What do you think of when you see this pic?

• Dablitzkrieg changed the title to What do you think of when you see this pic?

I see yet another boring marketing ploy, it no different that the old Rolling Stones tune Satisfaction, “ …telling me some useless information, that’s supposed  to drive my imagination…,

… some man telling me how white my shirts can be, but he can’t be a man cause he doesn’t smoke the same cigarettes as me…,  

some folk fall for this sort of crap, what are ya gonna do? 

26 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Bills traded away pick that was used to select GOAT player. 

I understand the situation at the time but it just adds to the misery of a franchise that is a punchline.

Yeah. But we wouldn’t have landed Josh, who I’d much rather have.

Also, doesn’t mean PM would have been as good as he is in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

It's #1 on Sean's legacy if he never wins a Super Bowl.

1: Trading Mahomes pick

2: Breaking 17-year playoff drought

3: Blowing 13 seconds

4: Wasting the Josh/Diggs window with a rookie OC

Mahomes would have no Super Bowls if we drafted him to. So, not so sure why so many people attack McDermott for that

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

McDermott should have beaten this guy in the playoffs TWICE.  Coach better start getting the big wins.

totally agree.  This is not the Pats**, we had them beat twice before McD blows it.  

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Time is supposedly a global magazine. 

Mahomes is a sportsman and entertains  sports fans. His influence is in a sports world. In the grand scheme of things, with so many social and political things going on in the normal world, the importance of his zone of influence is miniscule. 

For Time to name him a top 100 influential person (of the world) is an indication of how far that magazine has fallen. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Curse of the Bambino.

ARod’s journalism career is really taking off.

Actually, the curse of the Bambino wasn't a one man heist like this was.   The forgotten story is that the Yankees actually stole the Red Sox brain trust and a lot of other really good players in the next few seasons and didn't turn into a dynasty in earnest until they had pretty much picked the Red Sox bones clean.     It would be like if the Bills got Brady and THEN took Belichick and Scarnecchia and Gronk and a bunch of other key players.    That gutting, combined with a Red Sox owner that was more interested in other things than baseball doomed the Red Sox to decades of losing.

I used to draw the comparison to the Bills passing on Marino for Kelly and then watching Marino quickly have the greatest single season of any QB ever and reach a SB while Kelly was off playing in another league altogether.   They essentially gift wrapped Marino to their biggest rival by not selecting him.........so very similar.   The only hope was that when Allen caught up the Bills would "out-personnel" the Chiefs the way the Bills did with the Dolphins(despite the Fish having the greatest HC of his time and the better passer).   Unfortunately,  the Chiefs have done a good job with personnel to stay one step ahead of the Bills the whole time.  

This situation is just so unique.........having a draft pick you traded away prevent you from probably winning 2 SB's.   Much of the league's fans don't see it that way because the Bills are bowing out of the playoffs early........but that's what's happened.   They probably win 2 of the last 3 at least without Mahomes in the way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually, the curse of the Bambino wasn't a one man heist like this was.   The forgotten story is that the Yankees actually stole the Red Sox brain trust and a lot of other really good players in the next few seasons and didn't turn into a dynasty in earnest until they had pretty much picked the Red Sox bones clean.     It would be like if the Bills got Brady and THEN took Belichick and Scarnecchia and Gronk and a bunch of other key players.    That gutting, combined with a Red Sox owner that was more interested in other things than baseball doomed the Red Sox to decades of losing.

I used to draw the comparison to the Bills passing on Marino for Kelly and then watching Marino quickly have the greatest single season of any QB ever and reach a SB while Kelly was off playing in another league altogether.   They essentially gift wrapped Marino to their biggest rival by not selecting him.........so very similar.   The only hope was that when Allen caught up the Bills would "out-personnel" the Chiefs the way the Bills did with the Dolphins(despite the Fish having the greatest HC of his time and the better passer).   Unfortunately,  the Chiefs have done a good job with personnel to stay one step ahead of the Bills the whole time.  

