Feed The Pit

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

And by 2026, the new stadium will be completed. And they’ll tell us that it’s still called Highmark Stadium. But we’ll all know its true name: the Pit

I actually hope that catches on.

"The pit" is a badass name. So was "The rockpile". 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

‘The Pitt’ as a nickname for the stadium may stick 😂🤣

I would not hate that. 

Bills Mafia, and I say this lovingly as part of them, is F******* weird man. 

I love us for that. Black magic cthonian ritual for a Super Bowl? Sign me up!

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I actually hope that catches on.

"The pit" is a badass name. So was "The rockpile". 

It says "Come to our house. We call it the Pit. Imagine what you'll call it. We are going to drag you through mud and wind and snow and then lay you on a table for our fans to smash"

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

And by 2026, the new stadium will be completed. And they’ll tell us that it’s still called Highmark Stadium. But we’ll all know its true name: the Pit

And never lose another game!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

With Patrick Mahomes coming to town, only an unblemished virgin is acceptable this week.

Can we throw Taylor, Brittney and Jackson Mahomes into the pit and it’s a win-win for everyone?

14 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Can we throw Taylor, Brittney and Jackson Mahomes into the pit and it’s a win-win for everyone?

I mean Jackson Mahomes is absolutely someone you could see accidentally falling in a pit high on something covered in feces.

5 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

So, Buffalo wins the SB this year; The new stadium will be known as, "The Pit", Where many virgin Bills fans were sacrificed! 

Instead of 60 ft tall Buffalos how about an alter?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You do realize that when the pit gets filled up and foundation has been poured, we are doomed to 17 new years of drought, similar to excavation of indigenous burial grounds of yesteryear? 🤔 

What’s our workaround going to be??

If we win it all I won’t care it will be a new generation problem. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You do realize that when the pit gets filled up and foundation has been poured, we are doomed to 17 new years of drought, similar to excavation of indigenous burial grounds of yesteryear? 🤔 

What’s our workaround going to be??

Field level is still below ground, so it doesn't matter how far down The Pit will be, just that it is a pit.  

58 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Instead of 60 ft tall Buffalos how about an alter?

Diving board along the top of the stadium.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Thank you (+1) 2

"That's Good Sports" has a graphic for Feed the Pit, but I can't bring it up at work.

Also, I think it only works with willing sacrifices, and would not want to test that mojo with unwilling ones.

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Oh!  That was the aforementioned graphic!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

I'll post just the intro, but there's obviously more to the article. Just thought it was funny that this has picked up enough national steam to warrant an article on The Ringer.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/1/18/24042427/buffalo-bills-pit-highmark-stadium-2024-nfl-playoffs-josh-allen

Orchard Park, New York, is a strange place. First of all, not a ton of orchards there, in my experience. Far more Tim Hortonses. But more specifically, Orchard Park is an unassuming bit of flat land located 12 miles away from downtown Buffalo. Founded in 1803 by a man named Didymus and his wife, Phebe, it sits just off of Lake Erie, in the heart of a snow band that consistently pummels the area while other nearby towns remain dry. The wind swirls mercilessly and painfully. And as the home to the Buffalo Bills and Highmark Stadium (née Ralph Wilson Stadium), Orchard Park is a plastic-table graveyard that also regularly sees grown men covered in ketchup and mustard, hard liquors of all colors consumed out of bowling pins, and a man/child/golden retriever who’s so gloriously ungainly that his juke moves are confused for fake slides.

But currently, there’s something going on that’s weird even by Orchard Park standards. Something supernatural. Something that eludes explanation and exceeds whatever good mojo might come from donating to opposing players’ charities and whatever bad mojo might come from still having O.J. Simpson’s name emblazoned on your team’s Wall of Fame.

There is a pit now, and it must be fed.

And you’re telling me this hole in the ground has magical properties?

Yes, I am. The Buffalo Bills came into the season as one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Then Aaron Rodgers tore his Achilles in a game against the Bills in Week 1, and everything went ***** bonkers: The Bills lost that game on an overtime punt return; then, in a blowout win over the Dolphins in Week 4, cornerback Tre’Davious White tore his Achilles (and linebacker Matt Milano broke his leg a week later); and then the Bills went on to lose games to the Jaguars, THE PATRIOTS, and, most embarrassingly, the Broncos (on a last-second field goal that happened only because the Bills had 12 men on the field on the previous missed attempt). Buffalo fired offensive coordinator and expected-points-added merchant Ken Dorsey after that loss to Denver, even though he had no connection to the special teams unit (but let’s not get into that).

After another overtime loss, to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Bills went into their bye at 6-6, with just a 15 percent chance to make the playoffs and with games remaining against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Miami Dolphins.

Somehow, the Bills haven’t lost in the six games since. They took down the Dolphins in Week 18 to win their fourth straight AFC East title and then last weekend defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the wild-card round. They’re now set to host the Chiefs—a team previously responsible for reiterating how cursed the Bills franchise is—in the first true road playoff game in Patrick Mahomes’s career.

As the thinking goes, this is all thanks to the Pit.

Excellent season recap, so many bizarre and mostly negative outcomes on very close games.  Amazing we survived this long and the Bills could in fact host every playoff game to the Super Bowl.

Seems like we have survived so much and got this far almost a team of destiny.  Then again I though the same thing after the comeback game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

What happens when the pit is filled with snow?

The Pit can never be filled. It is insatiable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.