Feedback from the steelers forum...woah

Hebert19

I always check out the competitions boards before we play them.  Quite often sign up for an account and chit chat about the upcoming game...when I went to the steelers forum this time I found this.  *****...you would think they are 1 and 11 and not 11 and 1.  Also saw a couple other threads that it seems the majority think we will crush them.  Shocked really. 

Anyway thought I'd share. 

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/your-prediction-how-many-3-and-outs-by-our-offense-against-buffalo.25224/

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I always check out the competitions boards before we play them.  Quite often sign up for an account and chit chat about the upcoming game...when I went to the steelers forum this time I found this.  *****...you would think they are 1 and 11 and not 11 and 1.  Also saw a couple other threads that it seems the majority think we will crush them.  Shocked really. 

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/your-prediction-how-many-3-and-outs-by-our-offense-against-buffalo.25224/

I do not find it surprising.  Every team has some Debbie Downers in its fandom who disappear after good games. upChuck DICKerson disciples were around during Superbowl years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

OMG.  They sound like a lot of the Bills "fans" on this forum!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

What a time to be alive. You guys remember when Jeff Tuel was starting football games for us?

I think some of us, for a week anyway, had convinced ourselves Tuel could be the next Tom Brady!  Fanaticism is a dangerous thing!  :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

They are always like that. They expect perfection and feel entitled to it. Not unlike the Ohio state fan base tbh. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I do not find it surprising.  Every team has some Debbie Downers in its fandom who disappear after good games. upChuck DICKerson disciples were around during Superbowl years.

Right.  There is a Bills fan page I "like" on Facebook.  Within 10 minutes of the end of the 49ers game, one guy was proclaiming that "This team isn't going anywhere with garbage like Levi Wallace"... people suck.

I understand where some of it comes from, I really do.  But if being a fan of a team is that taxing on you, you should probably just sit it out. Absolutely miserable fans sometimes....but they are in every team fan base.  I think I have a fairly realistic vision of my teams, but when things are going well, I am sure as hell not going to dwell on the negatives...enjoy the good times while they are happening, because, as we all know, the good times can be few and far between.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I also check out the opponents boards.  I don't post.

It's interesting to see the kind of fans on opponent boards.  While there are fans on all boards, at both extremes, I found the 49er fans to be mostly realistic regarding their expectations.  I visited the Steelers board the other day and found and thought the same thing.  Lots of introspection in that fanbase.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wow....they are seriously down for a team that has only lost ONCE

I think they know who they've played though... Triple A schedule. The week before they needed a defensive TD to beat a qb who had 33 passing yards. They have not been playing good football especially lately and the record is not really indicative of the teams play.

• Like (+1) 3

looks like a bunch of downers.........we do that stuff too though after a loss.  Its farily typical of NFL fans.   I listen to Sirius NFL radio and Steelers fans really get on them when they lose, especially to inferior teams.  Again, Bills fans are nancy's after this kind of loss too.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

What a time to be alive. You guys remember when Jeff Tuel was starting football games for us?

Not only that - I remember convincing myself that we had found some sort of "hidden gem" in Tuel, especially when we were winning that KC game (just prior to the 100 yard pick 6).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Jobot said:

On paper, the Bills are a horrible matchup for the Steelers.

I like the sound of this - but, don't understand. Can you share what makes the Bills (other than being darn good) a particularly difficult match up for the Steelers?

14 minutes ago, Jobot said:

On paper, the Bills are a horrible matchup for the Steelers.

Horrible for the Steelers?  Why so?  Curious if your take is different from what I’ve been reading. 

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

I like the sound of this - but, don't understand. Can you share what makes the Bills (other than being darn good) a particularly difficult match up for the Steelers?

I like the way you think. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I think this thread is interesting as well ... http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/how-to-defend-the-steelers-offense-for-dummies.25238/

Fan frustration about there play calling tendencies

Edited by CorkScrewHill

3 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

The strength of our defense matches up with the strength of their offense, and McD/Frazier have proven that they can stick it to one dimensional offenses. Couple that with the key injuries they have on defense and you have a lot of the ingredients for a blow out. I expect a relatively tight game, but I can understand the trepidation of Steelers fans for this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Steelers are probably one of the "weaker" 11-1 teams in recent memory. Lots of close wins against bad opponents. But you are what your record says you are. They have one of if not the best defenses in the league, a good ST unit and an offense that puts up enough points anchored by a 2 times Super Bowl winning QB along with a Super Bowl winning coach. It isn't going to be a cakewalk against the Steelers. I do think that this will be a one possession game and it will come down to who doesn't turn the ball over and who makes that one big play that ends up being the difference in the game. It should be a slugfest between two very good teams. I am feeling a Bills victory as of now but I am worried the weather is going to hamper the passing attack and the run defense (which has been better as of late) is going to fold in a game where the weather conditions will favor running the ball. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Steelers are probably one of the "weaker" 11-1 teams in recent memory. Lots of close wins against bad opponents. But you are what your record says you are. They have one of if not the best defenses in the league, a good ST unit and an offense that puts up enough points anchored by a 2 times Super Bowl winning QB along with a Super Bowl winning coach. It isn't going to be a cakewalk against the Steelers. I do think that this will be a one possession game and it will come down to who doesn't turn the ball over and who makes that one big play that ends up being the difference in the game. It should be a slugfest between two very good teams. I am feeling a Bills victory as of now but I am worried the weather is going to hamper the passing attack and the run defense (which has been better as of late) is going to fold in a game where the weather conditions will favor running the ball. 

The issue with their defense is that they may be without both starting corners Sunday in addition to their 3rd string ILB, and Dupree being out. That’s a bad recipe of injuries for defending our offense, especially if Allen is feeling it. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

We are starting to peak/ come together.

They are starting to sink/ fall apart.

I think this game is akin to the 49 ers game in terms of relative “ease”.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

The issue with their defense is that they may be without both starting corners Sunday in addition to their 3rd string ILB, and Dupree being out. That’s a bad recipe of injuries for defending our offense, especially if Allen is feeling it. 

Good point, but the weather and John Brown being out could make this an ugly game where the Bills can't throw effectively and they need to run the ball which will help the Steelers survive the injuries to the secondary. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We are starting to peak/ come together.

They are starting to sink/ fall apart.

I think this game is akin to the 49 ers game in terms of relative “ease”.

Bad weather and John Brown still being out does tighten this game for me. A sloppy turnover and letting up a big play could doom this team. If this was in a dome or in good weather I would be feeling a 2 possession margin for the Bills against a banged up team. But this type of weather will favor the team that isn't playing as well.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Good point, but the weather and John Brown being out could make this an ugly game where the Bills can't throw effectively and they need to run the ball which will help the Steelers survive the injuries to the secondary. 

Agree. Not having two starting LBers doesn’t help them there though. Particularly when it’s their two best LBers not named Watt. What’s the weather supposed to be Sunday? Not that forecast matters since WNY weather changes quicker than than a stripper after a lap dance. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Agree. Not having two starting LBers doesn’t help them there though. Particularly when it’s their two best LBers not named Watt. What’s the weather supposed to be Sunday? Not that forecast matters since WNY weather changes quicker than than a striper after a lap dance

Beautiful....just beautiful.  Reminds me of Mints and the Sundowner across the border!

Edited by Kwai San
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, mattynh said:

looks like a bunch of downers.........we do that stuff too though after a loss.  Its farily typical of NFL fans.   I listen to Sirius NFL radio and Steelers fans really get on them when they lose, especially to inferior teams.  Again, Bills fans are nancy's after this kind of loss too.

Well sure! It’s normal to be upset when we lose! :)