Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I’m rooting for Dallas to stomp Eagles. This will have Dallas super confident and relaxed for the colonoscopy we’ll give them. 

if they lose they will have basically no shot at the division...That is really deflating knowing they might have to beat sf and philly on the road to accomplish anything.

They are a team that plays better at home and they are major front runners.  A big heartbreaking loss and a trip to deal with allen could be a major problem for them.

having said that I expect Dallas to possibly score 40 tonight

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Can someone explain this ‘mismanagement of time’. You’re playing to score 7 there any way you can with the full playbook open.  Chiefs would’ve had plenty of time to match with a fg no matter what we did 

2:12 left...... Chiefs have 2 TOs.

Run the ball on 1st down to the 2 minute warning.

Run the ball on 2nd down.  Force the Chiefs to use a TO.

Run the ball again.  Force the Chiefs to use their last TO.

If you just pick up that last first down, you can take a knee.....run the clock down to a couple seconds and kick a short game winning FG with no time left for them to get the ball back.

Instead, they passed every time, didn't get the first down, left them with basically a full 2 minutes and 2 TOs to go on a potential game winning drive.

Worst case if we didn't get the 1st down running on those 3 plays would be giving them the ball with just about a minute left and no TOs.  Sure, no guarantees, of course, but it would have been a much better situation at worst.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

You are playing Mahomes in Kansas City. After they just lost. How much better do you want the defense to play? A shutout?

We also lost 2 more starters during this game. 

You misinterpret what I said.  I never said the defense didn't play well.  I said they held the 12th ranked offense to 5 points below their average.  I also said we got lucky Toney lined up Offside or we lose that game.  To continue the thought so you understand... I thought the defense played well and our Offense crapped the bed after a fast start.  Both sides of the ball will need to do better next week because Dallas has a good D but more importantly has the best offense in the NFL.  We still got lucky in this game regardless of how well the D played overall.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s a great win and I’m really proud of this defense for rallying and getting a W. Season is still probably over but at least we get 1 more week to enjoy.

If they win out, they’re for sure in. They can do it, definitely have the talent too. Agreed, it’s week to week, but we have a legitimate shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

No doubt I'll get hammered for this take but....

1. O-line got mauled.

2. D-line fell off the cliff again in the second half. Zero sacks.

3. Receivers MIA.

Pyrrhic victory. We're not threatening the top teams with this level of play.

Although, on the plus side, there were a couple of Von sightings in the second half. We need that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ToGoGo said:

I hope this isn’t in bad taste, but if you believe in synchronicities, is it a coincidence Frank Wycheck passed away on the day a miracle lateral against us was called back. 

Almost like a curse taken off our backs. 

Ill take it. It took Diago Maradona's death for Argentina to win again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, appoo said:

Something very wrong with Diggs. His route tree is extremely limited and he’s not as quick as he was

He ABSOLUTELY has lost a step. Davis is a ghost so he also is getting doubled constantly.  But I have never seen him drop so many balls this year.

Apparently Bills are only capable of winning games on D against KC and Mahomes and nobody else in the last 2 minutes...I believe the last win they had in this situation with the D getting off the field was against KC where they got an INT last year 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Like a vaguely get what he's saying about the penalty, but at the same time when you look at the penalty he's not even ***** close to where he's supposed to be, there was no way he was getting away with being there.

You don’t understand, there is an unwritten rule that the Chiefs need to be allowed to have “great” plays regardless of penalties. That’s what they’re saying between the lines. 

Coddled babies. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just amazing.  the Bills somehow failed their way in the second half into an improbable one score , end of game win.  Other than one Allen throw and the Taron fumble recovery we kinda sucked in the second half.  Great to see Toney with the dumbass pre snap penalty.  In a weird way, it kind of offsets our pre snap 12- men on the field that gave Denver a win, like football balancing itself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

I hope this isn’t in bad taste, but if you believe in synchronicities, is it a coincidence Frank Wycheck passed away on the day a miracle lateral against us was called back. 

Almost like a curse taken off our backs. 

It is certainly a weird ass coincidence.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Like a vaguely get what he's saying about the penalty, but at the same time when you look at the replay he's not even ***** close to where he's supposed to be, there was no way he was getting away with being there.

Yeah, that's what Romo said.  He commented that refs sometimes don't want to call ticky tack penalties in that situation but that was so blatant they had to call it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Congratulations.  It went like I thought.  KC wrs can’t get out of their own way.  Same thing all year.  Lots of good results for the Bills.  May just be your year yet.

KC fans about ready for the Chiefs to cut Hilarius Toney yet or is that on the refs too?    No excuse ever to line up that close to the ball there.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.