommy Wesley, Pat Moses, Tim Rhinehart, David Previglian and Scott Campbell. Back row: Dan Jordan, the head coach, Scott Rucinski, Matt Hughes, Michael Pegula, Jeremy Schrauger, Keith Raimondi and assistant coach Terry Pegula, who now owns both the Buffalo Bills and Sabres.

Dan Jordan photo

Last week, on a whim, Dan Jordan posted a 29-year-old photo on Facebook.

In his word, the response was “overwhelming.”

The picture is of the 1987 Olean Arrows Mite hockey team. That group of then-8-and-9-year-olds, now in their late 30s, had just won a tournament in Fredonia.

advertisement

But the photo was significant for a reason other than nostalgia. In the back row on the left is Jordan, coach of the team, on the right is his assistant, one Terry Pegula.

Yeah, the former Olean and Allegany gas and oil exploration businessman now the billionaire owner of the Buffalo Bills and Sabres.

Together, they had a four-season run — two years with the Mites and two with the Squirts.

“Terry and I met as a result of our sons starting out in the In-House hockey program at the Olean Recreation Center and when a coaching opportunity opened up, I grabbed it,” Jordan said.

Both helped small town of Olean NY. Witch is the amazing thing lol.

Back on topic the Steelers fans are being way too negative about there team. There 11-1. Like the Bill's chances anything could happen on Sunday.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Dude, if we won the SB this year and dropped a game to the Jets or dolphins next september there would be people on this board saying McD should be gone.

The Bills dropped a game to KC and people wanted McDermott fired!

On 12/9/2020 at 1:50 PM, Back the Blue said:

Since 1970...

2 WS Titles

3 Stanley Cups

6 SB Championships. 

All I ask for is ONE.  

You forgot 2 Stanley cups. They won 2 with Mario in the 90’s and 3 with Crosby. 

5 Cups

On 12/9/2020 at 1:50 PM, Back the Blue said:

Since 1970...

2 WS Titles

3 Stanley Cups

6 SB Championships. 

All I ask for is ONE.  

Besides the extra Stanley Cups you left off, go back just one more decade and you'd add another WS title as well, but who's counting? ;)

4 hours ago, BFLO said:

You forgot 2 Stanley cups. They won 2 with Mario in the 90’s and 3 with Crosby. 

5 Cups

Oops.  For some reason I thought it was 2 for Lemieux and 1 for Crosby.  That’s what I get for not looking it up.  

Makes their whining even worse. 

I have family in Pittsburgh and several  friends from there as well.  They are used to winning, very realistic on their team’s performance, and they are quick to jump ship.  

Just this morning my cousin in Pittsburgh and I talked and he said these things:   “ The Steelers are overrated”, “ they had an easy schedule”, “they got lucky in a lot of games”, and he “really wants to see Buffalo win a Super Bowl”.    Nice guy, I think he truly wants us to get a championship too. 

On 12/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I remember when he threw an interception against Kansas City and it was returned for like 98 yd for a touchdown. 

But dude.....PETERMAN. 

Yeah I remember when Thad Lewis head almost got taken off vs the Saints

• Like (+1) 1

Live in north west PA. About 90 min drive from Buff, Pitt, and Clev. Lots of fun banter this week. Talked in passing with probably 8-10 “stiller” fans this week at my gym. I was very surprised not a single one picked them to win or came at me with their usual gusto. They are all very worried about their squad and acknowledged the lack luster lineup of teams they’ve played. 

.... all that said. This feels like a get right game for them. But maybe the Bills are just “Dat dude” right now. All about whose healthy and hot heading into the end of December and it feels like these teams are headed in slightly different directions. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, RochesterLifer said:

I like the sound of this - but, don't understand. Can you share what makes the Bills (other than being darn good) a particularly difficult match up for the Steelers?

Allen, WR's, Defense improving. Bills hungry. Steelers reeling. Bens knee. Steelers injuries.

Thanks for posting. 

Sounds like this board after every loss. 

After the Hail Murray, ppl doubted we beat LA , SF, Pit ,NE , Mia. 

I said I have us at 11-5 -12-4 still and was laughed out by a few but I understand it's alot of emotion involved in those feelings. 

That fluke play doesn't happen,  we're 10-2 , winners of 6 straight , and a W vs Pit would elevate us to 2nd in the AFC!

I just saw, Haden is officially OUT tomorrow!

That's huge.

Diggs might go for 200 lol. But seriously,  if they double Diggs, Beasley will be wide open or Davis will have an advantageous matchup.

Pick your poison!

That's a huge loss for them...

Edited by JerseyBills

41 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I just saw, Haden is officially OUT tomorrow!

That's huge.

Diggs might go for 200 lol. But seriously,  if they double Diggs, Beasley will be wide open or Davis will have an advantageous matchup.

Pick your poison!

That's a huge loss for them...

If the O line can hold the Steelers pass rush in check it's going to be a long day for their defense.

13 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

If the O line can hold the Steelers pass rush in check it's going to be a long day for their defense.

I’m really worried about what Hayward and Tuitt are gonna do inside. Watt and Dupree got all the hype and numbers on that front 7 but those 2 big guys up front ruin teams run and pass game’s with their penetration. They don’t get nearly enough credit 

2 hours ago, BillsBytheBay said:

I work with a Steelers fan.  They feel that they have been lucky winning, playing down to their opponents.   The loss to the team formally named for my people was bad.  They think buffalo is the first good team they'll play this year.

I don’t know. They beat the Browns, Titans and Ravens earlier this season in three consecutive weeks.

Edited by Beast

All this Tuel talk made me nostalgic. Wow, was it really only 7 years ago?

I did a quick search and found this headline featuring a pretty funny quote from his worst enemy... sorry, I mean his former college coach:

WSU coach on Jeff Tuel: ‘He’s never really won any games…’

f964fb93-leach.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Fortunately, Jeff's Twitter feed tells me he's 'striving to improve on a daily basis'

57 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

All this Tuel talk made me nostalgic. Wow, was it really only 7 years ago?

I did a quick search and found this headline featuring a pretty funny quote from his worst enemy... sorry, I mean his former college coach:

WSU coach on Jeff Tuel: ‘He’s never really won any games…’

f964fb93-leach.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Fortunately, Jeff's Twitter feed tells me he's 'striving to improve on a daily basis'

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Former-Washington-State-quarterback-Jeff-Tuel-on-cutting-edge-of-California-cannabis-133081978/

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We were hoping thats for sure, one int run all the way back for a TD ended his  career 😁

the thing is, until that play he was having a good game. Had the Bills in position to win. .... Is he the Moonlight Graham of Bills football?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CSBill said:

the thing is, until that play he was having a good game. Had the Bills in position to win. .... Is he the Moonlight Graham of Bills football?

OK so I am far from an expert, but was Jeff Tuel that bad for him to be out of the NFL? Like for example, Tyler Bray better then Tuel?