Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would be very surprised. I think we will get completely screwed the next 2 games with calls. Better be almost perfect because we are going to get no favors in either of these dumps

it’s a foregone conclusion against the Chiefs…

56 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Well, lots of people thought we didn't stand a chance against the Bengals and they were right. Eagles will be tough, but I think we're getting them at a good time. Coming off a big win against kc, could catch them sleeping a little bit 

Im one of them.   Hate this team against the Bengals, and specifically Joe Burrow with those WR’s & Lou Anarumo. 

Jalen Hurts is not Joe Burrow and they don’t have Anarumo, who’s proven he can confuse us and out-coach (Dorsey). 

The reason, imo, that Burrow has success against Allen & Mahomes is that he has the best DC to go up against elite QB’s in the NFL and he’s willing to do, all game, what Allen & Mahomes have to forced, against their will, to do… take what’s there. 

Philly is not Cinci and I have reason for optimism based on how we looked against the Jets with Brady .. along with Joseph/Douglas looking like they “may” make a difference in getting our defense back to a level that we can somewhat count on. 

41 minutes ago, Success said:

That's extreme.  Philly is a great team, and they're also overrated.  Both things can be true.

The Bills - when they play their game - are on Philly's level.  We can compete w/ anyone.  And we're catching them at a perfect time.

I won't consider it some big upset if we get the W.

EDIT:  Schoop's comment is extreme - not your post.

How are we catching them at a perfect time? They're 9-1, won 4 straight  coming off big road win in KC. This won't be a "letdown" or "trap" game for Eagles

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Going to be a tough game away against what is thus far the best team in the league. But the Bills are coming off a massive confidence boosting game with a fresh OC and a defense playing well. The team has a legit chance. Got to come out and command the lead at the half and establish time of possession. Going to come down to a lot of factors and critical plays.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Well, lots of people thought we didn't stand a chance against the Bengals and they were right. Eagles will be tough, but I think we're getting them at a good time. Coming off a big win against kc, could catch them sleeping a little bit 

I mean, we lost by one score to the Bengals. If Kincaid doesn’t get the ball knocked out of his hands around the Bengals’ 10 yd line, there’s a pretty good chance we end up winning that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, nucci said:

How are we catching them at a perfect time? They're 9-1, won 4 straight  coming off big road win in KC. This won't be a "letdown" or "trap" game for Eagles

Short week, after an emotional victory against the team that beat them in the SB, and a week before what will likely be their biggest competitor in the NFC if they want to make it back to the big game?

That is a textbook trap game.

• Like (+1) 2

I liked how angry we came out against the Jets. Maybe firing Dorsey gave us a focus we didn't have earlier. We have been wildly inconsistent all year.

I don't know which version of the team will show up. I know that we are talented enough to pull off a win. Will our coaches design a game plan masterpiece like the Dolphins game or lay an egg like the Pats game?

My instincts tell me we haven't earned the right to hang with teams like the Eagles but I also know if we are angry and focused enough we can win. The Eagles aren't going 16 - 1. They won't be up for us like they were against KC. If we don't turn the ball over we can win.

34 minutes ago, nucci said:

It's possible with a short week and emotional Monday night game there us a let down, but not banking on it.

The Eagles seem to do something well that we have struggled with, playing down to the wire and finishing games.

They have a lot of confidence and a great record, but I think every team is beatable this year and many of their wins have been close - we will see.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Short week, after an emotional victory against the team that beat them in the SB, and a week before what will likely be their biggest competitor in the NFC if they want to make it back to the big game?

Ya but the Bills are not some crap team to be overlooked. Eagles will be ready 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We seemed to play more 3 LB sets against the Jets. That was a beautiful sight to see. Our LBs are fast enough to cover and this helped against the run so much. Theres no need to constantly be in nickel. I hope this is the plan against the Eagles. I’ll take my chances with our guys on the outside but I do not want Philly to run it down our throats. If they can get us on skates with the run, we are dead. I’m cool with making hurts beat us through the air. I’ll take my chances.

I would be very surprised. I think we will get completely screwed the next 2 games with calls. Better be almost perfect because we are going to get no favors in either of these dumps

Wouldn’t doubt it. This is why I feel like running the hurry up early or at random points of the game is worth it. Get to 30 points or so by any means necessary even if the defense is out there a little more than you’d like. Trust them to get some stops and then slow it down late in the game. 

