Will a win over the Jets to get to 6-5 bring everyone back in?!?!

DBilz2500

11-6 meaning we go 5-1 vs (KC, PHI, DAL, MIA, LAC, NE) still could be tough to get in. Look at other teams schedule and every loser in the AFC games has a winner. So unless they are all splits we are screwed. The issue is there are not many AFC / NFC games left and most are against bad NFC teams. 

HOU only has 3 road games and only tough games are JAX and CLE. They are well positioned to get to 11 wins. Loses to JAX and CLE help those teams.

JAX has HOU, CIN, BAL, CLE. They win and they get to 11 wins. They lose and its helping those teams.

CIN has JAX, BAL, PIT, PIT, KC, CLE - same story more wins for all teams ahead of us. 

BAL has CIN, LAX, MIA, PIT...same; only loss that could help is SF.

CLE has PIT, JAX, CIN, HOU...same

PIT has CLE, CIN, CIN, BAL...same

MIA has BUF, DAL, BAL...this is our best bet. Win we in out and get to 12-5 or 11-6. They lose these three and fall to 11-6 and lose tiebreaker to us. 

Edited by ngbills

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

11-6 meaning we go 5-1 vs (KC, PHI, DAL, MIA, LAC, NE) still could be tough to get in. Look at other teams schedule and every loser in the AFC games has a winner. So unless they are all splits we are screwed. The issue is there are not many AFC / NFC games left and most are against bad NFC teams. 

HOU only has 3 road games and only tough games are JAX and CLE. They are well positioned to get to 11 wins. Loses to JAX and CLE help those teams.

JAX has HOU, CIN, BAL, CLE. They win and they get to 11 wins. They lose and its helping those teams.

CIN has JAX, BAL, PIT, PIT, KC, CLE - same story more wins for all teams ahead of us. 

BAL has CIN, LAX, MIA, PIT...same; only loss that could help is SF.

CLE has PIT, JAX, CIN, HOU...same

PIT has CLE, CIN, CIN, BAL...same

MIA has BUF, DAL, BAL...this is our best bet. Win we in out and get to 12-5 or 11-6. They lose these three and fall to 11-6 and lose tiebreaker to us. 

11-6 will win the division.  10-7 might, as long as one of those remaining wins is against Miami.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:55 PM, DBilz2500 said:

I mean we’re still alive… 

Yes it will because if we’re being honest we don’t really have anyone except for Josh.  As it is can still remembering him carrying this team with Beasley and Brown.  Without Diggs and with more and more influence over how plays were called with Daboll and more plays changed.  I get 8t from Buffalo press internal and external Ken was a dictator.  We need to get back to humble and hungry.  Not hanging up Lombardi banners or posters,  a torn UCL and a town shoulder ligament have hit Josh.  

Let's dream a bit.  Let's imagine we don't just win, we win big - something like 38-13.  On top of that, Allen throws for 380 yards and 4 TDs against the Jets tough defense.

That would reignite my excitement for the season.  I'd start to believe that Brady has got the O back on track.  

I won't say I'll be surprised if we win. I'm not off on them yet but they and I are seriously wounded. Never know what happens next and there is time to recover despite the hard schedule. Replacing Dorsey could provide a spark that pushes them through the season. Or it could be meaningless and the season ended when Milano got hurt.

Magic 8 ball says too early to predict.

With the injuries being significant (no excuse) they certainly could flame out.

With Josh, and maybe a fresh restart, they could win out. Time will tell. Every week is the biggest game of the schedule now. Jets are a great test to our mindset going forward. Their defense has crushed all the top qb's. LFG!

I’ll get excited when the Bills beat a bonafide SB contender in the playoffs. The Bills under McDermott are yet to do that - unless you count the PO win over the Ravens, but I think that’s a stretch. There are a lot of hurdles to get to that point this season so I’ll just take it one game at a time. 

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’ll get excited when the Bills beat a bonafide SB contender in the playoffs. The Bills under McDermott are yet to do that - unless you count the PO win over the Ravens, but I think that’s a stretch. There are a lot of hurdles to get to that point this season so I’ll just take it one game at a time. 

The win over the legendary Skylar Thompson led Dolphins in last year's WC game doesn't count :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

This team is a horrible joke and they will find another way to embarrass themselves and the fans. Now we can add to our own stupidity.

-Losing 4 straight Super bowls - Check!

- Giving away a game in 13 seconds with stupid decisions! - Check Check!!!

- Blowing a game where your OC cannot call a simple run game against a poor run defense and your head coach trots 12 people onto the game winning FG after taking a couple of timeouts to freeze the kicker!

What a bunch of idiots, We need to just lose out and have a good draft next year. Dorsey is plain stupid and does not understand how to make changes, and our HC is also nothing more than a glorified defensive coordinator.

TY Bills for giving me part of my life back and not waste time watching them!!! Go Sabres

I agree with most of what you're saying....my Dad used to always say that the Bills are born losers, LOL...but those 2 timouts taken by McClappy at the end of the game were not to freeze the kicker. They were taken because after the defensive PI penalty was committed by Johnson, everybody in the world knew that Denver was just going to run the clock down as close to zero as possible before they kicked the GW FG.

He was stopping the clock hoping they might get the ball back after the successful FG, and pull a 13 seconds on Denver. But Sean Payton outsmarted him and did not stop the clock (by spiking the ball on 3rd down), and that's when both teams had the Chinese fire drill getting their FG units on to the field. In all the confusion, the Bills ended up with 12 guys out there.

Personally, if I'm McD, I would have put the defensive FG unit out on the field after their final timeout. No reason to have your Dime Pkg still out there, as Denver was not going to chance it by running a normal play, with no timouts left, and :24 on the game clock.

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Probably, because we'd still be very much alive even if we lose at Philadelphia and Kansas City to go to 6-7. But if we lose this Sunday, *****'s over.

Must wins games are the Jets, Chargers, Pats, Dolphins (obviously) and Cowboys as they can't afford another home loss. A split with the Chiefs/Eagles would be great. Prefer the Chiefs game for conference record purposes. It would be nice to get the Eagles game but this the one game where if they don't win it's not the end of the world.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.