Ben Johnson wants 15m per to be HC (internet rumor denied by agent)

billsbackto81

Posting this cause I remember a few mentioning how they like to see as a McD replacement. Talk about shooting for the stars! 15 per 😱

Woof..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-offensive-coordinator-ben-johnson-apparently-wants-at-least-15-million-per-year-to-be-a-head-coach/

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

No facts in the article. Just speculation...

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

LaCanfora trained this guy well

Well, it does say some NFL owner have been TOLD. 

Not some NFL owners are speculating. 

No source mentioned though,  so I'll give you that, but it's not that far fetched. He's the hot name right now.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

A guy that doesn't even know how to use his RBs properly? The way Jahmyr Gibbs has been used all season long is criminal. I get easing him in but by game 5 or 6, he should have been rolling but for some reason, this guy and Campbell have major hard ons for Montgomery 

You drafted Gibbs relatively high in FF, didn’t you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I love the Lions.  I loved them last year...heck even back when they were struggling to end their draught.

However, this guy has 1.5 good years going for him (fine) and still isn't at the apex of the league (but close) and they have yet to see their first playoff game.

Let the GMs and the owners know in the room when it comes time.  Don't be a douche and have it "escape" out into the world like this.

...ya douche.

Doucherson.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Somewhat smart to ask for a high amount of money as the more money a team is giving you the more they have invested in you and the more you have a chance to succeed. But that doesn’t always work out and if your price is too high teams will not give you an offer as you are still just an up and coming coordinator. 

There are only 32 NFL HC jobs out there so you can’t be too selective either.

50 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Well, it does say some NFL owner have been TOLD. 

Not some NFL owners are speculating. 

No source mentioned though,  so I'll give you that, but it's not that far fetched. He's the hot name right now.

It’s all hearsay/speculation till it isn’t, 

I'd do it. Who cares, Pegs is filthy rich and this doesn't count against the cap. 

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

For how vital a head coach is I'm surprised they don't already make this.  If Kyle Shanahan said give me 40 million a year on my next extension or I'll quit would the 49ers move on?

Right, he should be asking for the moon. I would easily pay him 3-4 times what McD makes to have him instead. Can you imagine him with Josh?

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Smart guy.  

If you want him, pay him.  That kind of money shouldn’t matter for a HC that doesn’t count against the cap imo.  If teams want him bad enough, they’ll pay him that.  And they will

college kids are getting paid millions to play college sports nowadays.  Then they transfer and make millions more if they aren’t happy.

USC paid Malachi Nelson millions to take classes at USC and watch USC games….. he then said “see ya” and entered the transfer portal.  

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I'd do it. Who cares, Pegs is filthy rich and this doesn't count against the cap. 

You would.  Terry has his coach

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Not the point. You can clearly see who the better RB is and they don't use him properly 

Was just a jibe and not the seriousness of your point. 

Gibbs is decent and is seeing more production whilst still giving Monty significant snaps. You make it

sound like he’s a pitiful RB. 

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love the Lions.  I loved them last year...heck even back when they were struggling to end their draught.

However, this guy has 1.5 good years going for him (fine) and still isn't at the apex of the league (but close) and they have yet to see their first playoff game.

Let the GMs and the owners know in the room when it comes time.  Don't be a douche and have it "escape" out into the world like this.

...ya douche.

Doucherson.

Idk if it’s just unlucky when I watch them and my perception is skewed but it feels like the lions have a way better oline than the team that ends up hiring Ben Johnson will and when I’ve seen them play that Detroit oline didnt dominate and they get demolished 

I feel like most OCs in the league would look like a genius with an oline near the top in the nfl 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

A guy that doesn't even know how to use his RBs properly? The way Jahmyr Gibbs has been used all season long is criminal. I get easing him in but by game 5 or 6, he should have been rolling but for some reason, this guy and Campbell have major hard ons for Montgomery 

Tell me you’re a disgruntled fantasy football player without telling me you’re a disgruntled fantasy football player.

Many of you are missing the point. You’re right, he probably won’t get $15 million, but I doubt he even had the intention of actually getting that much. My guess is this is an early negotiating tactic by him and his agent-good chance this will get him more than what he would’ve gotten otherwise 

• Agree 2

If I'm a team with an expected vacancy and this report is put out by "his people" this is an immediate red flag to me.

For the record, don't care what the rumored demands are. What I would care about is that he is a coach, moving to playoff football and seems concerned with playing with media to jockey for a higher contract with his next team. It's really not the best optics if I'm doing the hiring. 

And I understand that sometimes agents go rogue and play these games. I'd question if he can't control the agent that works "for him" how could he command control over an entire team.

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Posting this cause I remember a few mentioning how they like to see as a McD replacement. Talk about shooting for the stars! 15 per 😱

Woof..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-offensive-coordinator-ben-johnson-apparently-wants-at-least-15-million-per-year-to-be-a-head-coach/

Well you have to admit his two seasons as OC positioning the Lions as the one seed in the NFC and taking them to the NFC Championship game then the Superbowl were 🔥

Oh.  Wait.

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Woof..

This reminded me of the report (not sure it is true) that Caleb Williams (or his Dad) wants any team that drafts him to give him an ownership interest.

In other words, this is completely self-defeating unless he were to walk that back.

• Simon changed the title to Ben Johnson wants 15m per to be HC (internet rumor denied by agent)
16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We just got done beating Kansas City and Dallas

Head coaching is not going to be question going into the off-season

So far all we’ve learned from this thread is that some people still hate McD and that at least one guy drafted Jahmyr Gibbs in fantasy. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

15 mill per year.  4-5 year contract.  $60-$75 million and may be on the street in 3 years?  

Nope.

Can’t believe any team would be foolish enough for an u proven dude.

The Browns seem to have a decent thing going with Stefanski, so they’ll probably kick him to the curb and bring in Ben Johnson for 15 per.

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Woof..

Goes with new $2 Billion stadium.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.