Road to the Playoffs

steven50

59 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I know its all doom and gloom but I'm gonna try a little glass half full post.

The only road to the playoffs is through winning the AFC east, wild card is out of the picture now. If we beat the Jets, Fins Pats, and chargers we would finish the season at 9-8

I can see Miami losing to: Titans, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills and raiders (and/or splitting with Jets) which would finish them at 9 -8 (although if they split with the Jets AND lose to the raiders that would be 8-8)

We win Tie Breaker if both finish 9-8.

Playoffs.

What do you think are the odds?

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

I know fans will refuse to give credit to the Dolphins if anything because they are a hated division rival, but even if they truly aren't an elite SB contender this year as long as they hold fort (i.e. beating every team without a winning record and losing to the ones that do) they will only lose 2 more games all year (Cowboys/Ravens also yes I'm factoring in the Bills being a team with a losing record that they'll beat in the season finale).

Bigger picture though is where on earth does anyone see the Bills winning more than a single game the rest of the year? Patriots home game probably only other game they'll be favored in aside from this week against Jets.

1 hour ago, steven50 said:

The average odds across all major books is about +175 or around 35%. These are the realistic odds, not the cries from homers or fans melting down.

Nobody cares however, because it's crystal clear that this team is going nowhere this year and playoffs were never the goal.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

When did you come back?  You just wanted to come back for the tire fire?

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Miami is NOT losing to the Titans.   Full stop.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Miami losing to the Titans? 

Titans have one of the worst pass defenses in the league 

Miami will hang 60 on them

With the way this NFL season has been going it's really stupid for anyone to dismiss the idea of any team beating any other NFL team.

Here's the Billsy thing that'll happen, though.

Bills beat the Jets, shock the Eagles, beat the Chiefs coming off the by, beat the Cowboys at home.

Fanbase back in it and riding high...

and...

we lose the last 3 against the Chargers, Patriots and Dolphins.  Out of playoffs and drafting in the mid teens flashing back to the drought years.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

When did you come back?  You just wanted to come back for the tire fire?

With the way this NFL season has been going it's really stupid for anyone to dismiss the idea of any team beating any other NFL team.

Here's the Billsy thing that'll happen, though.

Bills beat the Jets, shock the Eagles, beat the Chiefs coming off the by, beat the Cowboys at home.

Fanbase back in it and riding high...

and...

we lose the last 3 against the Chargers, Patriots and Dolphins.  Out of playoffs and drafting in the mid teens flashing back to the drought years.

Although I hate the last part, the point of fact is, that if the Bills can't beat the tough teams on their schedule...many of whom they would see in the playoffs, it won't matter what they do to the non-winning teams.  They will be one and done in the playoffs anyways.

It's sad seeing bills fans turn on their team, when they should be showing support

Not a bills fan but despite the poor play of late and the catastrophic injuries on defense , they are still capable of winning any game they play, they need to fix some things, but turning the ball over 3 or 4x and still having a chance to win at the end against ANY NFL team, SPEAKS to what they are capable of doing. 

so you can turn on your team, but the season is not over yet. 

3 hours ago, steven50 said:

The only road to the playoffs is through winning the AFC east, wild card is out of the picture now. If we beat the Jets, Fins Pats, and chargers we would finish the season at 9-8

I can see Miami losing to: Titans, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills and raiders (and/or splitting with Jets) which would finish them at 9 -8 (although if they split with the Jets AND lose to the raiders that would be 8-8)

Playoffs.

Wild card isn't entirely closed,  teams still have games to play and anything can happe

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I know fans will refuse to give credit to the Dolphins if anything because they are a hated division rival, but even if they truly aren't an elite SB contender this year as long as they hold fort (i.e. beating every team without a winning record and losing to the ones that do) they will only lose 2 more games all year (Cowboys/Ravens also yes I'm factoring in the Bills being a team with a losing record that they'll beat in the season finale).

Bigger picture though is where on earth does anyone see the Bills winning more than a single game the rest of the year? Patriots home game probably only other game they'll be favored in aside from this week against Jets.

I think there is a solid shot we go 8-9 for the season.

2 hours ago, par73 said:

LOL-- the road is a dead end.

I have seen the road to the playoffs and it looks like this:

dead-end-good-ways-to-make-money1.jpg?w=

Edited by Nextmanup

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Although I hate the last part, the point of fact is, that if the Bills can't beat the tough teams on their schedule...many of whom they would see in the playoffs, it won't matter what they do to the non-winning teams.  They will be one and done in the playoffs anyways.

Why do you think the Bills can't beat the tough teams on their schedule?

They play to their opponent's level most of the time.  The Chiefs do, too - but they're better at pulling out the close ones.

We don't have a significant talent gap w/ ANY team in the league, imo.  We're just as capable of blowing out the Dolphins as we are of losing to the Broncos.  

If the beat the Jets and pull off a huge upset against KC or Philly, then maybe I will hold out hope.

Huge if there.  The way that they are playing, I could see them either losing out of getting a meaningless win at the very end that knocks them down a few draft spots like they used to do in drought era. 

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, a demoralizing loss like that is very hard to recover from.

How we want Buffalo to respond to the rest of the season

How  Buffalo will likely respond to the rest of the season

Edited by dgrochester55

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Why do you think the Bills can't beat the tough teams on their schedule?

They play to their opponent's level most of the time.  The Chiefs do, too - but they're better at pulling out the close ones.

We don't have a significant talent gap w/ ANY team in the league, imo.  We're just as capable of blowing out the Dolphins as we are of losing to the Broncos.  

I'm not saying we can't beat the tough teams.  My point was that IF we can't beat them now, we likely won't beat them later either.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, steven50 said:

Playoffs.

