Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

I have a strangely good feeling about this. Eagles are due to be flat. If Brady calls a game like last time, I feel like we can score 30 easy. His sense of flow was that much better.

There's one big caveat in my mind: we have to be up two or three scores by late in the fourth. 

I have no faith than McD can beat Siriani in a strategic endgame. (Or Reid, Harbaugh, Shanahan, etc.) 

If we want to win a Super Bowl with him, it's probably gonna take a string of 10+ point victories.

Edited by Ray Stonada
  • Agree 2

Someone mentioned how the upcoming bye week might also benefit the Bills - One usually thinks about the benefit of a bye for the following week (extra rest, more time for injuries to improve, retool as necessary, etc.) but maybe there's also a psychological benefit on the front end as well:  Play extra hard/aggressive knowing you have more time to heal; a bit more incentive to win so don't have "bad taste in your mouth" for an extra week?  Perhaps a stretch but hopefully it's another modest factor in our favor.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Eagles defense has not been good against opposing TEs so that very well may happen.

They seemed to do a pretty good job against Kelce, who's no slouch.  But I'm thinking that was because he normally is so much of the Chiefs game plan that they doubled him a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Someone mentioned how the upcoming bye week might also benefit the Bills - One usually thinks about the benefit of a bye for the following week (extra rest, more time for injuries to improve, retool as necessary, etc.) but maybe there's also a psychological benefit on the front end as well:  Play extra hard/aggressive knowing you have more time to heal; a bit more incentive to win so don't have "bad taste in your mouth" for an extra week?  Perhaps a stretch but hopefully it's another modest factor in our favor.  Go Bills!

I think the Bills will put it all on the field regardless of bye week.  They know they are up against the wall with not much room for error if they want to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

They seemed to do a pretty good job against Kelce, who's no slouch.  But I'm thinking that was because he normally is so much of the Chiefs game plan that they doubled him a lot. 

I think the fact they practically played in a monsoon for a lot of that game didn’t hurt either 

Bills need to consult w some rugby guys about that Eagles play to get one yard or so.  the Eagles play is very Rugby like, and there must be ways to stop it.  I notice the eagles linemen have their pads almost on the ground.  I wonder if they are crossing legs after the snap like the Rugby guys do.  (linemen are called hookers btw because of that)  Anyhow, I am surprised nobody in the NFL has figured out how to stop that Eagles play so far.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Georgia Bill said:

Bad weather plus they double teamed Kelce a lot given that there is literally no other receiver threat on the team they can do a lot of that stuff. Thanks to Diggs the Eagles cannot do that same game plan.

33 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

He has become rote after a few years in the booth.  Not as good as he was when he fresh off the playing seasons.

Which sucks cuz he was awesome at first and then the networks told him to water it down and talk less X’s & O’s, making him boring. 

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Bills need to consult w some rugby guys about that Eagles play to get one yard or so.  the Eagles play is very Rugby like, and there must be ways to stop it.  I notice the eagles linemen have their pads almost on the ground.  I wonder if they are crossing legs after the snap like the Rugby guys do.  (linemen are called hookers btw because of that)  Anyhow, I am surprised nobody in the NFL has figured out how to stop that Eagles play so far.

I don't know the Eagles overall statistics on that push play but they've been successful every time I've seen it.  Bottom line is it does make it tougher on defenses, because any down (including 4th) with a yard to go gets converted to a 1st.  So really all they need is 9 yards in 3 downs and they're good to go.  Like you I've been hoping someone could figure out a way to stop it - at least some of the time.  I suspect they may ban it in the off-season, but we'll be dealing with it next Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I don't know the Eagles overall statistics on that push play but they've been successful every time I've seen it.  Bottom line is it does make it tougher on defenses, because any down (including 4th) with a yard to go gets converted to a 1st.  So really all they need is 9 yards in 3 downs and they're good to go.  Like you I've been hoping someone could figure out a way to stop it - at least some of the time.  I suspect they may ban it in the off-season, but we'll be dealing with it next Sunday.

I think Buck mentioned on the broadcast Monday that it’s only been unsuccessful twice since the beginning of last season.

Bills have 2 DBs on IR, 2 were limited in practice, and 3 didn't practice at all today.  I think that officially hits the "decimated" threshold.  If the D-line doesn't play lights out, I would expect the Eagles to put up a lot of points.

The question is can the new, "more fun" offense keep up if it needs to, and hope for some breaks or turnovers.

Turnovers and unforced errors by our side might be too much to overcome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.