Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

You left out the last part, "that's who he treats everyone"

Well he has a right to treat anyone who demands he get his ass over here like some servant to be ordered around.  It isn't like this other person suggested that she ask  Stephon when it would be a good time for whatever interview they w a no to get done. I mean she does alotvofvthe fluff pr behind the scenes stuff to give players exposure.  If she even jokes with the players in that manner it best be because they regard her as part of the gang and then that FU can be in a good friend  mentality.  It's not as common to have on staff media be that chummy with players perhaps but this is Buffalo where we do have that rep if good neighbors.

Probably the only people he'd never respond that way to would be those he views as authority he grants as part of his employment.  That be Pegulas  and Beane  and coaching staff. E1 else if in the tight-knit group  it's FU.  Not the young scouting intern office boy that's the college roommate of someone with nfl connections.

i

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

A few comments about Diggs doing media a favor, or not having to do interviews etc. 

Guaranteed he has media responsibilities in his contract. So when the Bills schedule interview time, many times he’s contractually obligated. All these sit downs in front of a mic aren’t some favor or good will. Nobody would do daily media unless obligated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I still want to know who said to Von Miller when he approached the mic something like "are you gonna wear those sunglasses" and then Von Miller took them off, but commented that "they're comfortable", clearly annoyed at the person who said that.  Buffalo sure ain't LA, is it Von?  Ridiculous - let Von Miller be - if he wants to wear sunglasses during the press conf, then so ***** what!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

What am I missing here? What the hell does she have to apologize for lol?

I think she felt like it was the right move, but I think the right move would have been not to apologize.  I really doubt Stef would have been bothered by this. With the apology, now she actually looks more like she did something wrong. 

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

I think she felt like it was the right move, but I think the right move would have been not to apologize.  I really doubt Stef would have been bothered by this. With the apology, now she actually looks more like she did something wrong. 

She’s in a bad spot if she doesn’t. But I get your position. Again, if Diggs has a decent relationship with her he can squash this. If he doesn’t she could be whacked and it will add unnecessary organizational stress. If she’s an ass pain to the players he won’t.

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh Maddie

You are the cute everyone’s little sister type of reporter

Don’t mess that up

I find her voice grating and her insights kinda common sense and lackluster. Id much prefer the Sals of the world than a rah rah fan whos happy to be included hired by the team. If it was a guy Id feel the same way. She came from college and IMO, she still has a very college/student reporter feel to her work. Shes seemingly gotten better during her time on the radio, but it still has an amateur feel

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

I find her voice grating and her insights kinda common sense and lackluster. Id much prefer the Sals of the world than a rah rah fan whos happy to be included hired by the team. If it was a guy Id feel the same way. She came from college and IMO, she still has a very college/student reporter feel to her work. Shes seemingly gotten better during her time on the radio, but it still has an amateur feel

Funny thing is that Sal is actually the rah rah fan and Maddy is a Bears fan (or was a few years ago at least - not sure if that allegiance was changed or not).

5 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Oh they are....there's already people on Twitter campaigning for her to lose her job

I hate the world we live in now:(

She's not even upset over it, if you actually listen to the clip it is said in a very "kiddingly" way.  In context she is basically acknowledging she knows Diggs doesn't really want to have to talk to the media but by no means is she being malicious or aggressive about it. 

Much ado about nothing but once again something that is being blown out of proportion on social media 

She’s awful anyway, and this makes her seem like just another entitled media type. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Sports reporters never have and never will encounter 100% cheery and cooperative athletes. If she’s still salty about that fact after being here for years at this point, she needs to either get over it or find a new line of work.

I didn’t get that impression at all from her. My take on it was that the Bills media crew were looking to get a player at the mic, post-practice. It’s not as if they were targeting Alec Anderson or Reid Ferguson to pepper with questions for their columns.
It sounded like they wanted Diggs, and Maddy was emphasizing the point to someone that the moody player may or may not be cooperative today. It was that simple. 

Anyone who’s ever had to perform at an elite level should understand that your head is in a different space before, during, and directly after the event. Everything else is just noise. Diggs is ultra focused. He might be the sweetest guy away from the field after he’s had time to decompress, but with the jersey still wet from sweat he’s still going to be lingering mentally in that space. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I didn’t get that impression at all from her. My take on it was that the Bills media crew were looking to get a player at the mic, post-practice. It’s not as if they were targeting Alec Anderson or Reid Ferguson to pepper with questions for their columns.
It sounded like they wanted Diggs, and Maddy was emphasizing the point to someone that the moody player may or may not be cooperative today. It was that simple. 

Anyone who’s ever had to perform at an elite level should understand that your head is in a different space before, during, and directly after the event. Everything else is just noise. Diggs is ultra focused. He might be the sweetest guy away from the field after he’s had time to decompress, but with the jersey still wet from sweat he’s still going to be lingering mentally in that space. 

I listened to it a few more times and agree with you - I don’t think it was any sort of serious criticism.

• Like (+1) 1

Bad look for a bad reporter when you are on the team payroll and talking sht about a star player even if it’s in jest. I don’t think Stef could care less about Mandy Glab’s opinion on anything and he won’t acknowledge this little hiccup. Why anyone listens to any Bills reporter paid by the team (Sal C included he’s the worst) is beyond me. They are paid propagandists and we get nothing insightful from them. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This is considered trash talk?  Diggs probably thinks it was funny as hell what she said.  Whoever released the footage and tried to stir something up clearly has a ax to grind with her or the organization.  Was Sullivan in the room?  

That is actually a great point

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

She will lose her job over this.

And Maddy Glab is bigger than Josh Allen on this board. 

If she does, that's really very sad.  You can bet every other single reporter has made similar comments just messing around amongst themselves

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.