It’s disgusting to think how different this season would feel right now if we’d had just one more score in almost all of our losses. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

If the Eagles had lost in KC, those same people would be saying the Bills are catching them at a bad time. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know a lot of folks here are waiting to see us do what we did last week a few times in a row before they buy back in, but I’m not one of them.

We have a much-needed bye after this game.  I’m confident we’ll leave everything on that field, and that we’ll have more to give than the Eagles.

We can score on this team, and we can stop them.  I like this matchup. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Wouldn’t doubt it. This is why I feel like running the hurry up early or at random points of the game is worth it. Get to 30 points or so by any means necessary even if the defense is out there a little more than you’d like. Trust them to get some stops and then slow it down late in the game. 

It’s disgusting to think how different this season would feel right now if we’d had just one more score in almost all of our losses. 

Well at the same time we also scored to take the lead late against the Pats and Broncos…both teams should had been stopped. Not exactly juggernauts

The Chief’s drives against the formidable Eagles defense.

Drive #1:    5 plays, Start at KC 25,  -5 yards, PUNT

Drove #2:  12 plays. Start at KC 20, 75 Yards, TD

Drive #3 :   5 plays, Start at KC 25,  3 yards gained,  PUNT

Drive #4:   9 plays, Start at KC 30, 56 yards gained, INT

Drive #5:   9 plays, Start at PHI 45, 40 yards,  TD

Drive #6:   8 plays, Start at PHI 46, 21 yards,  FG

Drive #7:   6 plays, Start at KC 21,  32 yards, PUNT

Drive #8:   5 plays, Start at KC 29,  8 yards, PUNT

Drive #9:   16 plays, Start at KC 25, 54 yards, FUM

Drive #10:    7 plays, Start at KC 37, 24 yards, PUNT

Drive #11:    6 plays, Start at KC 25, 3 yards,  PUNT

Drive #12:  9 plays, Start at KC 9, 25 yards,  Turnover on Downs

The Chiefs had good field position for most part of the day but couldn’t really move the ball.  It resulted in 6 PUNTs, 2 CDs, 1FG and an INT along with a Turnover on Downs.   The Eagles defense shut down the high powered Chiefs offense. 

The one thing I observe is that the Chiefs had a total of 12 possession, something very unusual.  It indicates that the Eagles offense also was not that great.  If the Bills can take advantage of an average PHI Offense, may be they can fend off the Eagles Defense with our own good offense.  It will be phenomenal if this team will be able to pull off an upset on Sunday evening.  Go Bills !!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The Chief’s drives against the formidable Eagles defense.

Drive #1:    5 plays, Start at KC 25,  -5 yards, PUNT

Drove #2:  12 plays. Start at KC 20, 75 Yards, TD

Drive #3 :   5 plays, Start at KC 25,  3 yards gained,  PUNT

Drive #4:   9 plays, Start at KC 30, 56 yards gained, INT

Drive #5:   9 plays, Start at PHI 45, 40 yards,  TD

Drive #6:   8 plays, Start at PHI 46, 21 yards,  FG

Drive #7:   6 plays, Start at KC 21,  32 yards, PUNT

Drive #8:   5 plays, Start at KC 29,  8 yards, PUNT

Drive #9:   16 plays, Start at KC 25, 54 yards, FUM

Drive #10:    7 plays, Start at KC 37, 24 yards, PUNT

Drive #11:    6 plays, Start at KC 25, 3 yards,  PUNT

Drive #12:  9 plays, Start at KC 9, 25 yards,  Turnover on Downs

The Chiefs had good field position for most part of the day but couldn’t really move the ball.  It resulted in 6 PUNTs, 2 CDs, 1FG and an INT along with a Turnover on Downs.   The Eagles defense shut down the high powered Chiefs offense. 

The one thing I observe is that the Chiefs had a total of 12 possession, something very unusual.  It indicates that the Eagles offense also was not that great.  If the Bills can take advantage of an average PHI Offense, may be they can fend off the Eagles Defense with our own good offense.  It will be phenomenal if this team will be able to pull off an upset on Sunday evening.  Go Bills !!!

A couple notes

One is, the Chiefs offense has not been as high-powered as usual this year.  Currently #16 for points and #10 for yards.  They have somewhat similar woes - a lot of turnovers (tied with Bills for 19), a lot of dropped passes.