This situation is just so unique.........having a draft pick you traded away prevent you from probably winning 2 SB's.   Much of the league's fans don't see it that way because the Bills are bowing out of the playoffs early........but that's what's happened.   They probably win 2 of the last 3 at least without Mahomes in the way.

It’s doubly painful that the Bills traded him to a team that was 10 steps ahead of the Bills from a talent standpoint at the time. Jones, Kelce and Hill, their cornerstone HoFers were all there. I think they’ve still out done us in personnel but the gap shrank considerably just by virtue of standard NFL erosion and different team building timelines.

It’s like if the Dolphins traded us Marino while we had Reed, Thurman and Bruce already on the roster as a perennial playoff team. 

Even if Mahomes is in the NFC, on a team like the Saints, maybe he still stands in our way in the SB but it would feel much more like an all-time rivalry. Allen V Mahomes in the final game of the year. And with a Dennis Allen or Sean Payton and that roster, we would have the edge on personnel.

Ultimately, we birthed the generational dynasty. Much like the Jets did when they knocked out Drew Bledsoe (and they still are miserable about it.)

And this graphic is pain.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s doubly painful that the Bills traded him to a team that was 10 steps ahead of the Bills from a talent standpoint at the time. Jones, Kelce and Hill, their cornerstone HoFers were all there. I think they’ve still out done us in personnel but the gap shrank considerably just by virtue of standard NFL erosion and different team building timelines.

It’s like if the Dolphins traded us Marino while we had Reed, Thurman and Bruce already on the roster as a perennial playoff team. 

Even if Mahomes is in the NFC, on a team like the Saints, maybe he still stands in our way in the SB but it would feel much more like an all-time rivalry. Allen V Mahomes in the final game of the year. And with a Dennis Allen or Sean Payton and that roster, we would have the edge on personnel.

Ultimately, we birthed the generational dynasty. Much like the Jets did when they knocked out Drew Bledsoe (and they still are miserable about it.)

The 5th turned out to be Tommy Doyle and Edmunds lead to our extra 4th this year so the trade still keeps giving for us for now.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh well in that case!

So many variables if we took Mahomes at 10 though as could be debated we'd never gotten a 3rd for Tyrod as doubt Mahomes sits on bench his rookie year here. Also with no White on defense is it what we've seen? Do we still trade up for Edmunds or take another LB? I'll say it. I don't think Patrick Mahomes have the success we've seen him have in KC if we took him instead.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think you are forgetting that the Dolphins were the AFC's best team already when they got Marino.    And they had Shula, who was then considered possibly the greatest coach of all-time.  They had just reached the SB with Strock and Woodley as their QB's.

The 2016 Chiefs were ahead of the Bills.........but by a slimmer margin than some may recall.  The teams had been closely bunched talent-wise in the years prior to McBeane tearing the Bills roster down in 2017.   Those Bills/Chiefs games were closely contested and often ended up separating the playoff team from the non-playoff team during Marrone/Rex years.

But yes, ultimately the Bills ended up birthing a Chiefs dynasty.  Probably because McDermott felt inclined to help his buddy Andy.   That could have been the result in the 1980's with Marino though too.    

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So many variables if we took Mahomes at 10 though as could be debated we'd never gotten a 3rd for Tyrod as doubt Mahomes sits on bench his rookie year here. Also with no White on defense is it what we've seen? Do we still trade up for Edmunds or take another LB? I'll say it. I don't think Patrick Mahomes have the success we've seen him have in KC if we took him instead.

He probably doesn’t have the same success he had in KC. But we also don’t send him to an in-conference rival with a  stacked roster to send us home every year. 

the point isn’t, “if we drafted Mahomes do we have 4 SB trips?” 

The point is, “if we send Mahomes literally anywhere other than the Chiefs with future HoF players and a HoF coach, are the Bills getting sent home by the Chiefs every year?”

And the answer to that is obvious, imo.