Bills at Texans: Predict the Score

Magox

I’m going out on a limb and making these predictions.   Yeah yeah, I may be wrong about both and get flamed for doing so but it won’t be the first nor the last time I’ve been wrong.

I think the Bills match up well against the Texans on both sides of the ball.

Josh Allen seems to come up big in prime time games.

Josh has faced great defenses over the past 6 weeks which will benefit him going into a relatively weak defensive opponent.

They will be playing in a controlled environment with no weather impediments.

Josh has progressively been getting better with his deeper passes.

McD has changed the motto from Playoff caliber to Championship caliber.   To me that signals that in order for that to happen both the offense and defense have to be playing at a higher level meaning they will play more aggressively on offense and unleash Josh Allen in the playoffs.

Go Bills!

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

if Allen goes for 300 that means the Texans scored a bunch and it was a shootout  Be interesting to see what that looks like as we've played all close affairs

Exactly.

Just don't think it happens.

If Allen throws for a lot of yards, it clearly means we're playing from behind A LOT!!! Unfortunately, that's just the conservative nature of our coaching staff. It's worked so far... let's hope it continues in the playoffs. :thumbsup:

I do, however, think it would pretty amazing for Allen to have that type of breakout game on a national stage on the road in his first career playoff game.

Last year the Bills went with more vertical routes which allowed more space for Allen to get some runs.  They made a 180 change this year and went more with a possession style offense.

Daboll has shown that he can completely change the style of offense throughout the year.

i think they will open up the playbook and go more vertical.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I’m going out on a limb and making these predictions.   Yeah yeah, I may be wrong about both and get flamed for doing so but it won’t be the first nor the last time I’ve been wrong.

I think the Bills match up well against the Texans on both sides of the ball.

Josh Allen seems to come up big in prime time games.

Josh has faced great defenses over the past 6 weeks which will benefit him going into a relatively weak defensive opponent.

They will be playing in a controlled environment with no weather impediments.

Josh has progressively been getting better with his deeper passes.

McD has changed the motto from Playoff caliber to Championship caliber.   To me that signals that in order for that to happen both the offense and defense have to be playing at a higher level meaning they will play more aggressively on offense and unleash Josh Allen in the playoffs.

Go Bills!

I just hope they go out and play to win.

They aren't good enough to beat playoff teams otherwise.

Their 1st quarter offense has been PATHETIC all year and while McD may be comfortable punting the first 5 times his team he has the ball.........the defense he has built works better when the opponent falls behind and feels compelled to abandon the run.

Play it more like Thanksgiving in Dallas and not like the entire last month when their scoring offense was the worst in the NFL.

If they play it like Baltimore/Pittsburgh/New England games then I expect that the storyline will be about how embarrassing/disgusting the offense was and how not opening up the offense more in December games was a mistake. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Their 1st quarter offense has been PATHETIC all year and while McD may be comfortable punting the first 5 times his team he has the ball.........the defense he has built works better when the opponent falls behind and feels compelled to abandon the run.

Play it more like Thanksgiving in Dallas and not like the entire last month when their scoring offense was the worst in the NFL.

If they play it like Baltimore/Pittsburgh/New England games then I expect that the storyline will be about how embarrassing/disgusting the offense was and how not opening up the offense more in December games was a mistake. 

Yep

They have been playing “Playoff caliber” football.

If they want to beat the better teams then they have to play “Championship caliber” football meaning they have to now play to win and open it up on offense.   It’s the only shot they have if they plan on making a run in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yep

They have been playing “Playoff caliber” football.

If they want to beat the better teams then they have to play “Championship caliber” football meaning they have to now play to win and open it up on offense.   It’s the only shot they have if they plan on making a run in the playoffs.

Keep the pressure on Houston.

Thinking punting 3 times in the first quarter is winning because you are getting some stops will just ease the natural pressure on a Texans.........who have lost 2 of their 3 home playoff games under O'Brien.

In those losses the Chiefs and Colts came out swinging and surprisingly took the Texans right out of the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We should win if for no other reason then Peterman not playing. We dominated Watson all day with 7 sacks, 12 hits and 2 ints. Peterman's pic 6 lost us the game. Protect Josh and blitz Watson.

They have a better o-line now and Watson wasn't 100% physically going into that game because his line was horrible.  I expect a better outing from their offense.  Rewatching the highlights our offense was putrid in the first half and the majority of the second half.  It also reminded me of how much talent we've added since last year and how much Josh has improved.  We're going to have to put up around 24 points or more to win and that's certainly doable against this defense.  

It will be Allen's first playoff game so you might see some overthrows to begin the game as the adrenaline will be high I'm sure.  I'd like to see Daboll call a game similar to how he attacked the Giants and the Cowboys where he spread them out and limited their defensive substitutions with the hurry up offense.  Establish the pass to set up the run.  Daboll has to be aggressive and trust Josh not to turn the ball.

The Texans will try to establish the run early like the Pats did to open up their passing game.  Hopefully our offense gives us a lead and the Texans have to play catch up.  That way we can dial up some blitzes and make Watson uncomfortable in the pocket.  I'm confident Hyde and Poyer will be able to stop most of the deep passes that the Texans are known for this year.

I'm predicting a 27-20 Bills win with a pick by Hyde to end the game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree with this.  Now is the time for the "play fearless" mantra to actually mean something.  McD's nature is to not do anything foolish to put the team in a bad situation, but he needs to insist that the Bills take control of the game on both sides of the ball.  It also means Josh needs to figure out why he has "early game jitters" and fix it.  I'd like the Bills to come out the way they did in the first game of the season...remember how they opened against the Jets with Josh completing five or six short passes to get into a rhythm?  Now, obviously, they then had some bad plays but I want to see that sort of mentality this week and throughout the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This guy is so negative

• Like (+1) 1

Bills 31 Tex 20

Go Bills!!!