Yes we can still both make the playoffs and win the AFCE...but now we are faced with 2 stark realities...

• Bills can not lose more than 1 more game despite facing the 3rd hardest remaining schedule in the NFL that includes the top AFC and NFC team in Chiefs and Eagles, our divisional leader in Miami, and both the Cowboys and Chargers, both tough games.  Our other 2 games, which to anyone else would be "easy" games, are Jets and Pats who have both beat us this year already.  
  • Bills need help from the Dolphins to win the AFCE and now need them to lose TWO more games than us before our week 17 showdown.  

At this point, the odds of us making the playoffs are completely tied to Brady and this offense.  The defense has done well enough despite the injuries for his to be undefeated right now, but the offense who laid an egg week 1 and then has avg 20.5 PPG the past 6 weeks has been the achilles heal.  But can Brady make that kind of an impact out the gate is a real question mark and tall ask.  There is NO room for error or growing pains.

This offense has to come out and face a tough Jets D right out the gate with a new OC and a 6 week slump.  If the Bills offense can go ahead and show well against the Jets D, then I wills start to think there is a chance we can do what needs to be done to get to the playoffs.  But we will 100% miss the playoffs if the switch from Dorsey to Brady does not make a significant improvement to the offense.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I'm not even sure I want to watch this current iteration of the Bills go to the postseason again.

God only knows what kind of horrific choke job they'd manage to pull out of their hats in a playoff game.

Maybe it’s the vice-versa effect… We’ve had great regular season play and very sub-par play in every post season under McClap with the exception of the Patriots blowout…

Maybe, just maybe, we perform in the playoffs after stumbling through the regular season???

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcZWzUIuRNqVMPHpWhx4L

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Success said:

So, they have ZERO chance of making the playoffs? None at all?

I get thinking it's slim.  I think it's slim.  But there are scenarios and possibilities - and we're not even at a point where the math starts getting insane and you need all kinds of outcomes & other teams to win or lose.

Bengals were 7-6 in 2021 and 4-4 last season.  Things can change in a hurry.

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

Bengals were 7-6 in 2021 and 4-4 last season.  Things can change in a hurry.

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Bills were 7-6 two years ago. That "13 ***** seconds" season. If they can pull out a win over the Eagles and Chiefs, they'll be ready for a deep run in the playoffs. Miami always fades in the end and Tua will not stay healthy the entire season. 

Difference is the record and games remaining of both the Bills and teams they need to catch. 

7 games left. 5-5. If they finish 6-1 down the stretch they will make it. They could still get in at 10-7 but they would need help as far as tie breakers. If Miami can lose a couple games down the road that would help us too. 

They can’t lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. 

Edited by BillMafia716ix

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Bills were 7-6 two years ago. That "13 ***** seconds" season. If they can pull out a win over the Eagles and Chiefs, they'll be ready for a deep run in the playoffs. Miami always fades in the end and Tua will not stay healthy the entire season. 

Sure they were 7-6 that year and dealt with their own struggles that season but let's face it they never looked like this at any point.  This is a team that's truly broken right now.  If they can't beat teams like the Patriots and Broncos I have no expectations of them beating teams like Philly, KC, Dallas 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, steven50 said:

Playoffs.

I think you should talk to your doctor and see if you need to decrease your dose.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

If you look at the remainder of the schedule it's almost impossible to believe the Bills are going to win enough games to get into the playoffs.  So for me it's one game at a time.

The Jets next.  When Rodgers got hurt in week 1 I figured the only way the Bills lose is if they turn the ball over several times.  And right on queue that's what they did.  

The Jets offense plain sucks and hasn't scored a TD in almost 3 games.  Who wants to bet that streak ends on Sunday?

They have Allen and the Bills offense figured out but the wildcard here is they have no film on the offense with Joe Brady putting together a game plan and calling the plays.  Will he be drastically different than Dorsey?  Doubtful.  But the wrinkles he puts in and calls that differ from past tendencies might be enough to squeeze out a couple more scores to get the win and go into Philly at 6-5. 

17 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Being serious, slim and none. If they can’t win the games they should win, they have no chance against teams that are better than them. In all honesty, they should have lost vs the Giants, and they were lucky as heck to get the W vs Tampa Bay. Did you see what the Cowboys did to the Giants the other day? You think the Bills can beat them!? Anything is *possible*, but it’s not realistic. I think they win 3 more games, at the most.

While I agree with this, the Cowboys this season are kind of like the Dolphins of the NFC. They are absolutely demolishing the bad teams and struggling against good ones. Though they did lose to the Cardinals earlier this year. They also got trounced by the 49ers and lost to the Eagles as well. So, if there is a good team we can beat out of Philly, The Chiefs and them? It would be the Cowboys

Edited by Buffalo03

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

While I agree with this, the Cowboys this season are kind of like the Dolphins of the NFC. They are absolutely demolishing the bad teams and struggling against good ones. Though they did lose to the Cardinals earlier this year. They also got trounced by the 49ers and lost to the Eagles as well. So, if there is a good team we can beat out of Philly, The Chiefs and them? It would be the Cowboys

Umm, the Bills are not a good team. They are mediocre at best, and far from good. The Bills have had one noteworthy win (vs Fish) this year, and that’s it.

18 hours ago, steven50 said:

Playoffs.

Not losing to the Titans or Raiders so at worse they be 10-7.  The only loss for sure I see on that list is the Cowboys.

16 hours ago, QCity said:

The average odds across all major books is about +175 or around 35%. These are the realistic odds, not the cries from homers or fans melting down.

Nobody cares however, because it's crystal clear that this team is going nowhere this year and playoffs were never the goal.

So the plan was to secure a top 10 draft pick? 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.