Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers - First Half

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Meanwhile, Fitz in Tampa looks very good again.  Sigh

1 minute ago, Idandria said:

Fitz sucks and it won’t last. Trust me in this one. 

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Until they make him the starter.

Consolidated them for ya JinJ.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, VW82 said:

McCoy had one edge rusher to beat in open space which he did (because the guy thought he had the ball). Instead Allen kept it, got chased out and threw it into double coverage. Pretty sure the right call was Shady there. 

No he was about to be tackled, the guy let up and pursued Allan when he didn’t give McCoy the ball, the play was blocked poorly and was no win...

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think everything is moving too quick for him. Needs to trust his guys and trust himself. He has talent you can see that much

Why the hell would he trust his guys?  Have you seen these jackasses play?  

That's probably his biggest problem right now...his reads include seeing which receiver is choosing to run his routes that play, and which linemen are bothering to block.  This is why you don't put rookies in train-wreck offices - you teach them bad habits.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Nihilarian said:

It looked like Dawkins chose the wrong guy to block as Ducasse was blocking air. O lines fault. 

The announcer is full of crap as Allen had no time to make any throw

Well you see from the very moment he had the ball he should of been throwing to him. I mean he should just assume his O-line is going to colossally screw up.

5 minutes ago, par73 said:

Some of this has to be on the coaching.

This is all on McDuffus and the Beanstalk.  Murphy and Lololaylay both suck and should return their paycheck. The o-line is the worst in the league and we've got a promising Young quarterback who's going to make a lot of mistakes and take his lumps. The NFL should feel sorry for us and give us two pics on each round considering we're basically just an expansion team.

Just now, phypon said:

No kidding, right!  The entire team knows the snap count EXCEPT the center.  It's JA's fault....smh...

Came in here to say the same. Then says sack was Joshs fault because Chargers brought an extremely guy and we didn't have enough blockers. Actually Ducasse wasn't blocking anyone. Dawkins took the wrong guy. Dion had struggled today. Mills may be our best linemen

32 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

well I knew they would lose but I have to admit they look way worse than I ever could have feared.

I'm not that down on it. Josh Allen isn't making huge mistakes. He's making rookie mistakes during his first game (missing some open reads). He's still not making dumb throws or taking delay of games. It's a process with him. The rest of the team, I can't speak for. The o and d lines look lost. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We need you more now than ever MAJBobby. Hell we need Yeezus. And we need Dirty Old B to keep up is anger freakouts.. I do worry about his heart condition due to chronic anger. Hope he stays healthy.

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Did Josh Allen do something to Burlein? He is disparaging Allen about everything, even when he admits he doesn’t know it is Allen’s fault

I never liked him as a QB and I like him less as an announcer. He really sucks and I dunno why he puts all the blame on a rookie QB when clearly others are at fault at times. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

This is why you don't put rookies in train-wreck offices - you teach them bad habits.

That's what happened in his senior year at Wyoming as well.    He regressed from his junior year by trying to carry a bad team on his back...

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

It looked like Dawkins chose the wrong guy to block as Ducasse was blocking air. O lines fault. 

The announcer is full of crap as Allen had no time to make any throw

He is saying the defense is stacked to blitz.  The play call was to the right but he should have gone to the hot read left.  A veteran QB know that.  Give Allen time