It's the Chiefs defense that has been keeping them in games.  That, and Paddy Mahomes feet - he's actually #4 for QB rush yards, right behind Jackson, Hurts, and Fields.

Two is, both teams had 12 drives.  3 turnovers (fumble for the Chiefs as well as INT and and INT by Philly).  The Eagles had 7 punts to the Chiefs 6 punts.  So it would be pretty much true that the Chiefs D shut down the high-flying Eagles offense pretty well. 

The difference in the game came down to Chiefs settling for a FG to go with 2 TD where the Eagles had 3 TD

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hoping for the win but keeping the expectations modest …

I think the Bills are getting them at the right time after their big revenge road win and after a short week for them ..

Still a big test for Brady and the O..

I’m more concerned about the middle of the field on D with the Eagle WRs.

18 hours ago, Logic said:

From an emotional and momentum standpoint, a win would be huge for the Bills.

From a playoff seeding standpoint, this is one of the two remaining games that the Bills can most afford to lose. The Bills REALLY need some wins vs AFC opponents. 

I'm sure someone will take what I'm saying the wrong way. Obviously the Bills need all the wins they can get. I'm just saying this game is not, strictly speaking, a "must win" game". The Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, and Pats games are.

Agreed. My only comment is that if we lose this one, then also Cowboys become a must win game too. I still find it very unlikely that we can get it with 10-7.

So win this one and save the opportunity to lose for Cowboys game :)

15 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Agreed. My only comment is that if we lose this one, then also Cowboys become a must win game too. I still find it very unlikely that we can get it with 10-7.

So win this one and save the opportunity to lose for Cowboys game :)

I think there's a lot of talk about our conference record being so bad (because it is currently), but it's common in recent history for teams to get in with 5 (or even 6) conference losses.  I wouldn't write us off completely at 10-7 as long as we go 4-0 against the AFC from here on out.  All the teams around us still play each other, and we haven't lost to Houston/Pitt/Cleveland/Indy so they don't have that tiebreaker.

Not that it'll feel any better if we don't take this game, but, just to dispel the notion that every game is a must win from here on out--I think the NFC games are the ones that we can afford to lose, if any

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

A couple notes

One is, the Chiefs offense has not been as high-powered as usual this year.  Currently #16 for points and #10 for yards.  They have somewhat similar woes - a lot of turnovers (tied with Bills for 19), a lot of dropped passes.

It's the Chiefs defense that has been keeping them in games.  That, and Paddy Mahomes feet - he's actually #4 for QB rush yards, right behind Jackson, Hurts, and Fields.

Two is, both teams had 12 drives.  3 turnovers (fumble for the Chiefs as well as INT and and INT by Philly).  The Eagles had 7 punts to the Chiefs 6 punts.  So it would be pretty much true that the Chiefs D shut down the high-flying Eagles offense pretty well. 

The difference in the game came down to Chiefs settling for a FG to go with 2 TD where the Eagles had 3 TD

The true difference in the game was where/when the Chiefs turned the ball over. There are turnovers and then there are turnovers. The Chiefs took points off the board with BOTH an interception and a fumble. One in each half. If they simply sit on the ball and take the chip shot field goals…they win. 

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

The “Eagles so scary” crowd are simply going off their record and how they looked last year. 

erroneous-vince-vaughn.gif

I live in Philly and they are the team I watch anywhere as close to as much as the Bills. They are a good team. They have two WRs who could be top end 1s on other squads, one of the best O-lines in football and at least two capable running backs. Hurts is an above average QB. They have a scary D-line. That would make them a contender in pretty much any scenario.

Now, are they unbeatable? Heck no. They played down to competition a lot this year, only they squeaked out wins instead of blowing it like the Bills. Their record is a combination of very close wins they easily could have lost and the fact that the NFC is a joke outside of maybe four teams.

But they are not to be taken lightly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Maybe Von’s been saving the good stuff for this one? 

Man, if he was going full speed with Floyd and Oliver playing the way they are, this would be a scary pass rush. 

I wonder if his brace is coming off for this game…it’s been a year now right?  He’s gonna go crazy when it comes off I’m pretty sure lol I think vons probably just as frustrated as anybody watching him play 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.