Anyone else have a good feeling about the Titans vs. Jags?

JMM

Say what you want about Vrabel as a HC at times but he has team always ready to play and very physical.  He's quoted this week how much he hates losing and wants to win badly.  In addition Tannehill is going to start. In a one game situation he can be very dynamic and carve a team up. He realizes this is probably his last game with them and wants to go out with a win. They are home.  And Trevor Lawrence is beat up and really hasn't played that well this year(except against the Bills of course 🙄). I think there is a real good chance they pull off the upset and the Bills are in the playoffs before they kick it off. Would be nice to know that then can go get that #2 seed!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

I think the best chance for the Bills to clinch a playoff spot before Sunday night is with the Ravens. Their backups aren't bad, and they will play hard to knock out their hated rivals. I don't see the Jaguars losing to a bad Titans team especially if Lawrence is back.

• Agree 1

My mate who is a huge Jags fan (one of the few London Jags that pre-dates them playing here) is terrified about this game. Says that if the Titans bring it the Jags will crumble as they have zero ability to beat physical football teams. 

I haven't watched much Jags football this year to know if he is right.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I do. Duval Barbie isn't feeling well. The team has struggled lately. 

On the other hand...Vrabel is going to do what he can to win. He's going to have his team ready to play and play hard. I don't see them quitting and running for the bus.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I’m just glad we are playing Sunday night so we will absolutely know if we need a win or not. But, I do think Vrabel will have Tennessee fired up and play the jags tough. I just don’t think they will win 

I’m expecting jax to win because they need it, but I definitely think the titans have a chance.  Tannehill is playing for a contract next season. The jags D hasn’t been playing very well in recent weeks (up until playing Carolina last week)

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My mate who is a huge Jags fan (one of the few London Jags that pre-dates them playing here) is terrified about this game. Says that if the Titans bring it the Jags will crumble as they have zero ability to beat physical football teams. 

I agree that the Jags are a soft team. I think that may change under Pederson - and, quite frankly, I’m more than a little surprised that it hasn’t already - but they are still soft. 

45 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Just win.  Screw other teams, we need the #2 seed

I agree. the 2 seed is vital for winning the Super Bowl. can it be done otherwise ? sure but it makes it a lot easier. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Ryan Tannehill wants to give the Titans organization one last win for the road. He’s reflecting on his five years in Tennessee and hopes to win one more. Said as such this week in an interview. 

Yeah hopefully it's a nostalgic inspiring game for Tannehill & Vrabel.  But personally I'm tired of other teams having to help us. If we can't beat Miami, we don't deserve the playoffs. 

Nope because as crappy as the Jaguars have played in recent weeks, all they have to do is win this game to lock up the AFCS and secure the #4 seed and home playoff game. And they probably have a better shot with Beathard playing again since Laurence is still banged up.

If the Bills get help the better option, and more probable IMO is the Steelers losing on the road to the Ravens backups.

Bills chances of beating Miami increase if the Steelers and Jags win imo.  In almost every single case Allen has needed to bring the team down the field this year he has done it.  FG v the Jets to force OT, twice against the Jags to keep us in it, twice against the Pats, against the Broncos, fourth quarter v the Bengals, twice against the Eagles, giants in the second half, chargers last drive. The offense is at its best when desperate and backed against a wall.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah hopefully it's a nostalgic inspiring game for Tannehill & Vrabel.  But personally I'm tired of other teams having to help us. If we can't beat Miami, we don't deserve the playoffs. 

Week 18 is the same in value as any other week. I always pull for help against teams the Bills are competing with. A top 7 finish is deserving of a playoff spot because it’s a playoff spot, regardless who lost and when. Get in the playoffs and you have a chance. Better than having to wait an entire offseason to get another crack at it. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have no feelings. Keeping my mind free and clear. 

The mud elephant 

wading through the sea

leaves no tracks 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KellyToTasker said:

Ryan Tannehill wants to give the Titans organization one last win for the road. He’s reflecting on his five years in Tennessee and hopes to win one more. Said as such this week in an interview. 

With recency bias being a thing, I'm sure he would also like to put some good game film out there for a decent contract in the off-season. I haven't read that he's retiring.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Jacksonville is a really weird team. At times, they look like the best team in football. Other times, they can’t get out of their own way. They have really struggled since Lawrence got his high ankle sprain against cinci a few weeks back. I could see the Titans winning this game easily

Titans are a well coached and physical team. Last game of the year and a chance to knock a division rival out of the playoffs? Especially since Jacksonville knocked them out last year, they will be highly motivated 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I don't expect any help this weekend ... I expect the Steelers and Jaguars to both win so it'll be up to the Bills ... Win and in, lose and seasons over.

It is the NFL so the Steelers and/or Jags losing is very realistic I'm actually starting to lean it one will happen. Harbaugh and Vrabel aren't the type to gift a win to division foes.

From a Bills perspective shouldn't matter. The players have been in must win mode since the bye and not for a playoff spot rather the division and Super Bowl. Beating the Dolphins Sunday has been circled on the calendar for the past 6 weeks without thought of losing an backing into the payoffs parachute. Sunday is simply a playoff game in my mind survive and move on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Jacksonville is a really weird team. At times, they look like the best team in football. Other times, they can’t get out of their own way. They have really struggled since Lawrence got his high ankle sprain against cinci a few weeks back. I could see the Titans winning this game easily

Titans are a well coached and physical team. Last game of the year and a chance to knock a division rival out of the playoffs? Especially since Jacksonville knocked them out last year, they will be highly motivated 

Sounds familiar...

27 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I think it was 2015.  The Bills were eliminated but they knocked the Jets out of the playoffs last game of the season.  That was very satisfying and it was a bright spot in yet another bleak season.   I think the Titans will be motivated. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Just win.  Screw other teams, we need the #2 seed

Agree on the 2-seed! But.......if the Steelers and Jags win, I'll be an absolute emotional wreck by Sunday nite kickoff. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.